Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 04-02-2022, 11:34 AM

Default Looking for one guy

I am a senior in good health looking for backcountry elk hunt partner; non drinker pref. I have a wall tent outfit with at least one of everything.

Due to loss of hunting partner I’d like to find another for safety reasons to finish out my hunting career. You must have a quad or sxs and your own tent for sleeping. If you are progressive, commie, woke millennial or vote NDP it won’t work out. Same goes for complainers and those who won’t pull their weight around camp.

Doesn’t matter much if you’re an old hand or a little green but you absolutely must be able to shoot straight. That is an ethical requirement for me.

You’d need to be able to commit 2 wks mid-September plus a couple scouting trips over the summer. I am near Red Deer. If interested send me a pm. I will answer.
Old 04-03-2022, 03:29 PM

Default Pm sent

Pm sent not your post
Old 04-19-2022, 03:10 PM

Default New to hunting -looking for mentor

Hi,

My partner and I are looking for a mentor that wants some company and would teach us how to hunt.

We both have license, some equipment and we are great cooks. We are based in Calgary .

Thanks for your attention.
Anna
Old 04-21-2022, 10:37 AM

Default New to Alberta looking for outdoorsy family friends and hunting buddies

Been hunting for many years before out to this beautiful province last summer with my wife and our 3 children.

Left my hunting buddies all behind in Ontario and don't feel comfortable in the backcountry alone.

In the Lethbridge Area but willing to Travel reasonable distance to meet, do scouting trips, hikes into the backcountry etc. I have most of the equipment for all these activities but haven't done a spring look through/ round up just yet. I own my business and work from home so can be pretty flexible when it comes to planning things.

I'm looking for a group or partner to hopefully hunt spring bear (starting 2023) and also Elk or Moose with. I have a camping trailer, quad and HD pickup that I would be willing to use for group hunting with respectful adults.

Being new to Alberta we don't know a lot of people and running my own business from home has made it hard for me to get out and meet others with similar interests. Hoping to find some down to earth people that we can just hangout with and maybe do some family camping trips in future.

Would really love to find a partner that would be interested in doing horseback hunts and camping trips in the future, I just got back into horsemanship after many years off, but ultimately this is goal with my children as they get older.
Old 05-07-2022, 05:56 PM

Default Hunting buddy in Calgary

Hi all

I'm looking for hunting friends in Calgary. I have only been hunting for 3 years, but I have hustle

I am 35, from England. I work as an electrician in Calgary, so mainly weekends

I am down for hunting anything as long as it is done ethically, morally and by the book. I do love a beer,but not while I'm hunting. Also, ego's need to be put away at the trailhead. I have no time for that nonsense

I predominantly rifle hunt, but have recently picked up a bow and am dialling in my shooting with it. I have also recently taken up fly fishing

My main hunting buddy has a lot of commitments this year and has left my high and dry. I'm currently trying for spring bear and would like to take a trio up to Swan hills in June

Pm me guys and girls.

Max
Old 05-28-2022, 10:18 AM

Default New in Lethbridge

Hello!

I've recently moved to Lethbridge from BC along with my wife and we are looking to get involved with the outdoor and hunting community here in Southern Alberta. We have been hunting for 6(me) and 3(her) years respectively with lots more to learn. We are hoping to find some people to hang out with and get to understand the different hunting here as we are both used to mountains and not so much the flats! I'm always excited to grab a drink & food and exchange stories and ideas!

CJ
Old 06-03-2022, 06:10 PM

Default Looking for hunting partner from edmonton, alberta this season

Hello, anybody loooking for hunting partner from edmonton, ab this season? Pls PM me.
Thanks.
mrAngel
Old 06-03-2022, 06:18 PM

Default looking for hunting partner this season? Message me. -MrAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiebertAndrewJ View Post
Hi everyone, my name is Andrew and I am a first time hunter looking for a partner that I can learn from to grow my ability as an ethical hunter. I have a compound bow I am using for hunting, all licensed for hunting with a bow and have game bird tags. I am in Fort McMurray but willing to travel to meet up with a partner. As well for the ability to hunt with a knowledgeable partner I am willing to split any game killed 50/50 with the individual. You can reach me through my email at hiebertandrewj@gmail.com. Thanks in advance and happy hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello,

are still looking for hunting partner ths season 2023?

