Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 03-27-2022, 02:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveY66 View Post
Welcome to Alberta! The province where being a resident hunter is actually a disadvantage.
Resident bought 4/6 ministers tags
Old 03-27-2022, 02:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209x50 View Post
The same as AFGA got or any administrator of the tags, 15% of proceeds.
It would be nice if wsfab handled the sheep tags
It only makes sense
Old 03-27-2022, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky_mark View Post
It would be nice if wsfab handled the sheep tags
It only makes sense
I have made that comment to the minister. We were not on the radar when the decision was made. Probably because we are 100% unpaid volunteers and these projects probably need the support of a paid staff or two. At any rate i raised the question but APOS has the ball for a few years at this point. I think they will do a good job. Jeana is a smart lady and very competent.

AFGA has the raffle tags for one more year.
Old 03-27-2022, 04:06 PM

Until APOS is changed dramatically, I'll never participate or support anything to do with that organization. Fox's in the hen-house.
Old 03-28-2022, 07:33 AM

Quote:
I have made that comment to the minister. We were not on the radar when the decision was made. Probably because we are 100% unpaid volunteers and these projects probably need the support of a paid staff or two. At any rate i raised the question but APOS has the ball for a few years at this point. I think they will do a good job. Jeana is a smart lady and very competent.

AFGA has the raffle tags for one more year.
Well I hope they come up with some decent projects to spend the money raised.

Marky Mark doesn't seem to have much confidence in them. (Post 12, 26)

After the next Leadership review and following election, there will likely be a new Minister to deal with anyway.

With your Wife being on the ACA Executive I am sure you have some good insight into what is happening for our future hunting/fishing/trapping. Thanks, and keep us posted.
Old 03-29-2022, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Blake View Post
Well I hope they come up with some decent projects to spend the money raised.

Marky Mark doesn't seem to have much confidence in them. (Post 12, 26)

After the next Leadership review and following election, there will likely be a new Minister to deal with anyway.

With your Wife being on the ACA Executive I am sure you have some good insight into what is happening for our future hunting/fishing/trapping. Thanks, and keep us posted.
I sit on the ACA as a director for WSFA.
Old 03-30-2022, 07:08 AM

Your Family is very involved with both the ACA and WSFA and also the trapping Industry. Thanks to all your Family for taking the time to keep these Organizations going.
Old 03-30-2022, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Blake View Post
Your Family is very involved with both the ACA and WSFA and also the trapping Industry. Thanks to all your Family for taking the time to keep these Organizations going.
Lots of time if folks actually got involved they would understand why things happen they way they do. It is eye popping to see the actual procedures, checks and balances and compare that to the internet interpretations.
Old 03-31-2022, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Lots of time if folks actually got involved they would understand why things happen they way they do. It is eye popping to see the actual procedures, checks and balances and compare that to the internet interpretations.
Are you able to add any clarity as to why, until something was said, that AEP was only intending on auctioning off a MLS tag for Moose, Antelope and Turkey and not having a raffle for residents for the 2022 season?
Old 04-01-2022, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleSS View Post
Are you able to add any clarity as to why, until something was said, that AEP was only intending on auctioning off a MLS tag for Moose, Antelope and Turkey and not having a raffle for residents for the 2022 season?
Kyle, are you saying that they may now be offering these additional tags in the resident raffle for 2022?
Old 04-02-2022, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearb8er View Post
Kyle, are you saying that they may now be offering these additional tags in the resident raffle for 2022?
I have heard rumors but nothing has been confirmed.
I'm not holding my breath but I sure do hope they come through with it.

I think the MSL tags are an incredible opportunity for auction buyers and raffle winners. To add to that, it adds a great deal of capital for conservation programs
Old 04-05-2022, 08:57 AM

Quote:
To my understanding there was always going to be the same tags in a raffle for residents. The organization that handles that raffle has not said if they will raffle the tickets this year or not.
Old 04-05-2022, 07:28 PM

Quote:
To my understanding there was always going to be the same tags in a raffle for residents. The organization that handles that raffle has not said if they will raffle the tickets this year or not.
The email that I received from Sr AEP employee was they didn't have time to organize a raffle for 2022. Just seems odd that they had time to organize the tags for auction.....
Old 04-05-2022, 08:03 PM

