Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 01:42 PM

Default Spal

Just a heads up to anyone who might have a bow in the shop or have anything ordered from them you will wany to go soon and see if you can get your equipment while you might still have the opportunity.

I wont say anything else as it is not my place just a public service announcment to the AO community
Old 10-27-2014, 03:03 PM

Im shocked it took this long... some people understand buisness and some have zero clue what it takes..
Old 10-27-2014, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrushoutdoors View Post
Im shocked it took this long... some people understand buisness and some have zero clue what it takes..
X2
Old 10-27-2014, 03:38 PM

Maybe for those who dont know who SPAL is....

Old 10-27-2014, 04:50 PM
Banned

Default Spal

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrushoutdoors View Post
Good riddance! Later Dallas, biggest delta bravo I've ever met dealing with any hunting related store. Sherwood Park Archey Lanes for those who don't know. Next up will be TrophyBook unless some prices and attitudes change a bit, just my opinion. Bring on JimBows north, there will be no shortage of customers flocking to their doors, great guys and service. Cheers
Old 10-27-2014, 06:21 PM

I have not really shot archery in much of a decade so I do not have personal experience to report, but from others I hunt with they do not have a bunch of good to say about that store.
Old 10-27-2014, 09:30 PM

Someone pulled out the last all of the stock today so dont hold your breath if you are waiting on anything. I hope no customers got the wrong end of this deal.

My personal feeling aside a shame that a long standing business was ruined by currents owners. Too bad someone could not of taken it over and ran it properly.
Old 10-28-2014, 07:38 AM
Banned

Ahhh...I see all the armchair business owners are out in force.
Been dealing there for 5 years...I always received good service and NEVER saw the made up stuff you guys claim. And we were there nearly every week.
At least Dallas doesn't have to put up with this B.S. anymore.
Old 10-28-2014, 08:26 AM
Banned

Default Spal

15 posts and you use one to defend this place, nice work. I guess everyone is making all this up, that makes sense. Yes, I'm sure delta bravo Dallas is very relieved to have run the place into the ground and gone out of business, but at least he doesn't have to deal with the paying customers anymore right? Sounds great. Armchair business owners hey, pretty simple in a service industry unless your lease is ridiculous, have good service and keep customers happy you stay in business. Ignore what the customers are saying and act like a DB, then the doors they are a closin'. What did I miss? Cheers
Old 10-28-2014, 10:54 AM

Default Trophy Book

Who is that tall red head biatch in sales at Trophy? Nasty **** going on in her brain!

Angry customer service, haven't been back since

Being defeated is optional!
Old 10-28-2014, 11:08 AM

Its too bad SPAL is going bye, bye. I have been going to that store for the last 20+ years and have seen three different owners 2 good, one bad. Oh well. Perhaps there will be something better down the road in Sherwood Park.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
Ahhh...I see all the armchair business owners are out in force.
Been dealing there for 5 years...I always received good service and NEVER saw the made up stuff you guys claim. And we were there nearly every week.
At least Dallas doesn't have to put up with this B.S. anymore.
Hi Dallas, congrats on your retirement.
Old 10-28-2014, 12:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBE2 View Post
15 posts and you use one to defend this place, nice work. I guess everyone is making all this up, that makes sense. Yes, I'm sure delta bravo Dallas is very relieved to have run the place into the ground and gone out of business, but at least he doesn't have to deal with the paying customers anymore right? Sounds great. Armchair business owners hey, pretty simple in a service industry unless your lease is ridiculous, have good service and keep customers happy you stay in business. Ignore what the customers are saying and act like a DB, then the doors they are a closin'. What did I miss? Cheers
I think you should look into those other 14 posts, I think there will be a common theme.
Old 10-28-2014, 12:06 PM

Default C'mon man....

Arm chair business owners or not Bud, they are not crazy. I'm a partner in 3 businesses so rest easy, I'm not what you have stated we are as a whole. I had dealt there over 3 times what you have in time frame. When SPAL changed hands it was not bad off the get go, but quickly went down hill. It did not take any great deal of education or life experience to see why either. Doug was one of the fellows in the shop with Dallas after the sale. I went so far as to let him hunt moose on my place for a season. The only reason I state this is to show I was unbiased after the business changed hands. My opinions, as well as others stated on this forum are theirs to express as are yours. If you had great service, consider yourself fortunate. Most of us were not so lucky.