send me a message.
Thanks
-mrAngel
Old 06-03-2022, 06:21 PM

Default still looking for hunting partner this 2023 hunting season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxxiD View Post
Hi all

I'm looking for hunting friends in Calgary. I have only been hunting for 3 years, but I have hustle

I am down for hunting anything as long as it is done ethically, morally and by the book. I do love a beer,but not while I'm hunting. Also, ego's need to be put away at the trailhead. I have no time for that nonsense

I predominantly rifle hunt, but have recently picked up a bow and am dialling in my shooting with it. I have also recently taken up fly fishing

My main hunting buddy has a lot of commitments this year and has left my high and dry. I'm currently trying for spring bear and would like to take a trio up to Swan hills in June

Pm me guys and girls.

Max
Hey Max,
i'm from Edmonton. If you are still looking for a hunting partner this season, please message me.

Thanks.
-mrAngel
Old 06-06-2022, 09:21 AM

I've been out hunting deer/ducks/bear for two seasons now and have been tent camping all my life

Looking to find someone to elk hunt with (bow or rifle, not picky and I'm a decent shot at both). I've got my diapragm calls down, just looking for someone to go and share the cost of the trip with. My schedule is very flexible.

I'd also be happy to not hunt and just help you pack in/out for the oppourtunity to pick your brain/observe if you're only looking for an extra hand. I'm in decent shape, have all the gear and and been a paramedic for >10 years so I won't be completely useless bother.

Cheers all.
Old 06-06-2022, 12:30 PM

where do you live?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-20-2022, 06:35 PM

Default Looking for New Hunting Partner

Looking for hunting partner from southern AB. I’ve been hunting for 4 years. I have a few hunting spots for mule deer, and elk. I have one point collected for Mule Deer. My spots are foot access only. You have to be willing to put in the work for the animals. I mostly rifle hunt but I do have a bow and have been working my way up to using it on my First hunt. Want someone I can trust that is willing to hunt as hard as myself. I know it’s close to the draw deadline but hopefully we can get an application in before the 23rd. Pm me if interested.
Old 07-09-2022, 08:55 PM

Anyone in around calgary want to pair up ?
40 year old , hunted most of my life but in sask.
Send me p.m !
Old 07-12-2022, 11:11 PM

Default New Bow Hunter - 45!

Hey Im a new (tryin to be) bow hunter. 45 years old and never hunted. Have a good bow and basic gear, but no experience. I live in Calgary and was hoping to harvest a mule deer this season, but if I don't even get a shot off, that would be fine as long as I learn something while I'm out. I can go on weekdays as I work for myself. Anyone else in a similar work schedule care to let the new guy tag along on a bow hunt? Very new and still learning all the rules - there's a lot!

Passed the new hunter course, and have a bow hunting license. I picked up a "pre-rut buck" 3d target and can pin it in the heart or lungs at 45 yards pretty consistently. I Shoot every day at my place. I had a great time recently out at dragonfly archery on their 3d course and go to Calgary Archery center from time to time. Maybe that would be a good place to meet up and hang out, then plan a day trip hunt or plan to shoot the outdoor 3d course at dragonfly archery or something? That's about the extent of my experience I'm afraid so looking to meet up with some experienced bow hunters.

About me:
45, married, and one kid (1.5 year old - Im an old dad!).
Rock music/metal
Guitar player
motorbikes (sport bikes or dual sport)
Snowboarding in winter
Old 07-13-2022, 12:01 PM

Default Looking for hunting partner!

Looking for a hunting partner. I'm 25 years old and in great physical shape to hike in wherever. I'm located in Calgary and willing to travel. I've been hunting for 11 years, 9 of those years were focused on waterfowl and upland game. The last 2 years years I've turned my focus to big game. Last year, I was able to assist a friend harvest a buck, but have been unable to harvest one myself and am hoping to this year.

