Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 10-23-2014, 03:23 PM

Default Draw Length

Hey guys. I'm a new sprouting archer. I'm finally getting into it and I'm so pumped. But i have a list of questions a mile long. So i hope yall don't mind if I take it a thread at a time.

I'm curious of draw lengths. I've been reading a couple articles on it and i know that it's all estimate.

So for instance i measure out to be about 28" but 29" is comfortable for me. My first knuckle anchors behind my ear. Tip of my nose touching the string.

Is this common to be longer than what you actually measure out to be?

Thanks
Old 10-23-2014, 03:28 PM

Take your wingspan divided by 2.5 to get what should be a good draw length
Old 10-23-2014, 03:48 PM

Wingspan is also an estimate...NO two shooters are alike we are all built different...
If draw is too long or short...when your draw lentgh is adjusted/right you will know it...it is so comfortable...compared...

Best is to go into a PRO shop is have it checked...knukles behind ear etc really has no bearing that is just an release strap adjustment ...

Neil
Old 10-24-2014, 07:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.O.S.T.Arrow View Post
Wingspan is also an estimate...NO two shooters are alike we are all built different...
If draw is too long or short...when your draw lentgh is adjusted/right you will know it...it is so comfortable...compared...

Best is to go into a PRO shop is have it checked...knukles behind ear etc really has no bearing that is just an release strap adjustment ...

Neil
last year I was using a bow that drew back to my ear and aiming was pitifull. Never felt comfortable. This year got a proper bow where at full draw kisser button to corner of mouth. Huge difference. Take the time to get the proper draw length for yourself.
Old 10-24-2014, 10:57 PM

Thanks guys. So if i were to change the draw length of my mathews drenalin, do i need to replace both cams? Or just the one.
Old 10-27-2014, 10:49 AM

I was measured at 29 but 29.5 is way more comfortable for me.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofDixie View Post
Thanks guys. So if i were to change the draw length of my mathews drenalin, do i need to replace both cams? Or just the one.
The Dren is an all time favorite...it is a Solo cam so there is only one cam to change...the top is an wheel which is called An idler wheel...regardless of changes it never has to be changed unless damaged or bad bearings...

Mathews being draw specific will require just changing out the bottom cam...many PRO shops will still cams and price for cam varys from $50.00 - $75.00 range...

Neil