Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 06-21-2022, 10:10 PM

This just came out by the Sun's Brian Lilley. "Prime Minister Justin Trudeau used the mass shooting in Nova Scotia to advance his political goals, and interfered in an active police investigation to do it."

A link to the actual report is in the article.

https://calgarysun.com/opinion/colum...ng-says-report

Ian Runkle dives into this on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4JoxrUurSw

Wow. Just wow. A level of cynicism by the Prime Minister and his coterie that is truly shocking. And disgusting. Going to stop before I get banned.
Old 06-21-2022, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranq78 View Post
This just came out by the Sun's Brian Lilley. "Prime Minister Justin Trudeau used the mass shooting in Nova Scotia to advance his political goals, and interfered in an active police investigation to do it."

A link to the actual report is in the article.

https://calgarysun.com/opinion/colum...ng-says-report

Ian Runkle dives into this on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4JoxrUurSw

Wow. Just wow. A level of cynicism by the Prime Minister and his coterie that is truly shocking. And disgusting. Going to stop before I get banned.
The Turd also did the same thing after the shooting in Texas with the handgun freeze and I am sure more to come restrictions., It's not a coincidence he did it when he did but the US is a different country with very different laws. We already have very strict firearm regulations in the country and how the guy in Texas obtained a firearm wouldn't be possible in this country. He knows this but is using a tragedy in another country with different laws to push his own political agenda here. The problem is there are enough gullible people in this country that are clueless and buy the crap he is spewing.
Old 06-22-2022, 02:31 PM

It's definitely bad. The social engineering aspect of this is downright dirty.

Was speaking with my son today after doing his social final he was fuming about some of the questions, which were basically painting conservatives and firearms enthusiasts as ignorant.

And that is a Provincial exam, not federal...
Old 06-22-2022, 02:53 PM

Anyone see Joe Rogan showing his love for Lil' Castro? lol
Trudope supporters/voters are definitely dragging down our national IQ average....significantly
Old 06-23-2022, 12:01 AM

CCFR podcast, about the RCMP/Lucki/Blair affair;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGkxVXZphaQ
Old 07-20-2022, 03:06 PM

Pretty good picture of what is going on now for the retailers;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVhWu7C63lg
Old 07-25-2022, 02:42 PM
Banned

Arrow

Regarding the RCMP Commissioner and her behavior, she, Blair, Campbell and others testified this morning in front of the Public Safety Committee. It was a very interesting exchange, and is now leading to another hearing. Due to his direct involvement, Conservative Members of the Committee requested Minister Lametti be forced to testify. Of course the lieberal members resisted that in furious form, but did accept his senior staff be brought in to testify. The next one should be as interesting as this one was:

https://parlvu.parl.gc.ca/Harmony/en...20721/-1/37451

No matter how you slice it, the Commissioner is obviously guilty. Which means the lieberals most likely are as well.

Sad
Old 07-25-2022, 06:34 PM

The sad part is that there are unlikely to be any consequences for any of the parties involved. Nothing to see here folks, move along.
Old 07-25-2022, 07:58 PM

Seriously. I watched it until the end of the video I am very sure that you "Canadian" will spend 5 minutes of your time just to browse on it. Honestly, would I care?. I will just whine cause nothing will be done anyways. It's becoming more of a 3rd World politics which everybody here would laugh at. Well, you are getting there? Honestly
Old 07-28-2022, 01:50 PM

Do not list the guns you may have on this, but, they are asking for input on it;

https://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/cnt/c...9nXBFKqodSnsLw
Old 07-28-2022, 04:52 PM

I watched their testimony

If we were in the school yard someone would be calling the fire department about the state of Blair's and Lucki's pants.
Sadly, their behaviour is pretty much standard operating procedure.