I have 10 days off in September for an archery/rifle elk hunt and am available to go scout during the summer. I have all the gear needed for a successful hunting trip. My dream is to harvest an elk with either my bow or rifle as I am skilled with both. I would also like to harvest white tail deer or a mule deer. Send me a PM if you'd like to hunt with me!
Old 07-13-2022, 07:53 PM

Default Hunting Partner

Good Day,

Looking for a hunting partner
I have lots of gear and quad, based out of Edmonton. looking to bow and rifle hunt this season.
PM me and we can chat.
Old 07-16-2022, 08:53 AM

Default New to area

Moved here in July. I’m 37 year old family guy. West of Calgary. Been hunting in bc for 20year. Tons of waterfowl experience. Been hunting moose deer successfully. Looking to learn a little about Alberta. Physically fit. My dad suggested I could be a pack horse for some of the older boys if your interested. Lol.
Old 07-19-2022, 12:42 PM

Default hunting partner

In need of " hunting partner "

background:
As a Teen I used to hunt with my father and brother back in B.C. Being a poor family it was our only source of meat. we killed to eat for sure, if I wanted chicken I went out and shot a grouse. we basically lived in the middle of no ware (the sticks) . Deer was the only thing we killed, (3) a year.

we also did our own cutting an wrapping on the kitchen table, yah my mom loved that. weird thing was My mom was a vegetarian and did all the cooking, so effort was minimum (shake and bake) every meal was the same.

I moved out when I was 18, never hunted again, 18 years of the same meal, and my father was fat and lazy so we only drove around in the truck till we seen something to shoot. Wasn't motivated to return to that life when I moved out.

Time has past, my memories are fading , most of my hair is gone and meat getting expensive.

Now :

age 39, white, Real Male( messed up times), not gay , Calgary, truck, dual purpose Motorbike. rifle , shotgun, ammo, license, tent and two legs made for walking.

need a friend waterfowls(driving distance Calgary), don't have decoys, been shooting clays for a bit.

also wish to fill freezer with big game, don't care what it is, as long the freezer get filled. I can take 2 weeks off from JOB for this. I shoot the rifle when I go camping every year and still within 1"

Don't care about age or race , just keep politics at home. other than that I am easy talk with and not a very shy person. I talk to everyone in the grocery line
Old 07-20-2022, 02:08 PM

Default Moose in 216

Got drawn for bull moose in zone 216. Have a couple of decent places where I have permission. Looking for someone near Olds with experience in calling bulls for some archery in late September, early October. Also some extra eyes scouting and some permission of your own would be a bonus. Happy to share meat, and I work for a brewery for what that's worth.
Old 08-09-2022, 06:22 PM

Hey, in calgary area. Will be hunting this fall as well. 40yrs old and hunting my entire life.
Old 08-17-2022, 06:42 PM

Default Hunting partner

Hi guys, am a well disciplined, matured guy, new to hunting in Alberta, looking for a partner to hunt with this season, am fit, and very good with skinning as well, if you need someone to hunt with please dm me.
Old 08-19-2022, 07:48 AM

Default Looking for a partner

Hello folks,

I am living in west part of Calgary and I am looking for a partner. I am 36 years old family man with a wife and daughter. I moved here last year because of work and never hunted before big games. I am originally from Cuba and hunted there since I was 10. In return I have a large experience fishing (rod, manual and spearfishing) that I can share. I work in Computer Science (PhD in Artificial Intelligence) but I love this sport. I wonder if somebody wants to pair up for this season, all my gears are ready to the entire fall and winter. I did get any draw this year so I only want to get some whitetails (one or two). Of course I can help you to go over your draws and assist you anytime.

I like jokes, communicate with people, always open to suggestions, and also know how to keep secrets.

Thanks in advance,
Reinier
Old 08-19-2022, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxxiD View Post
Hi all

Pm me guys and girls.