Quote:
The email that I received from Sr AEP employee was they didn't have time to organize a raffle for 2022. Just seems odd that they had time to organize the tags for auction.....
Wonder if there going to find time to raffle the three they've put out for years... used to be out in January when they were auctioned.
Old 04-05-2022, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlered View Post
Wonder if there going to find time to raffle the three they've put out for years... used to be out in January when they were auctioned.
To my understanding, that was to do with AFGA and the AGLC and not AEP
Old 04-06-2022, 07:29 AM

Quote:
It wasn't AEP that didn't have the time. AEP is not the administering organization. APOS made their end happen in a timely matter so it isn't fair to be critical of them. The other group maybe not so much. Alberta residents are losing out because of their behavior.
Old 04-06-2022, 07:02 PM

Quote:
It wasn't AEP that didn't have the time. AEP is not the administering organization. APOS made their end happen in a timely matter so it isn't fair to be critical of them. The other group maybe not so much. Alberta residents are losing out because of their behavior.
See my post directly above yours. I clearly said that it was do to AGLC and AFGA. But the ministerial orders and contract comes from AEP. AFGA didn't even know the 3 new tags were going to be available this year. I was the one who informed them that APOS was taking them to the WSF Mid West chapter auction. How was AFGA to even know about the potential of raffling off tags if AEP or the Minister's office didn't even notify them of it?

I would really love to hear how the Alberta residents are losing out because of their behavior.
Old 04-06-2022, 10:44 PM

Old 04-07-2022, 06:14 AM

Default ACA/APOS Ministers Tag Auction

Quote:

Do you care to explain how Alberta residents are losing out because of our behaviour? Please enlighten us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2022, 06:57 AM

More info on “behavior issues” would be great

Considering Alberta resident hunters are not present in discussions and rely on organizations to represent them this should be interesting
Old 04-07-2022, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Yea and APOS Is such an outstanding organization!
Old 04-07-2022, 07:49 AM

Quote:

Perhaps in a timely manner without much thought...that would be a fair assumption.

Best quit digging!
Old 04-07-2022, 08:50 AM
Banned

Afga dropped the ball on managing these tags a long time ago
They are obviously have no idea what’s even going on with the old 3 or the new 3

I’m glad someone else is handling these and was really hoping that apos would do a better job. But….. when next to no notice is given that these were going to be auctioned a couple weeks ago. No sign that there we are going to have a raffle for the new 3 this year. And really questionable conditions on the tags. Questionable for the people that aren’t in the loop, but not vague enough for the president of apos. Since they bought them all
Old 04-07-2022, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Afga dropped the ball on managing these tags a long time ago
How so? Not looking for another argument, and not even necessarily disagreeing with you. Just curious what you're basing that statement on?
Old 04-07-2022, 09:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertadave View Post
How so? Not looking for another argument, and not even necessarily disagreeing with you. Just curious what you're basing that statement on?
They never came close to selling out for a lot of years
They couldn’t even tell you who won the draws for at least a month after
A lot of people didn’t even know they existed, they didn’t promote them at all
Could go on and on
Old 04-07-2022, 11:06 AM

Quote:
They never came close to selling out for a lot of years
They couldn’t even tell you who won the draws for at least a month after
A lot of people didn’t even know they existed, they didn’t promote them at all
Could go on and on
Kindan sounds like APOS did the same thing!
Old 04-07-2022, 11:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram crazy View Post
Kindan sounds like APOS did the same thing!
Seems like it
Old 04-07-2022, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Seems like it
Here's another question, is the gentleman that bought all these tags going to sell them to clients?
Old 04-07-2022, 11:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram crazy View Post
Here's another question, is the gentleman that bought all these tags going to sell them to clients?
No idea
The other 3 ministers tags were non transferable
Like I said, these ones here had different rules and seasons that didn’t make sense. It kept a lot of people from bidding because there was too many unanswered questions
Old 04-07-2022, 07:02 PM

Quote:
No idea
The other 3 ministers tags were non transferable
Like I said, these ones here had different rules and seasons that didn’t make sense. It kept a lot of people from bidding because there was too many unanswered questions
Ya, the Antelope rules said "you may be able to hunt the Cypress Hills"

The way I read that, "you may also be charged"

Great organization on this all the way around