Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 03-18-2007, 11:01 PM
"host hunting"

Default "host hunting"

I am from the USA and I would image you guys get sick of all the yankee hunters, but I would really like to hunt whitetail in Alberta this year.

I have a friend from Calgary who wants to take me and I have been told I don't need to hire an actual guid if we complete "host hunting" paperwork....assuming we qualify.

Any information about "host hunting" would be appreciated. If any of you have questions about hunting in Utah, let me know. Your game is bigger so I would image there will be no questions, but let me know.

Thank you in advace for your responses.

Mike
Old 03-18-2007, 11:18 PM
Jamie Hunt

Seen your elk lately????

:rollin :rollin :rollin

Good luck and welcome to Alberta

Jamie
Old 03-18-2007, 11:20 PM
Duffy4

Go to the home page on this site and scrol to the bottom and there is a copy of the "guide to the hunting regulations" The Hunter host thing is explained in there.

Good luck

Robin
Old 03-18-2007, 11:54 PM
Utah Elk

Default Utah Elk

We do have great elk in Utah. I put into our special draw every year and haven't drawn yet. I hope this is my year. I also put in for our desert bighorn sheep. I grew up in a rural community with both sheep and big elk. Unfortunately, when hunting really caught on for sheep, the drawing have become terrible. I am likely 8 years out on the sheep.

If any of you guides draw a Utah elk tag on the Manti region here, I would gladly show you around for an exchange of services.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:51 AM
Tucumseh

Default Re: Utah Elk

MC, here is a link that maybe able to answer a few of your questions.

I'd be real careful with that for there are guys that might be willing to fulfill your request for personal gain which is against the law.
Here is an article I read recently in the 'Alberta Game Warden' you might be interested in.