Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-25-2008, 08:05 PM

Default tundra- c&r on fish

tundra.....i as well c&r.almost everything i catch but why u so hard on everyone else??if they choose to keep a fish of allowable size so be it....just becouse its your thoughts that all big ones be released dosent mean we all have to....i too have some opinions about how things should be done but i keep those to myself, who are we to judge people loving the outdoors we are here to support them...
rob
Old 03-25-2008, 08:20 PM
TundraBuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearbait View Post
tundra.....i as well c&r.almost everything i catch but why u so hard on everyone else??if they choose to keep a fish of allowable size so be it....just becouse its your thoughts that all big ones be released dosent mean we all have to....i too have some opinions about how things should be done but i keep those to myself, who are we to judge people loving the outdoors we are here to support them...
rob
But we are also here to conserve for future generations bud.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:24 PM

Then you should stop preaching to the public and go to a higher source. Do the research, present the facts in a professional way and maybe you might get the regs changed.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearbait View Post
rob
X2 thx bear...
Old 03-25-2008, 09:44 PM
TundraBuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanGSP View Post
Then you should stop preaching to the public and go to a higher source. Do the research, present the facts in a professional way and maybe you might get the regs changed.
Ryan, one person is going to make a difference.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:45 PM

Not if you think like that it isnt. But your probably not the only one.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:47 PM
TundraBuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanGSP View Post
Not if you think like that it isnt. But your probably not the only one.
I have written Ted Morton twice with no response. As well I have spoken with some fisheries biologists about the matter. Refer to lethalconnection's post about fishing regs and it pretty well sums up what we should do in terms of conservation.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:52 PM

Phone his office Ill get the number from my mother as she works for the government.Id go further up my family knows the stelmach family quite well , send a letter to Eddys office too , he will kick morton in the arse to get him in gear .

Last edited by BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES; 03-25-2008 at 09:58 PM.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:56 PM

http://www.srd.alberta.ca/, Ill post the phone number to this . once we get it . My mother says she gotta look on there internal database , and will get me the number and name of the deputy minister. And phone number of there office .
Old 03-25-2008, 09:56 PM
TundraBuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBADJOHN View Post
Phone his office Ill get the number from my mother as she works for the government.
I will but I expect to talk to some secretary, leave a message, and never have it returned like the way it works with most gov't agencies.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:08 PM

Legislature Offices

Legislature Office
TBA

Phone: N/A
Fax: N/A
Constituency Offices

Constituency Office
P.O. Box 69
2115 - 2nd Avenue
Fort Macleod, AB
Canada T0L 0Z0
Phone: (403) 553-2400
Toll-Free: 1-800-565-0962
Fax: (403) 553-2133

AND ALSO THE PERSON EMAIL OF TED MORTON
TED.MORTON@GOV.AB.CA
AND MR STELMACH
ED.STELMAC@GOV.AB.CA
I HOPE THIS INFO HELPS AND MY MOTHER SAYS ITS A RULE THERE SAPOST TO RESPOND TO YOUR LETTER, SO ID GO TO STELMACH IF MORTON ISNT RESPONDING TO YOU .
Old 03-25-2008, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TundraBuck View Post
I will but I expect to talk to some secretary, leave a message, and never have it returned like the way it works with most gov't agencies.

you sound like you've given up already ----- at least in this e-mail
Old 03-25-2008, 10:16 PM

exactly and to his personal e mail box not this sexitary or whoever
Old 03-25-2008, 10:18 PM

Hey Tundra how bout you SHUT UP .... ha ha no just playing you know i love you.......but seriously

AKA MAVERICK
Old 03-25-2008, 10:44 PM
KyleM

Someone needs to say something......

Like I said, just because its legal dosnt mean we should just
keep on doing it.

If you guys could only see the end result.
Things are extremely backwards here.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:45 PM

Default Great Info

Great Info BIGBADJOHN
Old 03-25-2008, 10:49 PM

Default To Lighten ****e up a bit Here is my last trip fly fishing to Cuba

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI17VTOj5sA
Old 03-25-2008, 10:51 PM

Default Second last trip to Cuba fly fishing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tEflbQAPDg
Old 03-25-2008, 10:53 PM

hahahaha gotta love insider information.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:23 PM
TundraBuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleM View Post
Someone needs to say something......

Like I said, just because its legal dosnt mean we should just
keep on doing it.

