Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 03-14-2022, 01:13 PM

Default Looking for info about Damon Howatt Hunter Bows

Hey everyone! So as the title says, I'm looking for some general info from people who know a lot more then I do regarding a Damon Howatt Hunter Recurve that I recently came across for sale localy. It is a 55# with a 28" draw. Unfortunately I didn't get the serial number off of it. It is decent shape with some minor nicks in the finish coat. It looks like someone glue some sort of cheap sight guide above the arrow rest. All in all it looks to be an older model but I don't know exactly how old. Can I determine this by looking up the serial number somewhere? The seller is asking $260 for it. I was wondering if this was a decent price for it?

Thank you in advance for any help! If I manage to get pictures of it I will post them. Again, thank you.
Old 03-16-2022, 09:23 AM

Those damon howatt hunters have a good following down south. Its a fair price, id try to get them down a bit on it, holes and limb twist, should drop price, and anything over 50# doesnt sell as quick. But you could likely sell it to the same price USD fairly quick. I dont think you'd be disappointed appariently they shoot. Id take it over any new commercially built recurve.
I love my vintage bows but have never had one of the nicer howatts.
Would love to see pics

http://www.vintagearchery.org/martin-howatt.html

Last edited by bsmitty27; 03-16-2022 at 09:31 AM.
Old 03-17-2022, 04:03 PM

Beautiful! Thank you for the information and the reply! I very much appreciate it. I'll send you some pictures when I go to see it again.
Old 04-05-2022, 07:29 PM

I didn't see a mention about limb twist. That is a fair price tho especally in cdn dollars.
Go to Bowsite's leatherwall for more info. Someone will be able to tell you more by the serial number.

I'm a diehard Bear TD fan but I just started looking for a lefty Howatt Hunter. Older models seem to have nicer wood combinations in the riser.
I'd like to see some pix too.
Thanks
Gun