Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 11-13-2009, 04:13 PM

Default Ice Fishing get together?

Is anyone planning a ice fishing get together this winter.

I would love to get to one of these. I always seemed to be teaching courses on the weekend when there was a summer one.
Now that the company has said no more weekend course( breaks my heart ) myself and a few friends would love to get together and meet some of the members on here.

Thanks to all in advance for any and all responses.

Drano..

A Good Friend told me,
Wind from the East fish bite the least, Wind from the West fish bite the best...

Last edited by Drano; 11-13-2009 at 04:22 PM.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:16 PM

Id be up for that, how about Newell or CVR?

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 11-13-2009, 04:21 PM

As long as im not working, Im in.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:24 PM

When & Where. Would love to get out and meet some folks into the fishing!!
Old 11-13-2009, 07:17 PM

I would love to go ice fishing in a group, none of my friends let alone ice fish, depends on where it is though
Old 11-13-2009, 08:13 PM

I'm totally in, of course depending on location and timing.

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 11-13-2009, 09:26 PM

well thats 5-6 + friends I'd say we have a party!! Your idea drano pick a location and we'll work on a timeframe.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezle View Post
I'm totally in, of course depending on location and timing.
X2. ----luv the Nofx qoute.....so true!
Old 11-13-2009, 09:43 PM

Default get together

I would second CV for some Pike and burb fishing. Maybe even a fish fry too. Anyone know if they are keeping the campground open since they added the new facilities. Would be able to take the trailer or just like some, park in the parking lot with the genny. Do need some ice first. FIL was over this a.m. and we were looking at the shack sitting in the back yard and starting to get the itch....
Old 11-13-2009, 09:49 PM

I'm in for sure, provided that I am not working. I'll wait to hear where and when. Great idea.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:52 PM

i would be in but it depends where
Old 11-14-2009, 03:25 PM

Default Frosty

Weekend in March
Saturday get together
Sunday fish in
Sylvan Lake
Old 11-14-2009, 04:21 PM

YAY!!!! Ice fishing! Count me in!

BE THE CHANGE YOU WISH TO SEE IN THE WORLD

GHANDI
Old 11-14-2009, 04:43 PM

Oh yes there WILL be some gatherings this hardwater season you can bet on that. We have done 5 of them so far. PCR hardwater , Chain hardwater , Spray Lake hardwater , PCR summer camping , and Caroline summer camping. Every person who has come out has been top notch and we all had a blast. I have got some great friends off this forum and the gatherings. I know myself will be doing a gathering or two this hardwater season. I hope to see you all out there.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15h...ec&usp=sharing
Old 11-14-2009, 04:47 PM

Im In!!!! just picked up a new flasher and ice tent, ready to go!!!!
Old 11-14-2009, 05:12 PM

I've love to see a flasher in action! Heard alot about them but never seen one used first hand.
Old 11-14-2009, 05:52 PM

Looks like we should have one at Sylvan or thereabouts for the northern half, and maybe CVR for those of us in the south? And both for whoever can make it the longer distance. And it doesnt have to be an organized get together, Im happy to fish with whomever is in the area, always glad to pick up new tricks and spots from new friends. Havent done much icefishing but this winter I plan on changing that.

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 11-14-2009, 05:54 PM
Banned

Yup definitely have to have at least 2. One for the northern members and one for the southerner's..
Old 11-14-2009, 11:45 PM

Yeah I live in Calgary and traveling is not really an option and this is my first winter ice fishing so having some guys out with me would be great, experienced or not it would be great to have a buddy or two
Old 11-15-2009, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnglerCraig View Post
Yeah I live in Calgary and traveling is not really an option and this is my first winter ice fishing so having some guys out with me would be great, experienced or not it would be great to have a buddy or two
If you need some help with get'n gear or finding locations just let me know i would be happy to give you a hand. And when you are ready to get out there and pull some monsters out of the ice I am more than happy to take you out Just let me kow

Old 11-15-2009, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jts1 View Post
If you need some help with get'n gear or finding locations just let me know i would be happy to give you a hand. And when you are ready to get out there and pull some monsters out of the ice I am more than happy to take you out Just let me kow
I will be interested in this too. This will be my first year of ice fishing. If you guys are organizing an even, I would be happy to join.
Thanks.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericlin0122 View Post
I will be interested in this too. This will be my first year of ice fishing. If you guys are organizing an even, I would be happy to join.
Thanks.
You bet, Any1 needing help is more than welcome to let me know. I am somewhat of a social butterfly on the ice so no probs taking out new people. Just let me know if there is anything I can do. I am sure you will find no shortage of great people on here willing to help out with getn gear or trips out to the ice.

