Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-28-2011, 07:17 PM

Default secret spot on the bow

my dad an i found this great spot on the bow up by Cochrane on the south side of the river at the bend on the west side of town across from the spray lakes sawmills family sports centre. we have pulled large trout(brook and rainbow) with pickerel rigs with minnows. iv only seen 1 person there, he was an old fly fisherman working the bank. i might go back up this weekend see how the fishing is, ill have some pics if i get lucky
Old 06-28-2011, 07:20 PM

I will say you are lucky, if you are using minnows you are lucky you havent been busted yet, read the frikkin regs!!!
from (Ghost Dam) downstream to Bearspaw Reservoir (not including the reservoir), & tributaries except Jumpingpound Creek
Apr. 1 to June 15 – Trout limit 0; Mountain Whitefish limit 5 over 30 cm; Bait Ban
June 16 to Oct. 31 – Trout limit 1 under 35 cm; Mountain Whitefish limit 5 over 30 cm; Maggots are the only bait allowed and only in the river from Aug. 16 to Oct. 31.

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 06-28-2011, 07:29 PM

Epic...
Old 06-28-2011, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
I will say you are lucky, if you are using minnows you are lucky you havent been busted yet, read the frikkin regs!!!
from (Ghost Dam) downstream to Bearspaw Reservoir (not including the reservoir), & tributaries except Jumpingpound Creek
Apr. 1 to June 15 – Trout limit 0; Mountain Whitefish limit 5 over 30 cm; Bait Ban
June 16 to Oct. 31 – Trout limit 1 under 35 cm; Mountain Whitefish limit 5 over 30 cm; Maggots are the only bait allowed and only in the river from Aug. 16 to Oct. 31.
sorry i mean to say the gulp plastic ones
Old 06-28-2011, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little archer_99 View Post
my dad an i found this great spot on the bow up by Cochrane on the south side of the river at the bend on the west side of town across from the spray lakes sawmills family sports centre. we have pulled large trout(brook and rainbow) with pickerel rigs with minnows. iv only seen 1 person there, he was an old fly fisherman working the bank. i might go back up this weekend see how the fishing is, ill have some pics if i get lucky

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.

Quote:
they are still bait, are they maggots?

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich

Quote:
Strike two...
Old 06-28-2011, 07:39 PM

Quote:

the hole gets bigger....
Old 06-28-2011, 07:41 PM

Quote:
STOP DIGGING! You were poaching and let the world know about it. Read and understand the regs. If you don't understand them, ask: before you go fishing.

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:44 PM

Secret NO MORE
Old 06-28-2011, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAisling View Post
x2.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:46 PM

NO NO NO what I REALLLLLY meant to say was not bait of any kind, just mister twister tails SOAKED in gulp juice...see?
Old 06-28-2011, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyreeUM View Post
NO NO NO what I REALLLLLY meant to say was not bait of any kind, just mister twister tails SOAKED in gulp juice...see?
MMmmmm Gulp juice.....shutup Chubb.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:47 PM

give the kid a break. did he break the rules?..yes, did he not understand the regs?...yes. is it the end of the world?...NO. he made a simple mistake and now thanks to all of your smart as* remarks he knows better. my advice to you is make sure both you and your dad understand the regs in the water you are fishing before you head out. try some big stoneflys, bounce em on the bottom if you need some pm me and i will give ya some good ones. have fun fishing with your dad its the best father son time you will ever get.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
I have a secret spot on the bow to I have a little secret hatch on the bow of my boat I keep my pot in there unless i'm fishing with Chubb then I keep the KFC in there so he don't eat it all. I didn't think other people had secret spots on their bows to KEWL
Old 06-28-2011, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosh View Post
give the kid a break. did he break the rules?..yes, did he not understand the regs?...yes. is it the end of the world?...NO. he made a simple mistake and now thanks to all of your smart as* remarks he knows better. my advice to you is make sure both you and your dad understand the regs in the water you are fishing before you head out. try some big stoneflys, bounce em on the bottom if you need some pm me and i will give ya some good ones. have fun fishing with your dad its the best father son time you will ever get.
huh.....he can use a computer...he can read...and i hope his Dad can too
Old 06-28-2011, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitfisher83 View Post
MMmmmm Gulp juice.....shutup Chubb.
ohhhhhh baby.......what color today?
Old 06-28-2011, 07:52 PM

Quote:
When is it a problem (the end of the world). When two people do it? Ten? One thousand?

