Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-09-2024, 06:32 AM

Default Incinerating Toilet

Considering for the shack out in the bush. Propane or electric options. Anyone have or ever use one?
Old 04-09-2024, 07:23 AM

Had them in all of my crew change shacks on the service rigs for twenty plus years. Had very little problems with. IIRC they were the Incolet brand sold and serviced in Alberta. Very little trouble with them but you wouldn’t want to be hanging out downwind during the burn cycle. Make sure that you use the waxed paper liners or there will be a bad mess to clean up.
Old 04-09-2024, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schleprock View Post
Had them in all of my crew change shacks on the service rigs for twenty plus years. Had very little problems with. IIRC they were the Incolet brand sold and serviced in Alberta. Very little trouble with them but you wouldn’t want to be hanging out downwind during the burn cycle. Make sure that you use the waxed paper liners or there will be a bad mess to clean up.
I remember Rance Fisher telling me 25 years ago he was going to start throwing them in all his service rigs . Sounds like they kept them in after he sold the Cenalta service rig division.
Old 04-09-2024, 10:00 AM

I use a 220V incinolet at the lake in the winter when the water/sewer is off after we winterize.

It works extremely well.

No issues whatsoever. There is a catalist to minimize odors etc during the burn cycle.

PM me if you have any questions. Works so well I bought another one as a backup.
Old 04-09-2024, 01:47 PM

Dig a hole for John, worked for few thousand years and does not waste energy, much cheaper.
Old 04-09-2024, 07:17 PM

Already got a hole. Wife and kids have given me the ultimatum so either well/cistern and holding tank or this. It’s absolutely ridiculous what a cistern is going to cost and a well needs to go down at least 300ft so weighing out the options.
Old 04-09-2024, 07:30 PM

The old ‘Burn a turd’ special. Man I hated those things. Make sure nobody pees in it or gets the trots as too much liquid always burned the element out. Having one on the rigs I hate them. I would snip the wires and pack as many supplies into that closet as I could. lol. I mean it’s probably better than a hole but ensure it’s never going to be up wind of you.
Old 04-09-2024, 08:39 PM

How about composting toilets? Are they any good?
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 04-09-2024, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
a hippie friend of mine used a composting toilet. She's really intelligent and was diligent in setting it up and using it properly. She says they suck.
Old 04-09-2024, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
If you enjoy tumbling your Turds daily.
Old 04-10-2024, 09:52 AM

You might tell your wife and kids either rough it a little or stay in city. PS a little lime will do wonders.
Old 04-10-2024, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grey Wolf View Post
You might tell your wife and kids either rough it a little or stay in city. PS a little lime will do wonders.
I know someone who has real nice one in their house, heated seats and integral bidet.

Isaiah 5:8
Old 04-10-2024, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grey Wolf View Post
Lol are you a divorce lawyer looking for a new client?
Old 04-10-2024, 09:40 PM

Default I would recommend this!!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5ip4...R0Mnh1c215YQ==
Old 04-10-2024, 09:47 PM

Hole with a little diatomaceous earth sprinkle after the job works for years & years

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 04-11-2024, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schleprock View Post
That was our experience when we would go to a friends cabin. Worked slick though.