Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleyes View Post
But you will kill it and keep it right,, cause that's the law and yer right,, the lake and the species be damned,, cause that's yer right..

Intelligence like a rock some people I tell yah,, like a rock..
Hey walleyes
U should have stuck to your apology, i was actually thinking it was sincere
Was I dead wrong, go internet bully someone else
Go save a walleyes

Nikon
Old 01-31-2013, 04:09 PM

[QUOTE=Walleyes;1828474]But you will kill it and keep it right,, cause that's the law and yer right,, the lake and the species be damned,, cause that's yer right..

Intelligence like a rock some people I tell yah,, like a rock..[/QUOTE UOTEQUOTE]

You sir are quite a specimen one of those country guys that thinks that if you live close to the lake you have more rights and the ability to give someone the gears cause they catch and keep a big fish. I hope that lake gets fished out and then dries up so you can keep all the dust to yourself. Instead of being an arm chair biologist tie yourself to a tree and quit posting your non sense.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:14 PM
Banned

Well now here yah go.. You can't talk about conservation on a pic post,, can't talk about it on a post about posting about conservation..

Boy I really got to go read the guide lines on Internet forum use,, wouldn't want to voice an opinion that goes against the grain..

Carry on kids,, kill away..

Just faded old pictures,,, just faded old pictures..
Old 01-31-2013, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Well now here yah go.. You can't talk about conservation on a pic post,, can't talk about it on a post about posting about conservation..

Boy I really got to go read the guide lines on Internet forum use,, wouldn't want to voice an opinion that goes against the grain..

Get some help buddy,

Nikon
Old 01-31-2013, 04:19 PM

Quote:

Bud like I said shouldn't you be hugging a tree and while you're doing it leave your phone at home.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:24 PM

Quote:

This bright orange on your avatar confuses me
Can't see what are you doing, but hope you are not contemplating to harm some defenseless creature there
Old 01-31-2013, 04:29 PM
Banned

Lol,, this place is a blast,, way to easy..
Old 01-31-2013, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak-71 View Post
This bright orange on your avatar confuses me
Can't see what are you doing, but hope you are not contemplating to harm some defenseless creature there
LOL
I hope he aint hunting moose in Alberta where the population is suffering
That would just be wrong, killing a mature breeding bull ?....or is he after a cow that may have spawned twins possibly..... even though they have offered tags on a draw i hope he ate his and saved another moose or maybe 2 or 3.....
Some guys just don't get it, I'm sure if Cold lake is suffering from lack of fish they would close it to sport fishing..... jmho
You better explain your avatar, with full details
Nikon
Old 01-31-2013, 04:36 PM

What I don't get is how people that have never fished the lake can sit back an cry about killing it. In my opinion cold lake is better for trout now than ever.
It used to be netted for white fish and seasons closed because of too many trout being netted. Now it's traps instead of nets and I have noticed a huge difference in the amount of trout I catch. At least in the summer I can catch them winter I still struggle lol. Some of the ones making the most stink about keeping fish are guilty themselves.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:39 PM
Banned

...trouble ahead, trouble behind...
Old 01-31-2013, 04:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
What place are you refering too?????

I assume that magical neverland in ur head!?!?!?!?!?!?!

What colour is the sky in your world bro???
Old 01-31-2013, 04:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Taylor View Post
What I don't get is how people that have never fished the lake can sit back an cry about killing it. In my opinion cold lake is better for trout now than ever.
It used to be netted for white fish and seasons closed because of too many trout being netted. Now it's traps instead of nets and I have noticed a huge difference in the amount of trout I catch. At least in the summer I can catch them winter I still struggle lol. Some of the ones making the most stink about keeping fish are guilty themselves.
What's wrong with keeping fish anyway??...luv eatin em ever since I was a lil gaffer and will continue to do so. Harvest is goooooood
Old 01-31-2013, 04:58 PM

The only problem I got with keeping one is when I can't catch them.
I'm not big on catch an release. I like to catch my meal then quit fishing but that's just my way. I'm not going to harp on the guys catching and throwing back all day either. I respect their style and they should respect mine as both are legal.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Taylor View Post
The only problem I got with keeping one is when I can't catch them.
I'm not big on catch an release. I like to catch my meal then quit fishing but that's just my way. I'm not going to harp on the guys catching and throwing back all day either. I respect their style and they should respect mine as both are legal.
Agreed, and i am sure occasionaly you catch a large fish of whatever species you are fishing for, keeping fish never hurt nobody.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:14 PM

Ok first a few things .... The OP or pic poster is NOT the fisherman .... Clear?

Second much more was discussed than just cold lake it was the overall poor state of our fishery.
It's not about keeping fish or shooting a big game animal (which is just a silly comparison) it's about what fish are kept .... Crap happens fish big and small die from a fight. Whatever circumstance are around the fish in the picture doesn't matter. In general Alberta has minimum size limits on many lake that force anglers if they want a fish for the table to take a larger breeding fish, it seems backwards.

Lets face Walleyes and I haven't always seen eye to eye but many comments made to him are childish and rude.

