Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-19-2017, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard.. View Post
mor·al

ˈmôrəl/

noun

plural noun:*morals

a lesson, especially one concerning what is right or prudent, that can be derived from a story, a piece of information, or an experience.

"the moral of this story*was that one must see the beauty in what one has"

synonyms:lesson,*message,*meaning,*significance,*s ignification,*import,*point,*teaching

"the moral of the story"

a person's standards of behavior or beliefs concerning what is and is not acceptable for them to do.

"the corruption of public morals"

synonyms:moral code,*code of ethics,*(moral) values,*principles,*standards,*(sense of) morality,*scruples

"he has no morals"

So we all know cannabis is very easy to come by and its not really black market material. The trudope goverment is using the excuse of crushing the black and pocketing the extra revenue with no insight as to what this new income or how it will benefit Canadians. Taking a herbal plant and taxing the sh!t out of with no insight as to what they will do with the money is morally unacceptable. like I said will have to wait and see how he decides to spend it. If it goes back to Canadians or will he use it for his own global slush fund?
mo·ral·i·ty
məˈralədē/Submit
noun
principles concerning the distinction between right and wrong or good and bad behavior.
synonyms: ethics, rights and wrongs, ethicality More
a particular system of values and principles of conduct, especially one held by a specified person or society.
plural noun: moralities
"a bourgeois morality"
the extent to which an action is right or wrong.
"behind all the arguments lies the issue of the morality of the possession of nuclear weapons"

Taxing to hurt people would be immoral.

Taxing to offset the negative costs to society is moral.

Over taxation of a population is a political platform that you can vote against.

I expect them to tax no similar to alcohol and on par with US taxation.

I say tax the crap out of alcohol and pot. Put the money into anti drug and alcohol programs and spend the rest on schools.

Then after the Liberals are ousted we can review the taxation.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 11-20-2017, 07:48 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Ahhh let er rip...like any other decision it will be done and then develop further mitigation as things pop up and you know they will because people simply don't respect people let alone themself for the most part.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-20-2017, 10:36 AM
Banned

I have never purchased or used any cannabis products. I do not know of the effects on a persons mind or how it affects a persons motor skills and coordination and response times.
With this said my concern with the legalization is how is it going to be tested for THC ? levels in a person? How will testing for impairment be done?
We all know the effects of alcohol, so how will the cannabis be regulated in this regards?
Old 11-20-2017, 06:20 PM

The government collected 5% tax on the Remington 710

Marijuana was the next logical step
Old 11-20-2017, 09:16 PM
Banned

Legalizing weed for the extra taxation is ludicrous. The governments will manage to screw it up big time.

It's like they are trying to set a price for weed - and set a price for taxes. They want to tax more a couple of years down the road, then the dispensaries will have to drop their costs and take the hit. Can't see that happening.

The black market will thrive, maybe not initially but wait for it.

The entire country of over 18 isn't going to light up just because it's legal.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
Legalizing weed for the extra taxation is ludicrous. The governments will manage to screw it up big time.

It's like they are trying to set a price for weed - and set a price for taxes. They want to tax more a couple of years down the road, then the dispensaries will have to drop their costs and take the hit. Can't see that happening.

The black market will thrive, maybe not initially but wait for it.

The entire country of over 18 isn't going to light up just because it's legal.
If you drink, why would you not give pot a whirl? Really what is the difference?? The stigma of it being illegal now gone by the wayside, I am thinking lots and lots will give it a try. Who knows, maybe when they discover there is no hangover, booze sales may actually decline. I wouldn't be surprised one bit.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
If you drink, why would you not give pot a whirl? Really what is the difference?? The stigma of it being illegal now gone by the wayside, I am thinking lots and lots will give it a try. Who knows, maybe when they discover there is no hangover, booze sales may actually decline. I wouldn't be surprised one bit.
Have you ever smoked pot?

When Portugal decriminalized heroin 14 years ago, many freaked out - the whole country was going to try it and get addicted. Not so, the results were surprising.

Many people won't admit it, but they've already tried it and decided on whether to use it recreationally or already decided that they don't like it and won't use it. Weed has been around for thousands of years, this is nothing new. It has gotten stronger, and will take many new users off guard.

My mother is almost 70, she could get a license but won't because of the stigma. She might try it when it's legal, but I have my doubts just because she won't try it under the current license.

I'd personally like to see the age limit dropped. Teen are going to do drugs anyway, given a choice, many would smoke clean weed instead of choosing the harder illicit drugs.
Old 11-21-2017, 05:18 AM

Another big plus to legalising dope is the savings in court costs, jails,policing etc.