Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 02-22-2012, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckacards View Post
how small is the target that you need to hit or pass through to win the truck????
Im betting it will be prob half inch inside diameter tube and long long long ways out there prob from one side of building to other..... That is how they have been in the past at other shoots that I have attended and have done same type of shoot off
Old 02-23-2012, 11:58 AM

Thats what I thought! Got to give it a try though!
Old 02-23-2012, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearb8er View Post
As far as the money that is raised - who cares? No where is anything said about it being a charity shoot. There are 3 different alberta archery clubs that co-op together to put this shoot on and most of the "profit" is used for these clubs year round opperational budgets. There are so many hidden costs to hosting a shoot like this that your not counting. But again WHO CARES. When you buy any other service do you ask them to account to you for what they do with the money?

Good on you for putting on a "charity shoot" this summer but that was how you billed it from the get go. There have been charities that have been supported thru the MOAS but its never been purpose of the shoot.

Yes there are good prizes, both monetary and products. Hoyt has supported this shoot the last 2 yrs and they have been very generous with bows and other "stuff."
Good for them for helping out the other 3 local clubs. I release the hidden costs all the people helping ect, I was just curious is all. I am not asking any one to account for what they do with there money for one reason, i dont really CARE!! I was just wondering more about the prizes, I go for the fun is all. See ya there.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:05 AM

Default 3 more sleeps!

Gettin excited only a few more days till the shoot...Good luck everyone...and my the Swartz be with you all!
Old 02-29-2012, 03:53 PM

anyone that goes to a shoot for the prizes is sure to be disappointed! Go for the people and enjoy your friends!
Old 02-29-2012, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kale_M View Post
27 targets,

3 courses

3 targets per station

4 1/2 mins for all 4 shooters to shoot 3 targets (plenty of time!)
It is not enough time....Last year I wound up in a group that had one dial-a-prayer guy who had to glass every target 3-4 times, click, adjust, and glass again. Always seemed to get to line first.

I hope they enforce the no bino's on the line rule this year. If I wind up with a crew like that again I will politely decline to shoot with them.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ View Post
anyone that goes to a shoot for the prizes is sure to be disappointed! Go for the people and enjoy your friends!
so true...! it should be a great time...ohh on a side note....motel 6 any good?
Old 02-29-2012, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 338Bluff View Post
It is not enough time....Last year I wound up in a group that had one dial-a-prayer guy who had to glass every target 3-4 times, click, adjust, and glass again. Always seemed to get to line first.

I hope they enforce the no bino's on the line rule this year. If I wind up with a crew like that again I will politely decline to shoot with them.
real simple grab his shirt and pull him off the line after he has shot a shot that way he can glass all he wants from behind the line, dont sit back and take it make them follow rules otherwise everything gets behind schedule.

Or grab a stick bow and come shoot with the guys and gals who dont use training wheels...LMAO Im shooting with a bunch of kids this weekend should be fun time by us all
Old 02-29-2012, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 338Bluff View Post

Just do what do, be ready n shoot 1st everytime!!! Then if they run out of time cause they like to double check everything and make adjustments its their problem if they dont get all their arrows off!!!!

Cheers MM
Old 02-29-2012, 07:36 PM

I shoot at noon, hope to see some of you there!
Old 02-29-2012, 08:57 PM

Quick question about the shoot also, Im looking at the MOAS website and it says you need to pay (mail in cheque). I missed that part, am I hooped for missing the boat on this or will I be good to go if I get there friday night to pay my money. Ive already registered about a month ago.
Thanks
Old 02-29-2012, 09:01 PM

You will be fine to pay when you get there on friday.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlered View Post
Thank you!
Old 03-01-2012, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav View Post
real simple grab his shirt and pull him off the line after he has shot a shot that way he can glass all he wants from behind the line, dont sit back and take it make them follow rules otherwise everything gets behind schedule.

