Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 09-21-2011, 02:25 PM

[QUOTE=Braun;1087951]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeo2 View Post

I'll buy. I'll even buy you a beer if you'd prefer. Talk it out like people not this internet BS. And that is an open invitation to anyone: Mike, chubbs, Npauls, Kokanee, Overdrawn, anyone.

I'll take a scotch please.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:27 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=Kokanee9;1088038]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braun View Post

I'll take a scotch please.
Deal, you in town friday after work?
Old 09-21-2011, 02:31 PM

[QUOTE=Braun;1088045]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokanee9 View Post

Deal, you in town friday after work?

I'm working today and then off till next wed.

Was going to take my daughter out on the boat on fri because she has no school. Don't know where. Toss up between trying to show her how to use a fly rod for the first time at Kanaskis or going after pike/walleye somewhere.

No ice!
Old 09-21-2011, 02:37 PM

Double rye and coke or beer works for me.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:38 PM

[QUOTE=Braun;1087951]
Quote:

funny mike. you dont know the chit that comes out your mouth. I actually do know my motor very well inside and out. I know damn well over time that I have put enough money into that motor to just go out and pick up a different used one but I have also gained invaluable knowledge by going through that motor. And thanks to that I dont regret it. If I did go out and get another motor, who knows what condition that one is in. could work for a week and then crap out.

Plus I am very proud of what I did with that boat and all the work I have put it. I actually had alot of fun building things in it and working on it.

Had more issues with the motor than when I first thought but whatever. I got to learn alot about rebuilding a motor, how it works, how to adjust things on it. I'd rather do something or be involved in doing something myself anyday that to just say **** it and move on to something else.

And just so you know: my motor troubles: lower leg was ****ed before I got it. and I fixed it and it worked. Then I found a short in the wiring inside the motor that I never touched. It ended up frying a pair of solenoids and my magneto before I found the short (first I thought it was just the solenoid that went. then the second solenoid went at the same time as the magneto), fixed that, then found out that the timing belt had slipped a tooth because the belt was stretched and old. new belt and re-timed the motor and now it is running better than it ever was. Every time I fixed something I had the boat on the water and it ran fine and then I found the next thing. None of the work I have done on it has failed. All issues were pre-existing on the motor already. and now the motor has never run better. also thanks to the mechanic who showed me how to adjust the carbs and explained to me all the various components of a carb and how it works and how to adjust them.

But that's ok. you probably cant see that from your high horse can you? pull your head out of your ass. If you wanna talk chit, address an issue, teach me something about fishing, or even if you wanna talk about fishing, or whatever, lets meet up for a coffee. I'll buy. I'll even buy you a beer if you'd prefer. Talk it out like people not this internet BS. And that is an open invitation to anyone: Mike, chubbs, Npauls, Kokanee, Overdrawn, anyone

I've met many people on here and I can say with confidence that not a single person who has met me will say a single negative thing. If I say I'll buy you a beer then that's what I'll do. It doesn't mean anything else and I'm not trying to look tough on the internet. I'm not trying to be a big guy, I'm short at 5'8 and a buck 75.

If for whatever reason you wont meet up with me to discuss anything, I would prefer if you kept your narrow minded, personal comments against me or anyone else to yourself, thank you. Its a public forum and has no place for someone to run around making personal comments be it about somebodies back issues or someone's intelligence.

How did i get called out in this thread....i havent posted anything.

But what the heck.......isnt calling a person a high horse a little like calling the kettle black , when you say .....................
I've met many people on here and I can say with confidence that not a single person who has met me will say a single negative thing.

just a observation
Old 09-21-2011, 02:56 PM
Banned

i didnt call you out on anything. I was pulling random names expressing that it doesnt matter if its someone who has a beef with me or if they are a new person to the forum whom ive never met. They wanna talk fishing, or about a boat, or about football it doesnt matter.