If you guys could only see the end result.
Things are extremely backwards here.
You're right KyleM, this is going to happen soon. And everyone will be complaining to the government that they should have done something about it, well STEP UP NOW and it won't happen. Here's to Alberta's Fisheries if we don't do something about it soon.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:26 PM

I know I have said some things over the past week against Tundra, but I feel his intentions are definitely good. The problem is in the delivery, he hangs his curveball . When you are dealing with peolple, especially younger ones, it is best to say as many positive things as possible. That way when it comes time to say something negative they will listen to you. If you start communicating with someone and start with negativity the will probably tell you to go *^%&* yourself.
Biggest problem with open forums is people seem to be willing to express their anger. But can't find the time to tell someone "goodjob". That is why there is one board that is so much better than the others.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:28 PM

well write up a petition and get guys and gals to sing it and ill come stand out side the legislature with fishing rod in hand and petition our right for change.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:55 PM

I do not agree with the fisheries management on many waterbodies in the province, and from fishing in other provinces I see many other approaches working there that may work just as well here. I don't want to get into the controversy, but buying your fishing license give you the right to keep fish if you want, and not to if you so wish. I fish as much as anybody on this board, and I hardly keep any, but if others want to who am I to judge how they enjoy the resource? Chris K
Old 03-26-2008, 12:34 AM

Tundra buck, the people you have written emails to are hoping you are just venting, don't take no for an answer and you may find your voice means something!
Old 03-26-2008, 12:33 PM

Default !!!

TUNDRA,
you are being hypocritical in several ways;
first, with a handle like "tundrabuck" i'm betting you blast holes into many, many deers per year.
so it's ok to off mamals but not fish???
second, if you were really worried about the fish stocks, you wouldn't fish at all ever!!!
it's impossible to fish for a day without stressing and injuring a few fish.
all hooks injure fish. be it a cut in the lip or a damaged gill, or a mortally swallowed hook and every time you fight a fish, you stress and exhaust it.
sounds like you either have to quit fishing and hunting completely or quit preaching to law abiding people who are doing the same thing you are...killing wildlife for consumption.
my $0.02. gw
Old 03-26-2008, 02:44 PM

wow...tundra not pokin at you but was stating my opinion tryin not to steal other threads...i agree to some extent with you as well...but.....i like to keep the odd big one as well...im not always going to let a 6 pound rainbow go or a 10 pound walleye, not to mention a 30 pound jack.....you se what im getting at...lets just leave our best comments when we are lucky enough to see others pics....if you want change alberta fish and game ass. is great way to make a differance...we got the age to hunt with rifle lowered....finaly....
rob
Old 03-26-2008, 02:48 PM

Im with ya there a 110 %
Old 03-26-2008, 03:01 PM
Gone Hunting

Tundra, Kylem, i hear ya......Before coming onto this forum a couple years ago, i tried hard to explain these very things to my friends and acquaintences. We have to push the envelope on this one, even if its just how we do things when we are in the outdoors. It angers me as well that everything ive done in the last 5 years, for example, practicing C&R, not enjoying a winter pike in the pan etc, can be trumped in one day by a group of half a dozen clowns out to "fill the larder". Ive witnessed guys at late ice slamming big hens, and the first thing you will see come out is the club.....Its sad. They dont realize, afew guys who really know what they are doing, can LEGALLY knock one of our lakes on its azz for years by removing these big fish. These are predators, they are supposed to have the lowest numbers in the system, but by over harvest of big ones, weve stunted most pike fisheries, and flooded them with small fish. Our lakes will never produce the fish of the past. My only prayr when i finished getting an azz chewing like you are getting now, is that these are all old fisherman posting, and hopefully these attitudes are gonna die with them soon.

keep a strain on er.
Old 03-26-2008, 03:15 PM

Default !!!

kinda like you guys shallowing the whitetail gene pool by killing all the biggest bucks hey????
Old 03-26-2008, 03:24 PM
Gone Hunting

Nope, Totally different thing all together. These big fish are needed to regulate the entire fishery. They maintain a balance and on a C&R trophy pike fishery, you have a healthy balance. These big fish will keep their own in check including everything else. No question about the fact that they are valuable as spawners. The big w/t your talking about arent spreading any genes they didnt spread when they were breeding as pups still wet behind the ears. Besides, when those guys get that big, for the most part, their role in that department is pretty much over. They are getting their azzes kicked by 5.5 year olds in their prime. Your comparing apples to oranges here.....These fisheries are very vulnerable. Its high time afew people started to at least acknowledge that fact.

keep a strain on er.