Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-21-2008, 08:07 PM

Default Any info on EAGLE Lake by Strathmore?

Hello all, just wondering if any one has any information to share about Eagle Lake by Strathmore? Went out there today, ice was 9-10", no fish. Fished on the west side by the Nursery. Any info would be great.
Old 12-21-2008, 08:21 PM

i have fished several areas around the lake with getting fish everywhere i try but not every time i go. not a bad place to get some action. just be careful of the the preassure crack that is usually near the upper end. have yet to go this year.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:28 AM

I was thinking about giving it a try for some Perch. I dont think it gets much fishing pressure. I'll report back if it's any good.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:45 PM

Used to be not bad lake for pike a few years ago, but now if you like sitting on the ice with no action it is a great place to go. Fishing has gone down hill at this lake. If you can I would to pine lake, if close to the same distance. Just me 2 cents.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:12 AM

Default Pine Lake where is it...??

I musnt know where Pine Lake is ... TT are you saying Pine is as far as Eagle from Calgary ... ?

Thanks W101
Old 12-23-2008, 09:54 AM

No eagle is a little over a half hour to drive there. Pine is a little over an hour but worth the drive because fishing at Eagle absolutely sucks and Pine is pretty decent in the winter.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:58 PM

Thanks guys thats some good information. I was on Eagle Lake a couple of years ago doing some sampling for work with gill nets. I was pretty suprised when i pulled my nets and had 18 walleyes and almost twice the pike. The walleyes ranged from 2-4 lbs. I remember setting my nets in the middle of the lake. I just thought this year i should punch a couple of holes there.. Any body have any luck with the walleyes here??