Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-22-2017, 06:26 PM

Default Camera at Cabelas

Looks like a good deal

Old 12-22-2017, 07:36 PM

Highly recommend the MoPod with a camera, especially when your fishing alone it’s extremely frustrating trying to aim the camera by yourself, not to mention takes time away from fishing.
Old 12-22-2017, 08:45 PM

Both tax in under $400 is a real good deal.
Old 12-22-2017, 09:52 PM

Free shipping right now with min order of $99
Old 12-23-2017, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygringo View Post
Both tax in under $400 is a real good deal.
What nobody ever says about Cabelas in general is- they are a complete rip off on most items and continue to bend Canadian consumers over backwards. The only benefit to this store is being able to get certain items actually in Canada because no other retailers even think to stock the actual good fishing items/lures. I love paying double the price for items when our dollar is only 20-25 cents different then the US dollar. Cabelas being owned by Bass Pro should actually drive the cost down even further but instead they raise it up even more. This Company should be ashamed and if I didn't need certain items I would never buy anything from them. I can give you examples of 10 different items I've bought over the last 5 years where the actual cost has gone up by the hundreds for no reason at all. #my2cents!
Old 12-23-2017, 09:25 AM

I want one. I wonder if they are going on Boxing Day sale anywheres?
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 12-23-2017, 09:36 AM

How does one record off of this? Is it a sd card and push a button or do you need to plug into a recorder? What can one use?
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 12-23-2017, 09:48 AM

Video recording does not seem simple upon looking up YouTube

I wonder if they are coming out with a new model now and clearing out stock?
Old 12-23-2017, 10:08 AM

This is the base model for AV I think. This model has been out for sometime.

For vid recording you may have to go a model etc.

I looked up the camera on US site. Cabelas lists regular price at 299USD (380CAD based on current conversion). 380CAD is what they show on Cabelas.ca as their regular price.
Old 12-23-2017, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMichaud View Post
This is the base model for AV I think. This model has been out for sometime.

For vid recording you may have to go a model etc.

I looked up the camera on US site. Cabelas lists regular price at 299USD (380CAD based on current conversion). 380CAD is what they show on Cabelas.ca as their regular price.
Looks like $379 at Fishinhole.
Old 12-23-2017, 01:19 PM

I think the wife got me this for Christmas, my old fish tv crapped out, going to try get out between Christmas and New Year's
Old 12-23-2017, 02:01 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egymcara View Post
What nobody ever says about Cabelas in general is- they are a complete rip off on most items and continue to bend Canadian consumers over backwards. The only benefit to this store is being able to get certain items actually in Canada because no other retailers even think to stock the actual good fishing items/lures. I love paying double the price for items when our dollar is only 20-25 cents different then the US dollar. Cabelas being owned by Bass Pro should actually drive the cost down even further but instead they raise it up even more. This Company should be ashamed and if I didn't need certain items I would never buy anything from them. I can give you examples of 10 different items I've bought over the last 5 years where the actual cost has gone up by the hundreds for no reason at all. #my2cents!
I like Cabela’s
Old 12-24-2017, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSR_RAT View Post
Highly recommend the MoPod with a camera, especially when your fishing alone it’s extremely frustrating trying to aim the camera by yourself, not to mention takes time away from fishing.
This!
Old 12-24-2017, 08:33 AM

Maybe so but the item he is asking about is $379 ay most retailers and the mopod is truly half of other retailers so I would suggest a good deal. If it were at their regular price on sale I would call them on it but it is truly a decent price. Probably not going to be much better anywhere boxing day from my experience.

QUOTE=Egymcara;3694674]What nobody ever says about Cabelas in general is- they are a complete rip off on most items and continue to bend Canadian consumers over backwards. The only benefit to this store is being able to get certain items actually in Canada because no other retailers even think to stock the actual good fishing items/lures. I love paying double the price for items when our dollar is only 20-25 cents different then the US dollar. Cabelas being owned by Bass Pro should actually drive the cost down even further but instead they raise it up even more. This Company should be ashamed and if I didn't need certain items I would never buy anything from them. I can give you examples of 10 different items I've bought over the last 5 years where the actual cost has gone up by the hundreds for no reason at all. #my2cents![/QUOTE]