Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2022, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positrac View Post
Don't take it too personally.

Every year when draws come out there is a rash of these types of threads for a few weeks, usually started by first-time posters or members who only post a few times a year. They usually get a different response than the same ones posted by members who contribute to the forum regularly.

I look at it this way, if I asked a fellow Elk hunter and buddy who I had spent some time forming a relationship with where I could go to have a half-decent Elk hunt I'd expect to get a different response than if I walked up to a complete stranger at a Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation function and asked the same question.

So, a guy can get offended by the responses, pack up his toys and say screw those a-holes on AO and leave, or, start contributing to the forum, build some relationships, post up some stories with pictures and be an active part of the community. I chose the latter 9 years ago and I can't say I've never regretted it. I've also started similar threads and had mostly positive responses.

Its like anything; you only get out what you are willing to put in.

Good luck on your Elk hunt. I hope you have a good one and connect with brute. Cheers.
Thanks for saying that. You did it better than me
Old 06-24-2022, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
He just called me a very bad name in a text. Like really bad.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Excellent. Was worried I might be the only one who did that.
Old 06-24-2022, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
Excellent. Was worried I might be the only one who did that.
Thankfully, I have a few guys like you to remind me how much of a dipsht I really am.
Old 06-24-2022, 03:05 PM

Fun zone for sure, had my elk and antelope draws down there last year. Landowners were great for antelope but things tighten up with elk and mule deer.
Make sure you have permission in place, the elk are there in pockets like any of those southern/eastern zones but they do get pushed around quite a bit once the shots start ringing.

Like you mentioned spend the time down there this summer try and get an idea of where they are and then ensure you’ll be able to get permission before committing

Good luck!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg D4922AC9-F719-4241-8CD3-B4F8AFD39B28.jpg (37.1 KB, 116 views)
Old 06-24-2022, 04:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Thankfully, I have a few guys like you to remind me how much of a dipsht I really am.
hahhahahhaha
Old 06-24-2022, 05:55 PM

Quote:

You're 1/2 the dipsht I am.

That scares me.
Old 06-25-2022, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positrac View Post
Sorry, let me rephrase that. The last one before the one today was over a year ago so we may be waiting a while for clarification on which WMU’s he’s looking for info on…

But, 2020 was a big year for him with 4 posts in total so you never know…
Seriously! You are judging people on this Forum by the amount of posts they have. FFS, sorry I did not clarify sooner. Some of us have a life and don't spend all our time on the computer. I spend a fair amount of time on this Forum enjoying all the categories and discussions and if I have something to say I will. All my draws are priority only this year so dont worry about me trying to impose on you folks that think I will ruin your hunt. ADMINISTRATOR, please delete this whole BS post.
Old 06-25-2022, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wharde View Post
Seriously! You are judging people on this Forum by the amount of posts they have. FFS, sorry I did not clarify sooner. Some of us have a life and don't spend all our time on the computer. I spend a fair amount of time on this Forum enjoying all the categories and discussions and if I have something to say I will. All my draws are priority only this year so dont worry about me trying to impose on you folks that think I will ruin your hunt. ADMINISTRATOR, please delete this whole BS post.
For some reason “some guys” on here feel the need to post their 2 cents on EVERY thread created on AO. I’ll let you decide who those members are. I think this forum needs an hours counter not a post counter…
Old 06-25-2022, 10:24 AM

I hunt/trap the area every year an yes they do have elk but very few if I spend ten days trapping a huge area I may see elk one or two times. Ten years ago there was more but now it’s very sparse.
Old 06-25-2022, 10:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Why are you having a hissy fit?
You made the typical last minute before draws close post?
There is a sticky post higher up that is specifically about why asking for hunting spots is not good etiquette
Old 06-25-2022, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky_mark View Post
Why are you having a hissy fit?
You made the typical last minute before draws close post?
There is a sticky post higher up that is specifically about why asking for hunting spots is not good etiquette
Post count… +1.

Who decided it was bad etiquette to ask for help on hunting and outdoors related topics on a hunting & outdoors forum? You? Lol!
You obviously don’t have a clue about the zone or your not willing to share so move on. It’s really that simple.
Old 06-25-2022, 11:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver lab View Post
Post count… +1.

Who decided it was bad etiquette to ask for help on hunting and outdoors related topics on a hunting & outdoors forum? You? Lol!
You obviously don’t have a clue about the zone or your not willing to share so move on. It’s really that simple.
3rd thread from the very top in the hunting section
Check it out
Not made by me
Old 06-25-2022, 11:34 AM
Banned

Old 06-25-2022, 11:38 AM

Quote:
I tried to lay out very simply why you’re seeing some of the responses you are not just for your own sake but for others who like yourself only come on here asking for help in getting an animal and don’t really participate in the forum. It doesn’t take tens of thousands of posts to get there either by the way. Apparently it went right over your head. Hopefully others get something out of it.

I really shouldn’t be surprised. We live in the entitlement era. A lot of people have that entitlement expectation but give nothing in return. I guess the only surprise is that when it comes to entitlement it is more often seen in the younger generation and not in someone who is 67 and should have figured out by now you only get out of life what you are willing to put in.

Good luck on getting your 999 draw. That’s Elkhunter11’s favourite zone…
Old 06-25-2022, 11:41 AM

Give a little, get a little ! Two way street. If you put 0 $ into an investment then you shouldn't expect 1 mil$.
Old 06-26-2022, 06:54 PM

Default Lol!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver lab View Post
For some reason “some guys” on here feel the need to post their 2 cents on EVERY thread created on AO. I’ll let you decide who those members are. I think this forum needs an hours counter not a post counter…
Heh

Yee ole pot callin the kettle black!

Your simply grandstanding and trying to ..’ holier than thou’ guys you dislike….

Nice pounce…. Lots of us here know better. You post history is proof of such.
The day you help someone here…. Is the day I wear a Flames jersey

Mr. OP…….

Lots of diverse guys here sayin the same thing….

This board has been around long enough to see ‘great spots’ turn into ‘not great spots’ when they get talked about here:

Cross Lake perches……

Sylvan and Gull are suffering from over white fishing

305…… good luck grabbing a bruiser mulie…. (Was posted here THEN the mag wrote about it)….. friggin super zoo now.

Yee ole Saddle hills….

OP.. being 67 and not posting much… your expecting info sharing like it could be in a coffee shop or a campfire….but…
That coffee shop is mic’d up to a Rolling Stones concert mic and you got bout 5000+ people listening in.

Great spots cease to be.

Best try a PM….. I figure you’d know this….but really.. you can easily figure out the folks who might know… pm them and 95% of folks will be civil and prolly help out.

This is an old old hashed out topic.

Silver Lab even knows this, but he can’t pass up a cheap shot with his left whilst patting himself on the back w/his right….

Least that may be wut he’s doin with the other hand…
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 06-26-2022, 06:57 PM

Bahahahaha…!
Old 06-26-2022, 06:57 PM
AO Sponsor

And with that fully thorough final post from Uncle Bessie, I think this thread can die properly...
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Closed Thread