Do I feel sorry for someone who is losing their business? Yes.

Do I feel sorry for someone who ruined their own business? Absolutely not.

I call a spade a spade. I'm sure many would like to call this particular spade much worse. Anyway....... Back to the armchair I go.
Old 10-28-2014, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBE2 View Post
I've been a member on this forum a while now and I agree with him. I have had nothing but great service the past 8 years. 2 years ago I bought my brother a brand new bowtech and he ended up dry firing it like I told him not to. I brought it to Dallas and he replaced it for me with no problem at all. He knows his stuff and while I went here I never seen him treat anyone bad. I've seen customers leave angry because he couldn't work on someones bow at the drop of a hat. He had a one man operation and with the amount of people that went there he was constantly busy. I haven't been there in over a year do to the fact that I don't live near there anymore. So I don't know if it got bad over the last year or what. I do agree with the armchair business men comment. A lot of people can talk badly about someone siting in front of a computer. Then in the real world most of you would try and be buddy buddy with them.
Old 10-28-2014, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhunter12 View Post
I've been a member on this forum a while now and I agree with him. I have had nothing but great service the past 8 years. 2 years ago I bought my brother a brand new bowtech and he ended up dry firing it like I told him not to. I brought it to Dallas and he replaced it for me with no problem at all. He knows his stuff and while I went here I never seen him treat anyone bad. I've seen customers leave angry because he couldn't work on someones bow at the drop of a hat. He had a one man operation and with the amount of people that went there he was constantly busy. I haven't been there in over a year do to the fact that I don't live near there anymore. So I don't know if it got bad over the last year or what. I do agree with the armchair business men comment. A lot of people can talk badly about someone siting in front of a computer. Then in the real world most of you would try and be buddy buddy with them.
Sorry BUD your comments are I believe BS as dallas was never a Bowtech dealer as far as I know and he talked crap about them at every opportunity so he would not have had the capability to replace a dry fired Bowtech bow.

Dallas a poor business man who wrecked a long standing sucessful business in a time that bowhunting and Archery has never been more popular. His attitute and his financial managment was horrible and lost every supplier he has ever had and could not get credit to by a pack of gum because he did not pay his bills. Finally the bank came and had enough. Like Lane said earlier I am only shocked it took this long.
Old 10-28-2014, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond k View Post
Sorry BUD your comments are I believe BS as dallas was never a Bowtech dealer as far as I know and he talked crap about them at every opportunity so he would not have had the capability to replace a dry fired Bowtech bow.

Dallas a poor business man who wrecked a long standing sucessful business in a time that bowhunting and Archery has never been more popular. His attitute and his financial managment was horrible and lost every supplier he has ever had and could not get credit to by a pack of gum because he did not pay his bills. Finally the bank came and had enough. Like Lane said earlier I am only shocked it took this long.
Agree with what you've said, but in regards to Bowtech they were a dealer for a year or two anyway. My last Bowtech was purchased there. Can't remember the exact time frame but that was like 3 or 4 bows ago if that helps. Lol... Best guess would be around 2005 or 2006 sort of thing.
Old 10-28-2014, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
Agree with what you've said, but in regards to Bowtech they were a dealer for a year or two anyway. My last Bowtech was purchased there. Can't remember the exact time frame but that was like 3 or 4 bows ago if that helps. Lol... Best guess would be around 2005 or 2006 sort of thing.
2008, I shot a few bowtech bows there, before going elsewhere to buy my dxt. Last time I was in that place. Nuff said.
Old 10-28-2014, 03:26 PM

Quote:

Your a tool buddy. He was infact a bowtech dealer. You should do your research before you open your mouth. The bow I bought my brother was a Diamond which is made by bowtech. I've shot bowtechs there myself. Learn your facts before you start bashing. I can already see by your posts what type of guy you are. I wouldn't want to deal with you either. Take a hike and quit making **** up.

