Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 07-25-2018, 07:37 PM

Default Wolverine Archery, Red Deer

There was a thread earlier about Wolverine closing their archery shop located at the old Red Deer Archery Center. Well they haven't closed yet and if you are in the market for a new bow it would be worth the drive. Hoyt RX1 Carbon for $1500-1600 depending on characteristics. Hyperforce for approx $1000. Realm's at $1000. Saw an Xpedition Denali for under $1000 as well as an Explorer SS. There is some target bows and lots of entry level bows as well. I would estimate they still have 40-50 bows hanging on the racks. Arrows are also 25% off. GT Hunter Pro's fletched are going for $135. Everything seems to be at least 15% off. They are closing their doors on August 15th and taking the remaining inventory back to the main store. The gasoline alley location will still sell archery equipment, but there will be no tech service or lanes.
Old 07-25-2018, 08:07 PM

Yes, they had alot of bows and tack at the archery lanes this winter, I'm hoping another lane opens this winter, no big deal for me since we have expanded our ice fishing / Archery shed on Sylvan Lk.

We call it ice fishing/ archey practic,,, a little bit of everything thing,,, the quad with tracks will be used this winter.

It was nice shooting Trad indoors with out having to wear the winter suit. The staff was awesome,,, 1 or 2 of them hopefully end up at the main shop.

The Junior archey kids will need a place, there was a few of them coming to the lanes after school and weekends.
They held a few shots last year as well.
Old 07-25-2018, 09:31 PM

The lanes are staying open...just the pro shop is closing.

LC
Old 07-25-2018, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
The lanes are staying open...just the pro shop is closing.

LC
Do you mean the lane at the "Red Deer Archery Center" location? Because according to the staff at the main location on gasoline alley, their lanes are not re-opening once the archery products come back.
Old 07-25-2018, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
Do you mean the lane at the "Red Deer Archery Center" location? Because according to the staff at the main location on gasoline alley, their lanes are not re-opening once the archery products come back.
Yes the current lanes are staying open as far as I know as they are run by CAAA.

LC
Old 08-16-2018, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Yes the current lanes are staying open as far as I know as they are run by CAAA.

LC
Awesome news. I would like somewhere to shoot in the winter that isn’t 45 mins away.