Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-10-2019, 08:49 AM

Default Wireless earphone help

My 10 year old son is wanting a pair of wireless headphones for Christmas. He wanted “black pods”, I ordered them, but think I’m not getting them.

Does anyone have a suggestion for something similar? I’m running out of time.

Thanks.

-Billy Molls
Old 12-10-2019, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
My 10 year old son is wanting a pair of wireless headphones for Christmas. He wanted “black pods”, I ordered them, but think I’m not getting them.

Does anyone have a suggestion for something similar? I’m running out of time.

Thanks.
I just recently bought some Samsung Icon X 2018 version, used from Kijiji for $60. They are awesome. Not only BT to my phone, but have 4 GB of onboard memory which means I upload music to them and leave the phone at home or in the locker at the gym. Even have a workout "coach" built into them. Recharge by placing them into the carrying case, about the size of a small pill bottle.

BestBuy will have these and others as well. I think the price @ BestBuy was around $230? I just stopped in a mall yesterday to price out Apple Airpod Pros and they are $329, white version only and no onboard memory (which means a phone needs to be within 50 feet)

I believe (don't quote me on this) that the Samsung Icons though are the only ones that have the onboard memory built in?

J.
Old 12-10-2019, 01:05 PM

Bought a set of black wireless ear buds this past summer to wear under my heavy ear protectors when on the mowerb weed whacking, etc. Got "SoundPEATS True wireless earbuds 5.0" from Amazon. Cost about $45 to $50 depending on if there is a coupon offer like there is now. Works good. Pairs to the phone as soon as I take them out of the case which also acts as a portable charge unit. One charge on the earbuds lasts about 3 hours - about how long it takes me to mow the acreage. Haha. Worked so well my 15 year old wanted a set too.