I wind up with pockets full of litter every time I fish the Bow, and most of it is p-rig wrappers. The problem is chronic and widespread.

Old 06-28-2011, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
huh.....he can use a computer...he can read...and i hope his Dad can too

so you have never un intentionally broken or mis understood a rule in your life? if this is the worst the kid does in his life then i would say he is a success. i am just saying the super cops on here need to chill. the kid might be 12 and needs a lesson on the rule, not on dumb comments.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:56 PM

Quote:
so you have never un intentionally broken or mis understood a rule in your life? if this is the worst the kid does in his life then i would say he is a success. i am just saying the super cops on here need to chill. the kid might be 12 and needs a lesson on the rule, not on dumb comments.
He mentions driving in his "Dewitts" thread. If he can be trusted with a motor vehicle he should have the intellect required to read the regs.

Old 06-28-2011, 08:01 PM

Quote:
if we are talking about the clear and easily understood rules in the regulatons...then NO!!!

Some are tougher to understand but in this case......not a chance

The world needs to stop making excuses and be accountable .

Simple fact.....read the regulations , if at that point you still dont understand ......ASK
Old 06-28-2011, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAisling View Post
He mentions driving in his "Dewitts" thread. If he can be trusted with a motor vehicle he should have the intellect required to read the regs.
you are right everyone who can drive is smart, and everyone who has ever broken a rule is dumb. i guess i am in second half. sorry.

just saying teaching someone doesn't require dumb comments to follow.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:04 PM

I think his old man is the one that needs the lesson
Old 06-28-2011, 08:05 PM

Quote:
if we are talking about the clear and easily understood rules in the regulatons...then NO!!!

Some are tougher to understand but in this case......not a chance

The world needs to stop making excuses and be accountable .

Simple fact.....read the regulations , if at that point you still dont understand ......ASK
X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsetrader View Post
I have a secret spot on the bow to I have a little secret hatch on the bow of my boat I keep my pot in there unless i'm fishing with Chubb then I keep the KFC in there so he don't eat it all. I didn't think other people had secret spots on their bows to KEWL
Stop it...I can't stop laughing...
Old 06-28-2011, 08:09 PM

Quote:
you are right everyone who can drive is smart, and everyone who has ever broken a rule is dumb. i guess i am in second half. sorry.

Being mature...means taking your lumps when you are dumb enough to drop your shorts like that...after making a monumental on line fail twice.

Sorry...it is funny how he set himself up. Now he needs to swallow his pride...man up and know he made an ops and not do it again and all will be forgiven and forgotten about 10 threads later in time.

A buddy of mine was fishing in Sask last year at a lodge. Forgot to buy a licence. On the last day was packing his fish to come home...looked up and ahhhhh shyt. There is a fish cop asking him for his licence and counting his fish.

Busted...he admitted fault...took a 1 year suspension from fishing...and told us. I find that admirable...yes we razzed him. Yes it occasionally comes up over beers...given the right lead in...but we don't hate him...cause yes. Everyone makes mistakes.

Let him man up and take his lumps and yes...everyone will get over it.

Old 06-28-2011, 08:10 PM

Quote:

Forsaking the brutally obvious, the only "dumb" comments I see are yours.

Old 06-28-2011, 08:11 PM

maybe you guys could all get together with best? he has got some ideas how to handle situations that you all would like. hahahaha
Old 06-28-2011, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsetrader View Post
epic thread
baitfisher likes gulp juice
and i now know where the KFC is
Old 06-28-2011, 08:14 PM

Quote:
epic thread
baitfisher likes gulp juice
and i now know where the KFC is
gotta love the Colonel's secret recipe of 11 herbs and spices...

No one in the house but me likes that chicken

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KFC
Old 06-28-2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
gotta love the Colonel's secret recipe of 11 herbs and spices...

No one in the house but me likes that chicken

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KFC

it can have some severe side effects.....its no wonder they sell it in a bucket