Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-01-2014, 05:45 AM

Default Parking fee at Wabaman

Could anyone please tell me how much is the parking this year at the boat launch in town. And does it only take loonies.

I do know its free at the prov. campgrounds ,its just hard to find a place to tie your boat to while you get your trailer as many campers tie up there boat all days there.
Should have a sign saying 1/2 hr parking.
Old 06-01-2014, 07:37 AM

In town it is 15 dollars, machine takes loonies I believe toonies and the odd credit card works in it.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:05 AM
Banned

thats an interesting point you raise john. i know that a lot of people who are camped for the weekend leave there boats tied up at the dock when not out on the lake. at provincial docks in B.C. when it is that busy people will tie up alongside another boat and cross other boat (or 2) to get on land. wonder how that would go over at wab. (esp. since those docks are mostly "angle parked")
is there some regulation about this? never noticed it when i got my boat operater liscence.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JR- View Post
Could anyone please tell me how much is the parking this year at the boat launch in town. And does it only take loonies.

I do know its free at the prov. campgrounds ,its just hard to find a place to tie your boat to while you get your trailer as many campers tie up there boat all days there.
Should have a sign saying 1/2 hr parking.
I have been know to leave my boat parked at the provincial campground dock for extended periods when I am camping for the weekend but have no issue as I am paying to camp.
Old 06-01-2014, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond k View Post
I have been know to leave my boat parked at the provincial campground dock for extended periods when I am camping for the weekend but have no issue as I am paying to camp.
Maybe Im stirring up a hornets next, but why don't you take you boat outta the water if your gone more then half an hour. Launching there blows cause its impossible to load your kids in the boat. Boats sit unattended for hours on Saturdays and Sundays.

Its also time more launches go into that lake and another dock.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond k View Post
Where would you be if ALL the overnight campers park their boats there also for a day or so.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:13 AM

Totally wrong to tie up boats at the deck for extended periods. I always run mine onto to the trailer and pull it up to the campsite. Takes 10 minutes. I will normally do this 2 times a day. Docks are for loading gear and family to get out on the water and to get in off the water.
Don't try that at Pigeon Prov. Park or some one will likely cut your boat ties.
Sorry but that's my rant.