Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 09-12-2016, 10:06 PM

Default Fly in fishing recommendations

Well, suddenly it's time to plan my fishing partners birthday party!! I won't say how old " GTZ", as he's known here, will be this year but we are both old enough that our wives have given us the " go ahead" to jump on a plane and go fishing for a few days. Our main catch would hopefully be lake trout, pike and walleye but I would love to catch a grayling for the wall ( replica, of course). We are trying to budget for $2000-2500 to start. I'm sure that there will be extras involved later but thats for later. Let's hear some reccomendations please! Thanks in advance!
Old 09-12-2016, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boonedocks View Post
Well, suddenly it's time to plan my fishing partners birthday party!! I won't say how old " GTZ", as he's known here, will be this year but we are both old enough that our wives have given us the " go ahead" to jump on a plane and go fishing for a few days. Our main catch would hopefully be lake trout, pike and walleye but I would love to catch a grayling for the wall ( replica, of course). We are trying to budget for $2000-2500 to start. I'm sure that there will be extras involved later but thats for later. Let's hear some reccomendations please! Thanks in advance!
Lake Athabasca! It was easily the best trip of my life so far. There will be budget issues though.
Old 09-13-2016, 07:39 AM

I just got back from Aikens lake lodge in Manitoba. I would highly recommend it. Lake trout are there but not plentiful. Fishing for walleye (size wise) was unbelievable and the small amount of pike fishing we did was great as well. The service at the lodge by all the staff was unreal. Second to none as an overall experience. As the previous poster said though there will be budget issues.