Harper was no saint when it came to transparency, but these guys have reached a new low - they don't even bother pretending that what comes out their mouths is even remotely connected to the truth.
Old 07-28-2022, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctd View Post
On the first day this law is in place. Everyone needs to call in and "sell" all their firearms to different people.
The next day those people need to sell those fireams back.
After a week of this they will get the point.
Luv this idea !
Old 07-29-2022, 04:43 AM

I'd say the handgun sales have done that volume number on them already, they can't handle the volume created by that, and appear to have no intention of handling it properly, such as even trying to process things in a "timely" manner thru Miramichi, or getting the CFO's the help to procerss them. What interests me is background checks being mentioned by the AB CFO lately, and a problem with the timeframe to process those. Once the handguns are settled by the legislation in the fall, I expect processing PAL's and RPAL's ( if RPAL's exist after the legislation ) will be the next big problem in the system.
Old 07-29-2022, 07:03 PM

Runkle didn't waste any time getting his opinion out on the buyback "proposal".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StX3qMW4RYE
Old 07-29-2022, 08:11 PM

All the so called gunnies on this and other forums, who vote for the NDP or the Liberals and dare I say the Greens? Really do need to hang their heads in collective shame. And yes you know who you are.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 08-01-2022, 08:01 PM

Default A thought

Why have we been given so much time before the finalization of restricted transfers?

As most people have gone out and made a protest purchase, that would mean that the importers and stores would have very little stock left at the end.
These establishments would not feel a need to have an issue as they have with the prohibited fiasco therefore negating a need for expensive lawyers who would then drag it out over a long period of time.

Jason
Old 08-05-2022, 12:18 PM

So, how many million will this add to the cost of the buyback? I can hardly wait to see what these clowns come up with, probably worth investigating who owns whoever gets the contract too;

https://thereload.com/canadian-gover...1p-7BmO-EtRKgY
Old 08-05-2022, 01:08 PM

Ottawa hs finally implemented a ban on handgun imports as of Aug 19th, so, what's in country is all that there will be, other than what gets in between now and then.

https://www.reuters.com/world/americ...FbEcLBSUxPYjJY
Old 09-01-2022, 10:52 AM

Anyone who takes a handgun to the US, or was thinking of bring one home that was kept down there needs to be aware of this, you do now need an import certificate to bring it back to Canada;

Information on obtaining an import permit is available at the following website:
1. GAC Notice to Importers No. 1090:
https://www.international.gc.ca/.../...s.../1090.aspx...
2. Step by step Description of applying for an Import Permit for Firearms, Related Goods and Ammunition:
https://www.international.gc.ca/.../...-licences.aspx...
3. Application Form for Import Permit:
http://www.international.gc.ca/.../d...ts/EXT1466.pdf
4. If required by the exporting country, the prospective importers must also apply for an International Import Certificate, in addition to the import permit. Step by Step Description of applying for the International Import Certificate:
https://www.international.gc.ca/.../...impor/IIC.aspx...
Specific questions on the process and forms can be addressed to GAC’s Export Controls Operations Division at 343-203-4331 and by email at TIE-Firearms.Armes-a-feu@international.gc.ca
Old 09-01-2022, 09:11 PM
Gone Hunting

So Trudeau has again made a large group of gun owners crimminals with yet another of his gun control laws. Or is it OIC. Does it matter?

I wonder, which is better, being made a criminal for not participating in the first round of gun control laws or being made a criminal after having done everything that was asked of you?

Seems to me that the smart ones never got a PAL or POL or whatever and never registered any guns.

One thing I do know, when the Liberals get to where they are going, they'll know exactly where to look for all the guns they are going to confiscate.

Anyone who thinks the old information from the origenal gun control effort is gone, is dilusional. There can be no doubt, ever letterm, comman and period is still on record somewhere and in the hands of a Liberal or Liberal supporter.

This government and the Liberal government before them did nothing but lie every time they opened their mouths.
Why would any inteligent person believe them when they say they got rid of the old registry information.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 09-05-2022, 11:23 PM

CSAAA on the issues with sales, transfers, and the faults in the CFP system, not that the Libs really give a damn or have any intention of fixing them, they'll just pay lip service to it until such time as they can get C21 passed;

https://www.csaaa.org/2022/09/05/aug...eVo02xsG5I_C_Y
Old 09-06-2022, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
So Trudeau has again made a large group of gun owners crimminals with yet another of his gun control laws. Or is it OIC. Does it matter?

I wonder, which is better, being made a criminal for not participating in the first round of gun control laws or being made a criminal after having done everything that was asked of you?

Seems to me that the smart ones never got a PAL or POL or whatever and never registered any guns.

One thing I do know, when the Liberals get to where they are going, they'll know exactly where to look for all the guns they are going to confiscate.