You must know Dallas quite well I'm taking it, to know all this stuff about his business and all. Grow up or shut up. Admins can block me for saying this to you all they want. That's a mans well being and how he is supporting his family so drop it with the bad comments.
Old 10-28-2014, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Your a tool buddy. He was infact a bowtech dealer. You should do your research before you open your mouth. The bow I bought my brother was a Diamond which is made by bowtech. I've shot bowtechs there myself. Learn your facts before you start bashing. I can already see by your posts what type of guy you are. I wouldn't want to deal with you either. Take a hike and quit making **** up.

You must know Dallas quite well I'm taking it, to know all this stuff about his business and all. Grow up or shut up. Admins can block me for saying this to you all they want. That's a mans well being and how he is supporting his family so drop it with the bad comments.
I know more about Dallas and his business than I ever cared too. That is fine though he can go back to his rent a cop job and the bowhunting faternity is much better off without him. As far as the type of guy I am: I pay my bills, act with honesty and integrity and treat my customers and family with respect. Maybe that is why I am still in business. As a matter of fact I own 2 business that are successful under that premise. probably a lesson that Dallas should have learned.
The only one I feel bad for is his Dad as he will be suffering the consequences of financing this debacle for as long as he did.
Old 10-28-2014, 06:23 PM

Quote:
I know more about Dallas and his business than I ever cared too. That is fine though he can go back to his rent a cop job and the bowhunting faternity is much better off without him. As far as the type of guy I am: I pay my bills, act with honesty and integrity and treat my customers and family with respect. Maybe that is why I am still in business. As a matter of fact I own 2 business that are successful under that premise. probably a lesson that Dallas should have learned.
The only one I feel bad for is his Dad as he will be suffering the consequences of financing this debacle for as long as he did.
Judging your comments above you seem like an inconsiderate, selfish, slimy business man. Whether you know Dallas's situation or not. This is not the place to be telling the public about his bills and credit. Grow up. He's got a family. How would you like it if I went around on a forum website and said 'diamond k can't afford to pay his bills his credit is terrible blah blah blah'. Put yourself in his shoes, you don't know what goes on in his outside life in the shop. You don't know what bills he has to pay outside of the shop. And if you do keep it to yourself it's no one else's business knowing that. I don't own a business but I am a customer to different hunting and fishing shops and I have to say you knocking down SPAL every chance you get shows great businessmanship. Let me know what shop or business you own so I can never go there again. You came onto an online public forum just to bash another business. You knew people would toss in their opinions and maybe you were looking for people to agree so you could feel better about yourself. Maybe you get enjoyment knocking down other people to make you feel more important. You own a business so you must be a grown man. Act like it and keep your negative comments to yourself.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:53 PM

Any comments I made were about the business and how it was run. I made no comments on a personal level ( except for the rent a cop comment that was possibly out of line) for exactly the reason you pointed out.

With that my last comment will be " you lye in the bed that you make" and that truer words have never been about anyone.

Between Lawrence, Neil and Jimbows I have all the shops I need in Edmonton.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Any comments I made were about the business and how it was run. I made no comments on a personal level ( except for the rent a cop comment that was possibly out of line) for exactly the reason you pointed out.

With that my last comment will be " you lye in the bed that you make" and that truer words have never been about anyone.

Between Lawrence, Neil and Jimbows I have all the shops I need in Edmonton.
Ha like you just said you 'lie* in the bed you make' and you did in fact make multiple comments on a personal level. Anything to do financially is personal not supposed to be opened to the public. You are a coward who sits behind his computer trying to act tough and talk down on other people. Im sure all three of those shop owners would like to know who you really were so they could watch their back around you. I'd rather be a mall cop than a coward like you
Old 10-28-2014, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Ha like you just said you 'lie* in the bed you make' and you did in fact make multiple comments on a personal level. Anything to do financially is personal not supposed to be opened to the public. You are a coward who sits behind his computer trying to act tough and talk down on other people. Im sure all three of those shop owners would like to know who you really were so they could watch their back around you. I'd rather be a mall cop than a coward like you
I have no more to say to you other after my response to your so eliquantly written Pm.

My point was made. Move on I know I am.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:27 PM

Quote:
I have no more to say to you other after my response to your so eliquantly written Pm.

My point was made. Move on I know I am.
Coward
Closed Thread