Or grab a stick bow and come shoot with the guys and gals who dont use training wheels...LMAO Im shooting with a bunch of kids this weekend should be fun time by us all
Easy trav. Was not that long ago and you where one of us...4 1/2 mins is plenty of time!
Old 03-01-2012, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kale_M View Post
Easy trav. Was not that long ago and you where one of us...4 1/2 mins is plenty of time!
4 1/2 minutes is more than enough time I agree, but some of the guys take more than their share. Grab them and move them off line is all im saying. Training wheels joke was towards the trad guys who told me that I needed training wheels to shoot and that I could not shoot a real bow.......LMAO betting they wish I was still shooting my training wheels now....... I take almost as long as most MBO shooters with my recurve, most dont but I try to be as precise as I can be.

Everyone needs to just come and have fun this is the BEST Shoot you will ever get a chance to compete at
Old 03-01-2012, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlered View Post
Not for sure, Pat told me they needed the money up front first come first serve basis.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bit Runner. View Post
Not for sure, Pat told me they needed the money up front first come first serve basis.
not the case they will hold the place for you
Old 03-02-2012, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav View Post
not the case they will hold the place for you
Thats not what Pat with the red deer archery center told me. She said in order to hold your spot they had to have the money. I had booked couple months ago but i was told that my spot was not gauranteed unless they had payment.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:45 AM

Is there a practise round tonight ( Friday ) ? I know there has been in the past some years just wondering if any one knows for sure.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:17 PM

Yes...there is 6pm and 730pm
Old 03-02-2012, 04:34 PM

Good luck everyone! Wish I could be there but stupid work got in the way .
Old 03-02-2012, 09:42 PM

LIT IT UP in practice! Hope to carry that over to tommorrow!
Old 03-04-2012, 06:47 AM

Well MOAS is a blast again this year , having a pretty good time. Congrats to the WINNER of the TUBE SHOOT.....so cool!!!! Some close shots i might add too. My only complaint was how long it ran. By the time my group got to shoot we missed out on the FUN SHOOT :-( . We we're told that they were going to have a 2nd flight and it be about an hr wait and it was already 8:30. Well with how far everthing was runinng behind, who knew???? Everyone that my son and i were shooting with said screw it, by the time we would of got out of there would of been 1030-11 and we still hadn't eating dinner yet. Well that kinda sucked, i was now going to be out the $40 it cost me for my son and i to shoot!!!!!! So in all that was $160 wasted by the 8 guys in our group and i'm sure we were'nt the only ones?!?!?!

The tube shoot was kool, but some better planning needed to be done :-(
CONGRATS AGAIN to the 2 winners of the Tube shoot, the Shooter and the Raffle Winner.

Cheers MM
Old 03-04-2012, 08:41 AM

I think the planning has been pretty good. You have to remember there is around 650 shooters. A couple rounds started to get behind because people were not showing up for their rounds on time so the officials were being nice and waiting for them. Also some people taking forever to score there arrows (same groups everytime). We stayed an shot tr steel deer after the Pro am and even though we didn't get out of there till midnight it was still a good time! Pat and evey body on the MOAS staff do a great job!!!
Old 03-04-2012, 04:40 PM

Default Moas

MOAS Was a great time, Shot terrible but had a great time, Met some great people, Got to shoot a round with Kevin Wilkey,What a gentleman. Hoyt realy put on a great show, Cant wait till nex year!!
Old 03-04-2012, 06:44 PM

Well that was the most fun I've had in a while! Finished top 20 in MBR and the gf won women's novice for her first shoot ever! Great weekend and great people!
Old 03-04-2012, 06:49 PM

Does anyone know how to find out where you placed? We had to leave right after the last shoot :-(
Old 03-04-2012, 08:42 PM

All I can say is WOW!!! What an awesome time. First time I've ever been to a shoot of that size. I shot terrible, but had a blast none the less. Thank's to all the organizers for putting this on.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:27 PM

Won a carbon matrix in the steel Barney shootout!! Took home about $2000 in prizes! Great weekend!!
Old 03-04-2012, 10:44 PM

Congrats to all the winners and a Huge thank you to the organizers, you did an awesome job. Great Shooting Kale........cannot wait until next years event