Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 09-27-2008, 11:57 PM

Default Fishing Club?

Hey guys, I was hanging out with my Dad this afternoon and he had mentioned something about an older gentlemens fishing club in Alberta. Apparently he was at the sportsman show this summer in Edmonton and had heard about a fishing club for some older folks within Alberta.

My Grandfather loves to fish, and both my Father and I love to go with him, unfortunately we can never seem to get out as often as we like. This club sounded like a great opportunity for my Grandfather to make some friends within the sport and get out a lot more often.

Anyway we seem to have misplaced the info regarding this group. If any one has any info on this subject we would really appreciate it being posted on this forum or being pm'd to us.

Thanks for any help,

Jonny.
Old 09-28-2008, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny O View Post
Hey guys, I was hanging out with my Dad this afternoon and he had mentioned something about an older gentlemens fishing club in Alberta. Apparently he was at the sportsman show this summer in Edmonton and had heard about a fishing club for some older folks within Alberta.

My Grandfather loves to fish, and both my Father and I love to go with him, unfortunately we can never seem to get out as often as we like. This club sounded like a great opportunity for my Grandfather to make some friends within the sport and get out a lot more often.

Anyway we seem to have misplaced the info regarding this group. If any one has any info on this subject we would really appreciate it being posted on this forum or being pm'd to us.

Thanks for any help,

Jonny.
If no one here can help you contact the good folks at the fishing hole, one of the managers is sure to know. Ort talk to Rob , he is the grandpoooba of the alberta outdoorsmen group , great guy and very knowelgeable
Old 09-28-2008, 06:28 AM

Jonny O;
Your dad could be refering to the Edmonton Oldtimers Fishing Club.They have around 150 members,monthly meetings and weekly fly tying and BS sessions
at the AFGA office on Gateway Boulvard.
They do have a monthly newsletter,good information and he can read how to contact other members to arrange outings and share info.
The annual dues are around $20-$25.I was a member for 12 years but quit for personal reasons.I still do keep in touch and fish with a lot of members.
You can send me a PM and I will give you a contact phone number or more information.
Oh yeah,members must be minimum of 55 years old to join.
HotHook
Old 09-28-2008, 09:03 PM

Default Trout club

Also the Edmonton Trout Club, different group, just google it for more information...