Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-19-2008, 11:57 PM

Default Underwater Camera

Camera from Cabelas.ca showed up last night. Delivered to my door by UPS for $180 inc. tax. 7 inch monitor, IR lights and a sony cam. Thought I would share this as I dont think there is a better deal out there right now.
Cheers!
Old 12-20-2008, 05:43 AM

Default Marcum 380???

Sure sounds like the Marcum 380. Are the LEDs set above the camera like the Marcum? A good unit if it is.

Drewski
Old 12-20-2008, 10:03 AM
Banned

Sounds like a good price, but do not use UPS. They will rape you on brokerage fees. Send it US Postal Service. May take a little longer but will save you in the long run. Before Cabelas sends it to you' get them to mark on the box that it is used or a gift.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renslip View Post
Sounds like a good price, but do not use UPS. They will rape you on brokerage fees. Send it US Postal Service. May take a little longer but will save you in the long run. Before Cabelas sends it to you' get them to mark on the box that it is used or a gift.
It was ordered throught Cabelas.ca so there was no brokerage fees. Thanks for the tip to use US Post because I've been burned before on brokerage fees before. The IR surrounds the cam. I would almost guarentee this is a Marcum made cam.
Old 12-21-2008, 08:05 AM

I just got this camera too (about three weeks ago). It's a rebadged Marcum VS 350. I've had it out once and it works great. Just make sure you have some way of controlling depth and direction. I bought the marcum compass but forgot it at home. Adjusting the depth and keeping it pointed where I wanted it was very difficult without it. Have fun let us know how you like it.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:03 AM

Hey Guys............What is the make/model of this camera. I checked in Cabela's & am not sure which you are refering to. The price seems reasonable. Hope it works to your expectations.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:07 PM

It is the Cabelas Advanced Anglers brand "Big Screen Underwater Camera". The one with the 7 inch monitor. Check out cabelas.com for reviews, if you decide to get it make sure you go to Cabelas.ca it is way cheaper and no duties or brokerage fees to pay.