I am open to anything people may have to say. I will sit and listen. I may dissagree ultimately but I will not invalidate you or your opinion. I may state that I believe you are wrong and we have different opinions but that is the end of that. I wont sit here attack a person just for having that opinion. I definitely do get ****ed when I see someone acting like a clown and making personal statements. And as in this case I may in anger say something back to said person but I dont run around taking shots at people for expressing an opinion on a non-personal topic. I also don't run around posting picture of women in tight clothing or make sexually lude comments because I dont believe that has anything to do with fishing and has no place on a public forum(especially cause I know damn well half the board is made up of under-age individuals). What ****ed me off about mike02 and overdrawn is that instead of discussing just the differences in opinion regarding waterpumps and impellers, they both took a step to take personal shots at people. In my eyes there is no need for that and I will stand up against you for doing something like that. If you dont like someone or have an issue with a person, take it up with them personally or just shut your trap.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
i didnt call you out on anything. I was pulling random names expressing that it doesnt matter if its someone who has a beef with me or if they are a new person to the forum whom ive never met. They wanna talk fishing, or about a boat, or about football it doesnt matter.

I am open to anything people may have to say. I will sit and listen. I may dissagree ultimately but I will not invalidate you or your opinion. I may state that I believe you are wrong and we have different opinions but that is the end of that. I wont sit here attack a person just for having that opinion. I definitely do get ****ed when I see someone acting like a clown and making personal statements. And as in this case I may in anger say something back to said person but I dont run around taking shots at people for expressing an opinion on a non-personal topic. I also don't run around posting picture of women in tight clothing or make sexually lude comments because I dont believe that has anything to do with fishing and has no place on a public forum(especially cause I know damn well half the board is made up of under-age individuals). What ****ed me off about mike02 and overdrawn is that instead of discussing just the differences in opinion regarding waterpumps and impellers, they both took a step to take personal shots at people. In my eyes there is no need for that and I will stand up against you for doing something like that. If you dont like someone or have an issue with a person, take it up with them personally or just shut your trap.
First of all, I made a new rule in the thread, didnt take a shot at you, show me where I used your name in that post. Secondly, it seems you get angry pretty quickly, pent up anger issues from childhood or maybe not being loved by anyone? You know theres people out there that specialize in helping people with that. Thirdly, not everyone that has met you has nice things to say. Fourthly (if thats even a word, Im sure Braun will point it out if its not), Im always up for beer, say Hooters or French Maid? Fifthly, youre right, this is a public message board so I will post whatever smart*ss comments I want, if you dont like it, go somewhere else. Sixthly, I could never get up onto a high horse as Im only 5'7" and 180.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
First of all, I made a new rule in the thread, didnt take a shot at you, show me where I used your name in that post. Secondly, it seems you get angry pretty quickly, pent up anger issues from childhood or maybe not being loved by anyone? You know theres people out there that specialize in helping people with that. Thirdly, not everyone that has met you has nice things to say. Fourthly (if thats even a word, Im sure Braun will point it out if its not), Im always up for beer, say Hooters or French Maid? Fifthly, youre right, this is a public message board so I will post whatever smart*ss comments I want, if you dont like it, go somewhere else. Sixthly, I could never get up onto a high horse as Im only 5'7" and 180.
nice. your good at this play on words thing. Make a statement then coyly slide a shot in there. you've done it a couple times in this thread already. Like really, commenting on my childhood? lol

I never claimed you took a shot at me in your first post. I simply clarified that I do have a working motor for the last 2 years(as per "your rule" although as you pointed out it is a public forum so I am not sure who gave you the divine power to create rules. as you stated "this is a public message board so I will post whatever smart*ss comments I want") and then I discussed my motor a bit. In your next post after that is when you called me out.

