Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-26-2008, 10:28 AM

Default D.C gun ban.....gone

it was close....but it has been over ruled.

we will have to see what happens if obama wins and packs the supreme court though

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNe...rpc=22&sp=true
Old 06-26-2008, 12:55 PM

Default Crime in Washington, D.C.

If ever a city needed gun control it's Washington. I spent three years there in the 60s as a member of the RCAF and the murder and general crime rate was almost unbelievable. It hasn't improved to this day. If you are caucasian you dared not walk downtown after dark if you valued your life. I'm not trying to play the race card here; it was a simple fact!

One day, one of the drivers was bringing a car back to the Canadian Joint Staff building and he was stopped at a traffic light when three black men walked over to the car and began pounding on it with tire irons and a baseball bat. The driver rolled his window down enough to tell them that he was a Canadian. One of the men replied "You white".

Trying to ban guns in D.C. although helpful, would be a joke from an enforcement perspective but at least the thought is on peoples minds down there.

Last edited by 270man; 06-26-2008 at 01:10 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:10 PM

Default Crime

To bad the driver didn’t have a gun…
If you outlaw guns only honest people will surrender guns, not criminals. When somebody breaks into my house at night, I rather have a gun in my hand then a telephone…

Wojciech
Old 06-26-2008, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270man View Post
If ever a city needed gun control it's Washington. I spent three years there in the 60s as a member of the RCAF and the murder and general crime rate was almost unbelievable. It hasn't improved to this day. If you are caucasian you dared not walk downtown after dark if you valued your life. I'm not trying to play the race card here; it was a simple fact!

One day, one of the drivers was bringing a car back to the Canadian Joint Staff building and he was stopped at a traffic light when three black men walked over to the car and began pounding on it with tire irons and a baseball bat. The driver rolled his window down enough to tell them that he was a Canadian. One of the men replied "You white".

Trying to ban guns in D.C. although helpful, would be a joke from an enforcement perspective but at least the thought is on peoples minds down there.

i spent a week in DC one night...haha...but in all seriousness...my first night in DC...i missed my bus/train and had no money for a hotel (school loan had not gone through) so i slept in the DC bus station...yup, i'm that tough (read stupid!!)
Old 06-26-2008, 05:39 PM

Question

As our American friends are seeing their individual rights upheld over the objections of the quacking political left....here in Canada we may have to enact a comedian registry that runs parallel to the gun registry.

Apparently, a couple of friggin lesbos were heckling a stand up comic...and the man offended them! How horrible!!!

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/n...b-7a075a3766e2

How do the Americans do it? How does their society function without racist moslems, militant lesbians and immature liberals telling them what to say and think all the time?
Old 06-26-2008, 09:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270man View Post

Actually, guns WERE banned in DC for 30 years. Each year the ban was in effect the homicide rate increased (except one of those 30 years I believe). The Supreme Court decision reverses this law and allows law abiding citizens to now protect themselves from criminals who have always had guns.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:44 PM

Ya same as Canada, the criminals all had easy access to illegal guns. The law bidding citizens were the ones stripped of thier means of protection.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:54 AM

Gun control is not crime control.In Florida non-residents can't get a concealed weapon permit so the slugs look for out of State plates and tourists to mug.It's safer! I like the idea of "an armed society is a polite society"......................Harold
Old 07-18-2008, 01:11 PM

I do not have any statistics to back this up however in my travels I have always been told that tourists are targeted for crime simply because they are unfamiliar with the area and are often carrying more money and goods on there person then the locals and not out of concern for a concealed weapons. I also think that the Washington gun ban illustrates the fact that knee jerk reaction to social problems does not work so rather then a gun ban education and poverty issues should be addressed.

As for gun control in general, guns are still dangerous tools designed for one purpose and that is to kill therefore I think the laws like our licensing are good they at least prove that we have taken the time to take a course and where smart enough to pass the test. But do not confuse this with crime prevention because it is not.

This is just my opinion nothing more or less.

Ray