How some class guys try and have an educated discussion.
I'm sure we all agree that the other thread got derailed and I had my part in that ..... It happened now its done.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:17 PM

Quote:

Kill away, now you are turning a debate into i am losing so now I will lash out and get ignorant, the fish was dieing and he was well within his rights to keep it, just as you are well within your rights to release it. No need to call people who keep fish killers, we are just outdoorsman enjoying the outdoors and having a good feeding now and then. I do like the comments on your avatar though, surely you are calling and watching not shooting RIGHT.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:23 PM
Banned

Dear mods,

Why does this continue?
Old 01-31-2013, 05:27 PM

It helps keep them out of the other threads
Old 01-31-2013, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
Dear mods,

Why does this continue?
X2
This is getting a little old guys.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:38 PM

Default I Think

If you ask me what think , I .........sorry my mom says I have too get

Off the computer now.......
Old 01-31-2013, 05:46 PM

Default Walleyes

I can somewhat understand your stance on the preservation of the state of
the Cold Lake fishery, as well as your opinionated views of how "outsiders" are to blame for the demise of others in your neck of the woods(the Waiu thread)
You tend to preach all this BS about how everybody is the cause for certain fisheries' collapse and that how protecting the future of the fishery is of primary
concern, blah, blah....

I ask then if you are so against keeping a perfectly legal fish, or fishing in "your" area....why do you "proudly" show otherwise in the PICTURES thread that you caught in somebody elses back yard.......l don't believe we here in central/northern Alberta are blessed with salmon, halibut, or cod. you appear to be very pleased with your catch...By the way the minimum size for the salmon would have been considerably smaller than the one you proudly display.
Why wasn't a prime spawner released and you keep smaller fish.

Isn't this hypocrisy ????? Or are we just enjoying what we are legally entitled to????
Old 01-31-2013, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickfloat View Post
I can somewhat understand your stance on the preservation of the state of
the Cold Lake fishery, as well as your opinionated views of how "outsiders" are to blame for the demise of others in your neck of the woods(the Waiu thread)
You tend to preach all this BS about how everybody is the cause for certain fisheries' collapse and that how protecting the future of the fishery is of primary
concern, blah, blah....

I ask then if you are so against keeping a perfectly legal fish, or fishing in "your" area....why do you "proudly" show otherwise in the PICTURES thread that you caught in somebody elses back yard.......l don't believe we here in central/northern Alberta are blessed with salmon, halibut, or cod. you appear to be very pleased with your catch...By the way the minimum size for the salmon would have been considerably smaller than the one you proudly display.
Why wasn't a prime spawner released and you keep smaller fish.

Isn't this hypocrisy ????? Or are we just enjoying what we are legally entitled to????
Great point, well said
Old 01-31-2013, 06:11 PM
Gone Hunting

Default Message board rules

Since it seems that some of you, well one of you, haven't read the rules Rob set out, or have forgotten them and it seems that you are reading this thread, read this.

To quote Rob Miskosky.
Quote:
Please use common courtesy and respect to other message board users.
You do know who Rob Miskosky is don't you?

Prejudging what someone might do is total disrespect towards that person and towards all members of this site and towards Rob himself. It's his site and his rules. Likewise with putting words in other peoples mouths.

By ignoring HIS Rules you are saying that you are better then he is and/or have more rights on this site then he does.

It seems that some folks have gotten the idea that we moderators make up the rules on the fly. That we are on some sort of personal mission.

If you were to read the rules, you might discover that we are trying to carry out Rob's wishes for this site.

Yes that's right, it's Rob who made the rules and Rob who set up this site for your enjoyment, and you abuse it.

It really is embarrassing, and I feel bad for him. Seeing His generosity so disrespected.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:21 PM

Great question Having said that, what is being discussed is much of what the intial thread was attesting too, so get it out of your system , not a free for all, respectful and within forum rules.

For new threads, I have made myself clear, so feel free to take me for a test drive, but i wont be buying and a few may decide to vacation for a while. Be forewarned, this isnt lip service. We are all for great discussion, differing of opinions and thoughts in respectful ways and talk about issues that threaten our fishery and most importantly sharing in our passions of fishing BUT do it respectfully, in the right threads, no more derailing......

Look forward to reading all posts here in the fishing forum and making this a better fishing forum in 2013

p.s using profanity or asterisks or particial cursing is considered inappropriate, one does not need to do this to articulate their views or opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
Dear mods,

Why does this continue?
Old 01-31-2013, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhawk View Post
Alberta Bigbore: I do not understand why you would post this. The OP may not be the best speller. I believe that Baptiste Moose intentionally substituted "really" for "rely" to make some fun. It really does not matter. I think there should be no tolerance for members who criticize a post because of grammer and spelling. We have members that have a wealth of information about hunting, fishing and trapping but their writing ability may not be the best. I don't care how they put it down. I want the benefit of their wisdom and knowledge. If this school teacher type nonsence keeps up, you can bet many of those guys will be shy to contribute.
You need to give it a rest.. its just a joke between people who knwo each other.

But yes... Im always on AO grammar police butts... the see you on friday should have been your first clue
Old 01-31-2013, 06:31 PM

Quote:
And you started out so well after your return....... Sigh.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:36 PM

^^^in regards to my last post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pincherguy View Post
X 100, no need for bs responses from those who think they are better than someone else.
PG
Same goes for you....

But anyways.. this thread is beyond saving. Nice to see everyone get along.