I can guarantee that not everyone I have met came away liking me. However the people I have fish with on this forum, I can say with fair confidence that there wouldn't be much negative said about me. If there is then there is alot of two face bs going on because I talk to everyone I have fished with on a regular basis to this day. We may have differences of opinions or stuff like that but who doesn't. So this for one I do not believe you have right to comment on as you have never fished with me and neither as either of your seemingly best friends here on the board.

Hooters or the maid..... now those are two places you will never catch me. sorry. If you want to go for a drink it will not be a place like that. I am against that form of entertainment and fail to see its purpose in society. your opinion may differ from mine about that but I truly don't care.

Take whatever shots you want at me bud. I know who I am and I am not scared to stand upto a punk like you. The people who actually know me know what I am about and the type of person I am and that wont change because big bad mike02 has beef. However, I must say nice work on the "childhood issues" crack. slightly more tastful than a "your mama" joke. I'll give you a slow progressive clap for that.......
Old 09-21-2011, 04:08 PM

Wow,

I thought this thread had fizzled out and was going to disappear but it looks to be alive and not so well again.

To the OP. Let us know how you do with the fall eye fishing this year. Can't wait to see some pics of the pigs you get into.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
depending on how high your pump sits, when the boat is plained out, the pump can be above water. so long as the chamber below the cavitation plate is full and getting adequate water.

Try out what i said sometime or dont I really dont give a ****.

I agree. when your motor is down in the water, the pump is fully submerged but that is not what I am talking about
You can't start your motor with your boat up on plane when it goes up on plane the pump is already pumping water
Old 09-21-2011, 04:38 PM

Quote:
nice. your good at this play on words thing. Make a statement then coyly slide a shot in there. you've done it a couple times in this thread already. Like really, commenting on my childhood? lol

I never claimed you took a shot at me in your first post. I simply clarified that I do have a working motor for the last 2 years(as per "your rule" although as you pointed out it is a public forum so I am not sure who gave you the divine power to create rules. as you stated "this is a public message board so I will post whatever smart*ss comments I want") and then I discussed my motor a bit. In your next post after that is when you called me out.

I can guarantee that not everyone I have met came away liking me. However the people I have fish with on this forum, I can say with fair confidence that there wouldn't be much negative said about me. If there is then there is alot of two face bs going on because I talk to everyone I have fished with on a regular basis to this day. We may have differences of opinions or stuff like that but who doesn't. So this for one I do not believe you have right to comment on as you have never fished with me and neither as either of your seemingly best friends here on the board.

Hooters or the maid..... now those are two places you will never catch me. sorry. If you want to go for a drink it will not be a place like that. I am against that form of entertainment and fail to see its purpose in society. your opinion may differ from mine about that but I truly don't care.

Take whatever shots you want at me bud. I know who I am and I am not scared to stand upto a punk like you. The people who actually know me know what I am about and the type of person I am and that wont change because big bad mike02 has beef. However, I must say nice work on the "childhood issues" crack. slightly more tastful than a "your mama" joke. I'll give you a slow progressive clap for that.......
You just posted the opposite.
Braun i dont care what you do with your boat.
But your the one openly posting what you dont like about everyone posts.......You obviously didnt pick my name at random, your following posts prove that.
Your so concerned about the young people
Maybe teach young people NOT to run a light to avoid getting rear ended
Maybe teach beer and boats dont belong together.
Or on a fishing note....wind and walleyes dont work well
See we can all play your game
Your high GOD world has some unusual principles.
I can promise you everyone i have met doesnt come away liking me.....i just hope 80 percent of them dont want to kill me. Im thankfull to the many that re invite me to lunch regularly.
I can garantee....everyone you have met doesnt think your flawless.

Im done in this thread...the standards are too high for me.

