Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2023, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewerrat View Post
For the amount that people spend on generators like the Yamaha or Honda , spend that money on solar panels inverter and good batteries.

We go camping to get away from noisy neighbors and their lawnmowers , weed eaters and leaf blowers .
Listening to noisy genies is not my ideal camping trip, in fact it’s a bit selfish of you running a generator, that tells me you only think about you and no one else.
Yes I do agree with you on the good batteries/solar panels equipment, seems the way to go nowadays. When I got this new to me motorhome the genny was with it all hard wired in, unlike the portable ones you put outside aways from camper and run a extension cord to. Just thought I'd ask the question.

What I do know is that your mighty hasty in judging me based on that one question I posted. You have no idea who I am or know anything about me, nor I you. So with that said are you trying to state that anyone that runs a genny only thinks about them self and no one else? There was no mention of lawnmowers etc, that's all on you.

Tommy
Old 06-08-2023, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
Yes I do agree with you on the good batteries/solar panels equipment, seems the way to go nowadays. When I got this new to me motorhome the genny was with it all hard wired in, unlike the portable ones you put outside aways from camper and run a extension cord to. Just thought I'd ask the question.

What I do know is that your mighty hasty in judging me based on that one question I posted. You have no idea who I am or know anything about me, nor I you. So with that said are you trying to state that anyone that runs a genny only thinks about them self and no one else? There was no mention of lawnmowers etc, that's all on you.

Tommy
Don't take it too personally. Half of this forum are grouchy old men who need an outlet because their wives and friends tuned them out long ago.

I think this thread just made for a fun time complaining about generators and how little regard some folks have for others. Sometimes coming back from camping feels like you just had a front row seat to the "who can be the most inconsiderate A hole?" competition.
Old 06-08-2023, 11:23 PM

Thanks Jstubbs,
For a moment there I thought I kicked up a hornets nest. It certainly wasn't my intention to bring back past traumatic experiences some on here must of had with noisy generators. Lol

Tommy
Closed Thread