Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-03-2015, 06:43 PM

Question The Gravel Agency (Remington recall)

I sent my Remington 700 off for the trigger recall. They say 2-4 week turnaround time right now.

Any one else send their firearm off?
Old 01-03-2015, 06:53 PM

No. I bought a rifle basix and did it myself.

Nobody to maybe lose my rifle. Nobody to maybe "drop" my rifle. And less hassle for me in the long run.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowtown guy View Post
No. I bought a rifle basix and did it myself.

Nobody to maybe lose my rifle. Nobody to maybe "drop" my rifle. And less hassle for me in the long run.
IIRC, there is a rebate?, credit?, refund?, reimbursement?, program from Remington for those who purchase and instal after-market triggers.
I have no details.

Good Luck, YMMV
Old 01-04-2015, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwert View Post
IIRC, there is a rebate?, credit?, refund?, reimbursement?, program from Remington for those who purchase and instal after-market triggers.
I have no details.

Good Luck, YMMV
Not that I was told but it was a long time ago.

I filled out the stuff they wanted filled out. They sent it back telling me that Gravel was notified and they would be sending me a shipping box shortly. After a month of no response, I contacted them and Gravel again and Gravel said the box would be out shortly. This was in May. It still isn't here.

That is when I started thinking this one thru...
How many thousands, no, tens of thousands of rifles are these guys possibly going to see?
How will my rifle be any differently treated than what I had just dealt with trying to even get a box from them?
How long will this actually take?
How will my rifle fare in the mail? Twice for that matter, there and back again going to a known gun establishment. I know that people have had rifles intentionally broken in the mail system. Or at least that's what it looks like. (Truck tire treads on the package and a broken stock on a gun they received.)

Or....

There are tons of qualified gunsmiths here that can check a trigger for function. Hell there are tons of YouTube videos showing how if you are mechanically inclined. Sure you have to pay for the service but at least you will get a trigger that is tuned with little to no creep and a low yet safe pull weight. If it goes to recall it will be "lawyer proof" when you get it back. Likely with the same adjustments needed that you would have to be paying the gunsmith to do anyway.

Or you could do what I did. Buy the trigger. Watch a 15 minute video. Take 15-25 minutes to install the trigger and test it for function and fail. Then go and relax knowing that the rifle never left my place and I didn't have to worry about any of the above crap happening.
Old 01-04-2015, 08:57 AM
Banned

I like your thinking Cowtown Guy. With all the confusion that such a huge amount of firearms going to Gravel, I have to wonder if you'd even get your own gun back. And then there is this: would you want your gun in Quebec? NOT
Old 01-04-2015, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by splake0 View Post
I sent my Remington 700 off for the trigger recall. They say 2-4 week turnaround time right now.

Is there a link? Serial# range?
Old 01-04-2015, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowtown guy View Post
Not that I was told but it was a long time ago.
The report that I read was very recent and was regarding the most recent large recall. There are so many rifles in this recall that it will be difficult for Remington to process the work and that is why it was reported that there was a provision for owners who had installed aftermarket triggers, or who had work done by a local smith.

I did not have any affected rifles and did not take any details, but suggest inquiries may be worthwhile.

Good Luck, YMMV
Old 01-04-2015, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
I like your thinking Cowtown Guy. With all the confusion that such a huge amount of firearms going to Gravel, I have to wonder if you'd even get your own gun back. And then there is this: would you want your gun in Quebec? NOT
Forgot to mention the Quebec part too. 100% agree!
Old 01-04-2015, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBF View Post
Is there a link? Serial# range?
It's all on the Remington site as far as I know.
Old 01-04-2015, 09:17 AM

I emailed the Gravel Agency in early December. At that time they said they were not busy and the recall would be done the same day they got it (at that time). They logged in my info and sent out the gun carton and the info I needed to send it back to them. Three weeks later I received the carton. I called the Gravel Angency they said it is now a 2-4 week turnaround time (1 person told me 4 weeks, the 2 nd person told me approximately 2 weeks). Also they told me that the rifle is insured (everything at Remington's expense). So in the mail it went. They should be getting it Monday or Tuesday.
Old 01-04-2015, 09:24 AM

I replaced my trigger with a Timney

Last time I had a gun delivered Canada post left it on my doorstep

I have a shipping box out of the deal and a chance to shop at the Remington store with a discount that wont cover the cost of shipping to Canada.
Old 01-04-2015, 09:25 AM
Banned

I haven't checked the Remington website. Does the recall include all the Walker triggers as well ?
Old 01-04-2015, 09:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
I replaced my trigger with a Timney

Last time I had a gun delivered Canada post left it on my doorstep

I have a shipping box out of the deal and a chance to shop at the Remington store with a discount that wont cover the cost of shipping to Canada.
Saaawwweet deal!
Old 01-04-2015, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
I haven't checked the Remington website. Does the recall include all the Walker triggers as well ?
Go to Remington's web site and type in your serial number. It will let you know if your rifle/gun is affected.
Old 01-05-2015, 03:00 PM

Sent mine out the second week of August and got it back last week of September. But the box did take 3 weeks to get to me, insurance was paid on it and I went over it when I got it home and there was no new marks on it. The box came prepacked with styrofoam that held it pretty good, I did tape it so it was almost water proof though.
Old 01-07-2015, 06:42 AM

Box took a while to receive but had rifle back promptly.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:08 AM

They recieved my rifle yesterday. So we'll see how long it takes.
Old 01-07-2015, 03:16 PM

They got mine into their hands on Dec 17th, haven't seen it come back yet but when I do I'll post. Can compare turnaround times.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:29 PM

Default Got my 300 RUM back

In the mail December 17th, just got it back yesterday if anyone's looking for ~ turnaround time. I have no idea what days they worked over the holidays..so my best guess is it would have taken 3 weeks if not for Christmas season
Old 01-13-2015, 12:46 PM

Default Rifle Returned Quickly

Quote:

I contacted them the day after I heard of the recall they sent me a rifle box to send it in which I sent promptly and it was done very quickly and returned to me in the same condition it left except for the trigger which has been repaired as per the recall.
Turnaround was less then four weeks maybe only two, but it was very quick.
The added benefit was an offer for 40% off a purchase at Remington Canada so I bought a complete gun cleaning kit and some extras for a great price.
Old 01-14-2015, 03:30 PM

Smile

I just got an email stating that my rifle is on its' way back to me. So they had it less than a week. That good!
Old 01-20-2015, 05:14 PM

Talking

Quote:
I just got an email stating that my rifle is on its' way back to me. So they had it less than a week. That good!
Got my rifle back today. All looks fine. Mailed it on the 29 Dec and got it back on the 20 Jan. 3 weeks (more than 2 in the mail) is a good turn around.
Old 01-20-2015, 05:30 PM

Default Remington

Did you guys have to give them your ser # to get them to send you a box? I could use the box.
Old 01-20-2015, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver lab View Post
Did you guys have to give them your ser # to get them to send you a box? I could use the box.
Yes