Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2018, 08:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5swedeforelk View Post

Here... take Rug's chair. Perhaps you can fill that huge void.
I've always wondered when he would be replaced.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
I spoke with a cop I know last week, he says he has studied the evidence very closely and he feels the jury totally made the right decision regardless of any goof-ups from Crown witnesses. Says the evidence for it being an accidental shooting was very strong. I hope the man comes out with a fat bank account for all he has been through. He and his wife went to bed as normal that night, not knowing their lives would be forever altered. Ironically, this cop grew up on a farm 6 miles away. His dad is still on the farm and the stories of the crime they are subjected to is ridiculous. With everything I heard, I can understand why his guns were not locked up. He does not deserve to lose firearm privileges for 10 years. The law may say otherwise, and he will have to live with that, but he doesn't deserve it. There is a difference. That's my two cents.
Well said. Thanks!
Old 04-17-2018, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Well, hopefully his wife or others in the household still have PAL's. One wouldn't want to advertise to the army of people who wish him harm that he's unarmed.
The sword of justice doesn't always cut in the direction we wish.
Old 04-17-2018, 09:19 PM

Quote:
I spoke with a cop I know last week, he says he has studied the evidence very closely and he feels the jury totally made the right decision regardless of any goof-ups from Crown witnesses. Says the evidence for it being an accidental shooting was very strong. .
You're trying to sell the accidental angle to a site of marksmen and hunters?

We all know what happened here: He killed an unarmed boy in anger. He got off on a subterfuge. But we all know it's BS.
Old 04-17-2018, 09:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Abelard View Post

We all know what happened here: He killed an unarmed boy in anger. He got off on a subterfuge. But we all know it's BS.
I hope you are being sarcastic.
Old 04-17-2018, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by covey ridge View Post
Please tag me as a pro Crown guy. I have nothing against the Crown. They have a job to do. That also goes for defense lawyers.

What I have a problem with is politicians that try to steer an agenda. What I also have a problem with is those who do not honor the decision of the jury.
The jury who have the unpopular duty of rendering a decision should not have to see the leaders of our country cozy up to those to those on the other side of their decision.
Those who find Trudeau's comments inappropriate don't understand the legal system, or the legislative oversight that the various layers perform.
Old 04-17-2018, 09:27 PM
Banned

Quote:

The guy who got shot was neither innocent nor was he a kid. He was a thug up to no good. Unfortunately for him things didn't go as planned. Remember where he was when he got shot and why he was there.
Old 04-17-2018, 09:27 PM

Quote:

Quite frankly, I'm not trying to sell anything, nor do I care what you or any other apologists think because a jury has spoken. They quickly found that he accidentally killed a drunk criminal who was trespassing on his property, and posed a risk to the safety of his wife. As a moderator, I try and stay out of this stuff, but not on this one. I wish we had Castle Law.

Don't get drunk and trespass for the purpose of stealing and you will likely live a long life.

Last edited by sns2; 04-17-2018 at 09:34 PM.
Old 04-17-2018, 09:37 PM

Quote:

There was no boy involved, the adult that died as a result of the accidental shooting did have a loaded firearm in the vehicle , the occupants of the vehicle were driving around drunk, were prohibited from possessing firearms, and they had previously tried to break into a vehicle at another property, before arriving at Stanley's property. Impaired driving, and possessing a firearm while prohibited, and possessing a firearm while impaired, and armed robbery are all criminal offenses, so the occupants of the vehicle were certainly not innocent.
Old 04-17-2018, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
The guy who got shot was neither innocent nor was he a kid. He was a thug up to no good. Unfortunately for him things didn't go as planned. Remember where he was when he got shot and why he was there.
One of us is unfamiliar with this case. My understanding is that he had passed out in the back of a car, and woke up amidst all the commotion.

The bar has to be set pretty low to determine that he was a threat.

At worst, he was guilty of bad company.
Old 04-17-2018, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
There was no boy involved, the adult that died as a result of the accidental shooting did have a loaded firearm in the vehicle , the occupants of the vehicle were driving around drunk, were prohibited from possessing firearms, and they had previously tried to break into a vehicle at another property, before arriving at Stanley's property. Impaired driving, and possessing a firearm while prohibited, and possessing a firearm while impaired, and armed robbery are all criminal offenses, so the occupants of the vehicle were certainly not innocent.
You talk a lot about the people in the car, but don't mention what Bouchie himsef did.

And that's because he did nothing, except get shot.

Is keeping bad company an offense punishable by death?
Old 04-17-2018, 09:42 PM

Quote:
I wish we had Castle Law.
Myself as well. It's lack causes complication.

Quote:
Don't get drunk and trespass for the purpose of stealing and you will likely live a long life.
He was passed out in the back of his friend's car. While not a healthy lifestyle choice, I don't know it was punishable by death.

(I for one would be dead 5 times over if that were the case!)