Max

I am also looking for a partner... send me a private message if you wish, so we can get in touch.
Old 08-19-2022, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterfisher View Post
Hey, in calgary area. Will be hunting this fall as well. 40yrs old and hunting my entire life.
I am also looking for a partner and I am living in Calgary as well., if you wish send me a p.m. and let's sync some time

Thanks in advance
Old 08-19-2022, 12:58 PM

I’m in Calgary and looking for someone to go out with. I’m middle aged and at the moment a bit out of shape. I have hunted for about 9yrs and know some good areas. Would like to get more into upland game hunting.
Old 08-24-2022, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ysi View Post
North/West from Edson very nice hunting area. Definitely will get some result!
Did you mean WMU346?
Old 08-26-2022, 12:26 PM

I'm reposting my post from a few months ago:

Hey, I'm a new (trying to be) bow hunter. 45 years old and never hunted. Have a good bow and basic gear, but no experience. I live in Calgary and was hoping to harvest a mule deer this season, but if I don't even get a shot off, that would be fine as long as I learn something while I'm out. I can go on weekdays or weekends as I work for myself (as long as wifey approves. Anyone else in a similar work schedule care to let the new guy tag along on a bow hunt? Very new and still learning all the rules - there's a lot!

Passed the new hunter course, and have a bow hunting license. I picked up a "pre-rut buck" 3d target and can pin it in the heart or lungs at 45 yards pretty consistently. I Shoot every day at my place. I had a great time recently out at dragonfly archery on their 3d course and go to Calgary Archery center from time to time. Maybe that would be a good place to meet up and hang out, then plan a day trip hunt or plan to shoot the outdoor 3d course at dragonfly archery or something? That's about the extent of my experience I'm afraid so looking to meet up with some experienced bow hunters.

About me:
45, married, and one kid (1.5 years old - I'm an old dad!).
Rock music/metal
Guitar player
motorbikes (sports bikes or dual sport)
Snowboarding in winter
Old 09-07-2022, 01:45 PM

Default Waterfowl near Olds

Looking for someone to hunt waterfowl with near olds. I have decoys and permissions. Looking for someone to help add to the spread, especially a mojo or moving decoys, and a permission or 2 of their own. 36m, I have a 8 year old daughter who likes to tag along, and plenty of room in the blind for another kid if they’re interested in learning and watching.
Old 09-08-2022, 04:08 PM

Default Looking for someone to do some big game hunting with.

I am 29 years old fit male with a wife. Currently living in Calgary AB. Willing to travel for single or multi-day trips. I work for myself so schedule is pretty flexible. Not a prideful guy just hoping to learn and gain some experience.

Last year went out with a friend to get a mule deer for my first hunt spent lots of time scouting and roaming around had a great time and learned lots. He has moved to BC so I'm on the hunt for a new hunting partner to fill the freezer with some big game.

I grew up on a black angus beef farm and have been shooting for years. I have a great rifle that is maintained and sighted in every year. I unfortunately don't have very much first hand experience other than a few days in the woods last year with my friend who harvested a mule deer.

I am open to connecting with some people and seeing if we are a good fit.
Mule/White-tail/Moose/Elk all welcome even if you just need a hand packing an animal out.

Thanks,
Warren

Last edited by MooseHunter93; 09-08-2022 at 04:10 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-13-2022, 01:39 PM

Smile Paramedic looks for a hunting partner

I'm an early-thirties guy who is new to hunting. I am a good shot with a bow and I'm waiting for my PAL to come through. I have elk, mule deer, and white-tail tags for this year mostly to try to take up opportunities where they come up. I started scouting out hunting spots over winter and summer in the Ghost and K-country regions.
I will openly admit that I don't have a harvest under my belt, but I am a good outdoorsman (both following a 'leading' backcountry and frontcountry camping, hiking, scrambling, and climbing trips/daytrips) who is looking for someone to partner up with.

I am a Paramedic who works 4 days on / 4 days off, so I get my blocks of time to do stuff that most 9-to-5 folks don't have available.

So far this year, I went out twice for multi-day trips. The first, I saw deer but no bucks and the second, I followed a lot of deersign but didn't see any deer.

I hope to find someone who can show me (or learn with me) about how to 'do the thing' and get out there to fill the freezer.

Feel free to send a DM, cheers!