Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 11-23-2009, 07:54 AM

Default Sunday on the Bow

Was fly fishin yesterday on the Bow at the Glenmore bridge. It was a great day. Warm and no wind and the fish were on.
I'm standing on shore casting, and I hear a "Watch out" behind me. 2 guys walked right into my back cast. He said, "you need to watch what your doing". I started to laugh at him and asked back "why would you walk directly behind me?" . He didn't answer. When he walked by I saw they both had pickerel rigs on their rods. One with worms, and the other with minnows. I politely told them they cannot use them, but I don't think they understood me. On one of the guys first cast, he loses his rig on some rocks. So this is when I decided to call RAP.
5 mins later, the other has a rainbow on his line. He pulls the 18"/19" fish in, holds it up, drops it on the rocks, and KICKS the trout back into the water.
I hung out for a half hour after I made the phone call, and nobody showed up. Nothing against F&W, maybe they were very busy yesterday.
What else do you do, short of starting a fight.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:04 AM

Too bad nobody from RAP showed.
Take pictures if you can, don't give up and sooner or later these pepole will get caught.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:06 AM

i've heard people like to cheat on the rules down on that area of the bow, havent caught them myself yet but i dont fish the bow alot....glad to hear the bite was on again though...
Old 11-23-2009, 08:11 AM

ya no pics, but I know their vehicle. Its pretty frustrating when most of us look after our fisheries. F&W should implement something where people can apply for the responsibility of handing out tickets
Just a thought
Old 11-23-2009, 08:28 AM

Don't know how well that would work out, can you imagine the mayhem???People would probably fight a regular joe for trying to hand a ticket to them for their stupidity.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:23 AM

I fish that area lots and I can't believe the nerve of people (should have gone out on Sun too but too tired ). It's not like it's a quiet secluded area. But yeah, next time try an snap a few photos with your phone if you can. I hope RAP follows up.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:22 PM

maybe its time for some vigilante justice!
Old 11-23-2009, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitfisher83 View Post
Don't know how well that would work out, can you imagine the mayhem???People would probably fight a regular joe for trying to hand a ticket to them for their stupidity.

You think thats stupidity?? I remember this one time on this one forum, somebody posted pictures of undersized pike they illegally kept from chestermere. Unfortunately F&W did not do much(once again) to said poster after it was called in.

Last edited by Kyle; 11-23-2009 at 07:22 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:28 PM

here we go again...lol