Good luck with your boat and your fishing
Old 09-21-2011, 04:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsetrader View Post
You can't start your motor with your boat up on plane when it goes up on plane the pump is already pumping water
really? didnt know that
Old 09-21-2011, 05:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
You just posted the opposite.
Braun i dont care what you do with your boat.
But your the one openly posting what you dont like about everyone posts.......You obviously didnt pick my name at random, your following posts prove that.
Your so concerned about the young people
Maybe teach young people NOT to run a light to avoid getting rear ended
Maybe teach beer and boats dont belong together.
Or on a fishing note....wind and walleyes dont work well
See we can all play your game
Your high GOD world has some unusual principles.
I can promise you everyone i have met doesnt come away liking me.....i just hope 80 percent of them dont want to kill me. Im thankfull to the many that re invite me to lunch regularly.
I can garantee....everyone you have met doesnt think your flawless.

Im done in this thread...the standards are too high for me.

Good luck with your boat and your fishing

lol. look at you getting all into details. If you actually read what i have posted i said the people i have fished with from this forum. I can guarantee that some people who have met me didn't like me. I know this because I didn't like them and didnt give them the time of day. However the people I have fished with on this forum.... thats a different story. If you read my post, those are the people I am referring too.

your little list of my things....... I didn't ever encourage people to do it. I said I understand that in some situation extenuating circumstances may cause people to take certain actions. some make different decisions than others.IE the red light. Personally, If I can see a person comming up on me with his head down, not paying attention, I would gladly pay a traffic ticket than sit in a hospital bed...... lol you good with word play too. still working on the interpretation skills when it comes to jokes though......

And actually think what you want but I did pick your name at random. I picked the names that came to my head the quickest. I wanted to state some people who I have agreed and or dissagreed with in the past. i fish with nate and kokanee a few times each year. guys I would call friends. I have never fished with you, mike, trader. I was only only listing names to as part of a statement saying I don't care if I know you, Never met you, Or we have butted heads before, I am open to talking to you. If you choose to interpret that in your own way then that is your decision. I am not usre what in my following posts proved about me calling your name........ but ok.

HA! If ANYONE thinks im flawless I'd be pretty flattered. Never have I stated that people would think that way or that I even think that way. Because I am not and usually I am often first in line to admit wrong. I have done it before. even on this board. I admit something Im wrong about almost every day I am sure.

twist and misinterpret my words how you want. Like I said if you have an issue, send me a message, and we can go over it over a beer.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:34 PM

WHERE IS MY SCOTCH?

No ice.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
WHERE IS MY SCOTCH?

No ice.
Dude, it's the beginning of cognac and tawny port season.

I know a bit about motors but at sea level,,, I cleaned and flushed my motor but still notice salt crystals and this after two years of last using it (sold the boat was going to buy another for the motor and now it just sits on it's stand),, are the crystals more cosmetic???? should I take it in for a pro-flush and check up???
Old 09-21-2011, 07:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
depending on how high your pump sits, when the boat is plained out, the pump can be above water. so long as the chamber below the cavitation plate is full and getting adequate water.

I agree. when your motor is down in the water, the pump is fully submerged but that is not what I am talking about
Quote:
Quote:
really? didnt know that
I'm sorry you were the one that brought up the statement of the boat being up on plane which had nothing to do with what we were talking about.
and if you really want to know anyone who runs his motor in a tub with water just covering the cavitation plate is asking for the same problems as the person that turns his motor over dry. your motor should be in enough water to flood the pump box so impeller is already in water or a set of muffs that force feel the pump box water. so i would suggest if you don't know don't post that you do. The damage to the impeller happens as SOON as the impeller is turned with no water in the pump box.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:03 PM
Banned

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
really? didnt know that
I'm sorry you were the one that brought up the statement of the boat being up on plane which had nothing to do with what we were talking about.
and if you really want to know anyone who runs his motor in a tub with water just covering the cavitation plate is asking for the same problems as the person that turns his motor over dry. your motor should be in enough water to flood the pump box so impeller is already in water or a set of muffs that force feel the pump box water. so i would suggest if you don't know don't post that you do. The damage to the impeller happens as SOON as the impeller is turned with no water in the pump box.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
I think Braun may have wanted to say trim as opposed to plane,,, considering the heat of the later parts of the thread it's easy to see how articulating a thought could get lost in translation. BTW this has to be the most obtuse thread's to go into a full on war of words.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Hooters or the maid..... now those are two places you will never catch me. sorry. If you want to go for a drink it will not be a place like that. I am against that form of entertainment and fail to see its purpose in society.
Now who's on their high horse? Did your ex-girlfriend leave you for a stripper is that why you have something against them?