Last edited by sns2; 04-17-2018 at 09:48 PM.
Old 04-17-2018, 09:43 PM

Quote:
One of us is unfamiliar with this case. My understanding is that he had passed out in the back of a car, and woke up amidst all the commotion.

He was one occupant of a vehicle full of impaired individuals, out committing criminal offenses and they had a loaded firearm in the vehicle. That makes him and the people with him a threat. They weren't prohibited from possessing firearms for no reason.
Old 04-17-2018, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by covey ridge View Post
Please tag me as a pro Crown guy. I have nothing against the Crown. They have a job to do...

Yes, I had you tagged as such.

But I notice some non-prejudice in your posts
eg: no rant on the Stanley verdict.
Old 04-17-2018, 09:46 PM

Quote:

Except he was in the drivers seat.
Old 04-17-2018, 09:48 PM

Quote:
You talk a lot about the people in the car, but don't mention what Bouchie himsef did.

And that's because he did nothing, except get shot.

Is keeping bad company an offense punishable by death?
He was one of a group of armed thieves out committing robbery. Just because he passed out for a time doesn't mean that he was not just as guilty as the rest of the occupants. A loaded firearm being present make the entire group a threat to the public. And he was in control of the vehicle when he was shot. The vehicle itself was the second potential lethal weapon.
Old 04-17-2018, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Myself as well. It's lack causes complication.

He was passed out in the back of his friend's car. While not a healthy lifestyle choice, I don't know it was punishable by death.

(I for one would be dead 5 times over if that were the case!)

I passed out in cars many times. However, none of those cars were filled with my friends bent on committing crimes with loaded firearms.
Old 04-17-2018, 09:49 PM

Quote:

A jury of his peers decided otherwise.

Please hold this tag while I take a pic...
Old 04-17-2018, 09:52 PM

Quote:
I passed out in cars many times. However, none of those cars were filled with my friends bent on committing crimes with loaded firearms.
And he wasn't passed out when he was shot, he was in control of the vehicle, with a loaded firearm within reach, so he had access to two possible lethal weapons
Old 04-17-2018, 09:58 PM

I think that Peter Abelard should stick to 12th century philosophy, theology and logic. Apparently 21st century Canadian laws and verdicts are lost on him.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:01 PM

Quote:
He was one of a group of armed thieves out committing robbery. Just because he passed out for a time doesn't mean that he was not just as guilty as the rest of the occupants.
Sine Mens Rea...
Old 04-17-2018, 10:04 PM
Banned

Quote:

Then obviously this is his "companies" fault, they should be the ones in the news getting their names smeared by the media and their families should be going through the hell that the Stanley's are going through.

Do yourself a favor and look up his Facebook posts, you'll get a real glimpse at your innocent angel. I guarantee that one of the people involved in this incident was a stand up citizen who didn't pride himself on being a menace to society, the other one did.

Last edited by Kurt505; 04-17-2018 at 10:14 PM.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Sine Mens Rea...
Your recent posts on this topic remind me of diahrea.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Then obviously this is his "companies" fault, they should be the ones in the news getting their names smeared by the media and their families should be going through the hell that the Stanley l's are going through.

Do yourself a favor and look up his Facebook posts, you'll get a real glimpse at your innocent angel. I guarantee that one of the people involved in this incident was a stand up citizen who didn't pride himself on being a menace to society, the other one did.
And not one of those occupants in the vehicle was charged with a single offence, despite the multiple criminal acts that they committed.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:11 PM

Quote:
And not one of those occupants in the vehicle was charged with a single offence, despite the multiple criminal acts that they committed.
Why?

The crown traded time for testimony.

We all know that, it was well publicized.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 04-17-2018, 10:13 PM

Quote:

You don't know crap from shinola.

And you sure as hell don't speak for all of us.

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 04-17-2018, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Sine Mens Rea...

When you speak of Sine Mens Rea, are you speaking of Boushie or Stanley? Who was actually more reckless here or had intent?

One has to remember life is about choices,no matter how tragic the result of said choices.

Last edited by HVA7mm; 04-17-2018 at 10:20 PM.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Why?

The crown traded time for testimony.

We all know that, it was well publicized.
The crown traded immunity to a group of drunken/armed thieves, in exchange for the testimony of a group of drunken thieves that lied during their statements. What a great deal.That prosecutor is certainly no genius.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:23 PM

Quote:
The crown traded immunity to a group of drunken/armed thieves, in exchange for the testimony of a group of drunken thieves that lied during their statements. What a great deal.That prosecutor is certainly no genius.
Maybe the prosecutor secretly sided with Stanley? Let the conspiracy theories commence!

Long and short though, the question was answered as to why they were not charged, it was your statement I replied to.

Old 04-17-2018, 10:25 PM

Default Firearms

The criminal code states min 10 yr bans on any criminal firearms offences, it sucks but the courts don't have other options
Closed Thread