Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-13-2014, 06:26 PM

Default Worms

Well spring is arriving and a were a couple months tell sturgeon fishing gets good ! Anyways im just wondering if anyone raises night crawlers for fishing or any type of worm and how they raise them, keep them, buy them etc. I would really appreciate any type of help that i can get ! Thanks!
Old 03-13-2014, 07:32 PM

My yard raises night crawlers for me. They are a serious pain in the arse. They make the lawn almost not walkable. Free bait though. I have no trouble picking 50 in a matter of minutes. I just water lots and head out after dark. If often wondered what my neighbors are thinking when I'm out after dark with a headlamp. But seriously pick them out of someone else's yard. Don't introduce them to yours.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:33 PM

Fishin Hole sells trays of 5 dozen for reasonable. have to preorder them early in the week I believe. pick up a crawler cabin or one of the other worm holders and some worm food, the will last a lot longer and get a lot fatter. also make sure to keep them cool, I keep mine in the fridge at home and in a cooler in the boat.

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 03-13-2014, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couleestalker View Post
My yard raises night crawlers for me. They are a serious pain in the arse. They make the lawn almost not walkable. Free bait though. I have no trouble picking 50 in a matter of minutes. I just water lots and head out after dark. If often wondered what my neighbors are thinking when I'm out after dark with a headlamp. But seriously pick them out of someone else's yard. Don't introduce them to yours.
you can dump yours in my yard if you dont want them we only have little ones and few of those. pretty sandy here though.

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 03-13-2014, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
Fishin Hole sells trays of 5 dozen for reasonable. have to preorder them early in the week I believe. pick up a crawler cabin or one of the other worm holders and some worm food, the will last a lot longer and get a lot fatter. also make sure to keep them cool, I keep mine in the fridge at home and in a cooler in the boat.
How long around ?
Old 03-13-2014, 08:27 PM

Default Dew Worms

Takes about 1/2 hr to pick 3 doz worms after a good rain. 1.5 hrs to be able to stand up straight, but sure got some fat worms.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:34 PM

I wet my lawn and garden and send some electrical current into the ground. Ten minutes later there are worms everywhere.