Anyone who thinks the old information from the origenal gun control effort is gone, is dilusional. There can be no doubt, ever letterm, comman and period is still on record somewhere and in the hands of a Liberal or Liberal supporter.

This government and the Liberal government before them did nothing but lie every time they opened their mouths.
Why would any inteligent person believe them when they say they got rid of the old registry information.
100% agree Keg.
When future gun ban timelines from the government pass, the so called "destroyed" past registry information will suddenly surface and the RCMP(who kept a copy of the past registration) will be paying unannounced visits to people's homes.

Let's not forget as well that the RCMP played a large part in keeping the past registry information alive......
Old 09-08-2022, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7magtime View Post
100% agree Keg.
When future gun ban timelines from the government pass, the so called "destroyed" past registry information will suddenly surface and the RCMP(who kept a copy of the past registration) will be paying unannounced visits to people's homes.

Let's not forget as well that the RCMP played a large part in keeping the past registry information alive......
Legally the only registry the Fed Gov was suppose to keep was the Quebec one. All others were to be destroyed. So if they end up using the old registry that some one kept a copy of then the Federal court will be busier then they are now dealing with firearm complaints.
Old 09-09-2022, 04:48 PM

The non-restricted long gun registry was supposed to go, not anything that was classed as restricted or prohibited, that stayed, and will stay, no matter what they do about C71 and the OIC's. Even the Cons won't turf that one. There was never any mystery that the RCMP would not delete it or any other one they have available, legally or otherwise, anyone that dreamed they ever would is living in la-la land. And quebec gave them a perfect excuse, that all was on Charest, too.
Old 09-14-2022, 03:05 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Coalition For Gun Control Wants To Intervene, Court Says "No Thank You" -- A Lawyer Explains

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnpB8IvfJzM
Old 11-23-2022, 11:48 AM

I just don't have the words to describe how corrupted the Liberals/NDP and the processes they've undertaken in this committee are. You absolutely need to listen to it and try to comprehend it. My money says there will be no buyback.
Never thought this thread would really wind up where it is when I started it, didn't think the Libs could actually stoop to do this.

https://parlvu.parl.gc.ca/Harmony/en...21122/-1/38099
Old 11-23-2022, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32-40win View Post
I just don't have the words to describe how corrupted the Liberals/NDP and the processes they've undertaken in this committee are. You absolutely need to listen to it and try to comprehend it. My money says there will be no buyback.
Never thought this thread would really wind up where it is when I started it, didn't think the Libs could actually stoop to do this.

https://parlvu.parl.gc.ca/Harmony/en...21122/-1/38099
I’m speechless. These liberals have just confirmed what I always have believed. These have to be the stupidest bunch of morons I’ve ever come across.
Old 11-23-2022, 05:36 PM

No, not so stupid, very cunning actually, no respect for citizens or Parliament, or the courts. Watch Damoff in there, she is leading the Libs. She learned how to do it in C71 years ago. Blair and Mendicino flat out lying in the Emerg Act inquiry, and smiling about it. Use of section 39 anywhere they can, even against the Supreme court. They know Polievre can't say a hell of a lot about it and it'll look bad to swing voters, it appeals to anti gunners and anti hunting crowds. Getting it repealed in the Senate won't be possible with this Senate, til at least a second majority term for Cons, maybe, Libs/NDP can kill it in Senate. There are some serious and intricate dirty politics going on here, and we are the fodder for sacrifice. They are already blocking debate wherever they can in procedures, and ab****ely will limit debate once the whole thing is read in and the debate on amendments is allowed, and reject any corrections not in their favor, same as many bills they've put thru, committees/inquiries they have allowed to happen.
Old 11-24-2022, 08:51 PM

May as well put this in here, this is all a result of C71, even though it is now C21. These are the amendments they sideswiped everyone with on Nov 22/22

https://firearmrights.ca/wp-content/...1/the-list.pdf
Old 11-25-2022, 09:36 AM

Calibre mag has come up with some form letters that can be used if you like.
Point is, this time letters are absolutely necessary, they have to review each one. Need to send them to Bloc, NDP and Libs, ---MP's & Senators----and don't forget to remind Con MP's & Senators. This has to be stopped in the Senate, and it is loaded with Lib/NDP/Bloc, the "independents" vote Liberal every time so far, they are anything but independent.

https://calibremag.ca/bill-c-21-form...-form-letters/