Old 11-15-2009, 10:28 AM

Default Along the same lines but slightly different approach...

Instead of (or rather in addition to) the organized event, why don't we come up with some way to identify other AO members? Something like a red flag on top of your vehicle. That way, when you go to a lake you can see other members there and go say hi and be sociable every time you go out.

Burglar: Aren't you going to call the cops?
Farmer: Why? Nobody knows you're here
Old 11-15-2009, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollGRG View Post
Instead of (or rather in addition to) the organized event, why don't we come up with some way to identify other AO members? Something like a red flag on top of your vehicle. That way, when you go to a lake you can see other members there and go say hi and be sociable every time you go out.
Maybe a ballcap or toque, or both for both seasons. Since Im not usually near my vehicles anyways. AO should come up with a noticable design, Id buy one. No propellers on it tho, with the frikkin wind around here lately Id get some scary altitude!!!!

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 11-15-2009, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
Maybe a ballcap or toque, or both for both seasons. Since Im not usually near my vehicles anyways. AO should come up with a noticable design, Id buy one.

I would buy one too or we could each make a plywood or carboard sign with our screen name I plan on putting mine on my shack
Old 11-15-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
Maybe a ballcap or toque, or both for both seasons. Since Im not usually near my vehicles anyways. AO should come up with a noticable design, Id buy one. No propellers on it tho, with the frikkin wind around here lately Id get some scary altitude!!!!
What a great Idea!! I have access the embroidery equipment and an endless supply of blank touques and hats if the higher up's agree I think most of us would cough up 10-15 bucks for a hat and a touque I would do it at cost maybe we just take a an extra buck or two for a charitibul cause. We'd need something that sticks out from the everyday. Bright pink?
Old 11-15-2009, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
What a great Idea!! I have access the embroidery equipment and an endless supply of blank touques and hats if the higher up's agree I think most of us would cough up 10-15 bucks for a hat and a touque I would do it at cost maybe we just take a an extra buck or two for a charitibul cause. We'd need something that sticks out from the everyday. Bright pink?
would that be 10 or 15 for both? In that case why not make it an even 20, and put the excess into some charity. Im up for that.

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 11-15-2009, 12:38 PM

Default Options

I don't think a cap of some sort would be the best - you would want something the would be identifyable from a bit of a distance. I am not in the habit of driving right up to all the other fishers on the lake. Also, it should be something that would still be visible when you are in a hut of some kind.

What would be nice is if AO came up with a flag like the Oilers or Flames that has a plastic mount for the window of the vehicle.

Even if you are not fishing but hunting, you could see that the vehicle at the entrance to a cut line belongs to a fellow AOer.

Burglar: Aren't you going to call the cops?
Farmer: Why? Nobody knows you're here
Old 11-15-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jts1 View Post
Thanks for the offer!, I do think I will need some help on the ice I have no idea what I'm doing haha as for gear I think I'm good to go, normally I fish rainbow trout but anything will do
Old 11-15-2009, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollGRG View Post
I don't think a cap of some sort would be the best - you would want something the would be identifyable from a bit of a distance. I am not in the habit of driving right up to all the other fishers on the lake. Also, it should be something that would still be visible when you are in a hut of some kind.

What would be nice is if AO came up with a flag like the Oilers or Flames that has a plastic mount for the window of the vehicle.

Even if you are not fishing but hunting, you could see that the vehicle at the entrance to a cut line belongs to a fellow AOer.
good point thats why I said it would have to be like hot pink. The flag idea I think would work I'm sure if your inventive a guy could attach it to his ice shack/tent or something if they don't have their vehicle close by. I like it I have alot of free time I'll look into it.