Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2009, 10:04 PM

Default Kahles no longer has a Canadian Distributor

I was so pleased with my new Kahles CT 3x9x42 scope,that I called to order a second one for my new Cooper rifle that should arrive around early September.I received a quote from Ellwood Epps,but they called back to tell me that as of July 1st,there is no longer a Kahles distributor in Canada.There hasn't been a Kahles distributor in the U.S.A. for quite some time now.I tried every dealer in Canada that I could think of,and apparently there are no Kahles CT 3x9x42 scopes in Canada.
I did a search online,and found a dealer in New Zealand that has these scopes in stock.I spoke with the dealer,and unlike the U.S.A. ,New Zealand does not require export permits for scopes.I added the airmail shipping charges,and after converting to Canadian Dollars,the price was actually about $50 less than what I paid for the first scope at Wholesale Sports,and $100 less than what Ellwood Epps quoted me.The delivery time is listed as 5 to 12 days,whereas Ellwood Epps quoted me 10 to 12 weeks before discovering that Kahles no longer has a Canadian distributor.