Why dont you post a thread asking if anyone wants to go fishing with you and see how many replies you get again. How was that lethbridge fishing trip by the way?
Old 09-24-2011, 07:33 PM

Quote:
For some reason, I thought you had one. I don't have one and don't plan on getting one.
I was just curious how they differed compared to an outboard.
Hey Kokanee! I just winterized my boat and put it in storage last week. Earliest I've ever done. Next time you should swing by and help me winterize it so you can see the process of winterizing an I/O.

There are 2 hoses in my carb engine that allows me to drain the raw water for cooling in the engine. It essentially helps with extending the season when it cools in Oct/Nov. You are correct with it designd to use gravity to help it drain.

This is what I do to winterize my stern drive
1) top off the fuel
2) add fuel stabilizer
3) warm up engine with muffs
4) change engine oil and filter
5) fog the engine.
6) lower the leg and drain off raw water
7) fill up engine with plumbing antifreeze

I haven't changed the gear lube in the leg yet. Although its recommended in case you have water in there which will freeze.

Hope you're doing well
Old 09-24-2011, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SushiUnagi View Post
Hey Kokanee! I just winterized my boat and put it in storage last week. Earliest I've ever done. Next time you should swing by and help me winterize it so you can see the process of winterizing an I/O.

There are 2 hoses in my carb engine that allows me to drain the raw water for cooling in the engine. It essentially helps with extending the season when it cools in Oct/Nov. You are correct with it designd to use gravity to help it drain.

This is what I do to winterize my stern drive
1) top off the fuel
2) add fuel stabilizer
3) warm up engine with muffs
4) change engine oil and filter
5) fog the engine.
6) lower the leg and drain off raw water
7) fill up engine with plumbing antifreeze

I haven't changed the gear lube in the leg yet. Although its recommended in case you have water in there which will freeze.

Hope you're doing well
I would like to see how its done sometime. You could still change the lower oil if you have the battery in still.

Best friend died accidentally beginning of august and for a month or so, didn't feel like doing too much on here, on the water, anywhere. Pretty much recovered from it now I guess. I was wondering how you made out fishing after I called the last time. The boat is still running fine with no problems all season and going out tomorrow again. Hopefully you can make it out before the boat season ends. If not, maybe go ice fishing and you can show me a few things!
Old 09-25-2011, 08:48 AM

Default Fyi

I picked up a can of seafoam yesterday at Wallmart. I think it was $10 or $11.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:40 AM

One thing I noticed with my older 115 hp merc is after it drains when in the lowered position I would raise it and lower it again and a little more water would come out. So I suggest a person raises and lower the the motor a few times, also rotate it from side to side in the up position then lower. There may be a couple of cavities in side that may have a small amount of water in them and this will help to drain the water out. All engines may not be the same tho. Have never found water in the oil. I have turned my motor over out of the water more than a few times and have never had a problem with damage, I would never start it tho. My motor is a 1979 115 merc and it still runs great with about ( just a guess ) 3000 hrs on it, hard hrs pulling skiers and tubes. Have allways put a tiny bit of oil in the cyliders and turned it over a few times to spread it before winter storage. Hard to start in the spring but still very strong and once it does its good to go for another summer. Thinking tho it might finally be time to change the impeller after over 30 years.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:36 PM

Gonna have to put a face on a milk carton soon
Old 10-01-2011, 12:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
Gonna have to put a face on a milk carton soon
I don't understand how this freeze protects a motor can you detail this method?