Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 01:00 PM

Default Embarassing

In regards to the Cold Lake thread. I just took the hour to read it and what a joke. Many of you should be emberrased. This fishing section is a joke like many have stated. I have seen it 1st hand now. I'm ashamed to call myself an "Alberta Outdoorsman" today. I have 400 posts and I bet 300 of them are " nice fish", " congrats" , " good for you" and " beauty.". Some of you should try it once in awhile. Notice how you almost never see long standing members in the fishing discussion. Just emberassing!!!!!!

Savage LTWT Hunter 111 - 6.5x284 Norma
Old 01-30-2013, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baptiste_moose View Post
In regards to the Cold Lake thread. I just took the hour to read it and what a joke. Many of you should be emberrased. This fishing section is a joke like many have stated. I have seen it 1st hand now. I'm ashamed to call myself an "Alberta Outdoorsman" today. I have 400 posts and I bet 300 of them are " nice fish", " congrats" , " good for you" and " beauty.". Some of you should try it once in awhile. Notice how you almost never see long standing members in the fishing discussion. Just emberassing!!!!!!
Nice post, not sure why you wasted one your valuable posts, but good for you!
Old 01-30-2013, 01:10 PM

they are everywhere .. just circling
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBUTproQ-GQ
Old 01-30-2013, 01:12 PM

Not sure what took you so long only 2 posts, and dont see what was wrong in them.

But do hope you have a better day.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:37 PM

Quote:
I am personally embarrassed that you do not know how to spell embarrassed.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Not sure of the point of your post? I enjoy seeing the pictures that are posted....are you "Embarrassed" that people comment on the pics?
Old 01-30-2013, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevwood View Post
Not sure of the point of your post? I enjoy seeing the pictures that are posted....are you "Embarrassed" that people comment on the pics?
Its cause most of the comments were from self righteous *****s that spend their time being an arm Chair biologist instead of fishing. That is why he is embarrassed and it's true if someone catches a nice fish and want to keep that's awesome beautiful memories right there last time I checked this is a free country so that is why people are ashamed cause there are just to many egotistical *****s that have nothing better to do then complain if you don't believe me read the posts.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crf250xtom View Post
Its cause most of the comments were from self righteous *****s that spend their time being an arm Chair biologist instead of fishing. That is why he is embarrassed and it's true if someone catches a nice fish and want to keep that's awesome beautiful memories right there last time I checked this is a free country so that is why people are ashamed cause there are just to many egotistical *****s that have nothing better to do then complain if you don't believe me read the posts.
Yes last time I checked this is a free country so that's why people post there own opinions on a matter. I don't think they are arm chair biologists they have just seen good lakes year after year be depleted and that is there biggest concern and then speak there mind about it. Sometimes it comes out in rude manner but I think out of all the posts only a couple were actually rude. Just remember it is a free country so people are going to speak there minds.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacenbeers View Post
I don't think this is fair. My regular hunting buddy is a Polish immigrant. He learned English after coming to Canada about twenty years ago. He speaks the language well and has a good vocabulary. He, however, does not write English well. I would hate to think that if he posted on this site he would be criticized for his spelling and/or grammer. Also, many of the members on this site have been a long time out of school and in jobs that do not require them to use writing skills. Surely, guys like that should be able to have their say on here without worrying whether they are going to be attacked because of their spelling.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:11 PM

I don't quite follow..... Are you looking for people to be more complimentary to one another? Less about fish biology, more about fish tips and sharing?

I know I joined because I want to learn more about every type of fish in Alberta and how to catch them. I provide insight when I have it, though it isn't often.

I get that you want to give everyone a thumbs up on their fish, and that really is great. But this cannot simply be about your desire to see nothing but threads about posting a fish picture and awaiting kudos. There's a thread specifically for that.

I'm no old hand here, obviously, but if you are going to complain I believe you should clearly outline what is wrong, what is right, and how to shift the power back to where you want it.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhawk View Post
I don't think this is fair. My regular hunting buddy is a Polish immigrant. He learned English after coming to Canada about twenty years ago. He speaks the language well and has a good vocabulary. He, however, does not write English well. I would hate to think that if he posted on this site he would be criticized for his spelling and/or grammer. Also, many of the members on this site have been a long time out of school and in jobs that do not require them to use writing skills. Surely, guys like that should be able to have their say on here without worrying whether they are going to be attacked because of their spelling.
+1
Just because you can spell better does not make everything your say or think better. Well put waterhawk. I'm proud of my English and I owe it to my immigrant parents (who cannot spell well) for putting me through school, not because I'm an inherently better person than them.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:17 PM
Banned

whats the big deal? i also thought some of the posts were pointless or off base but at the same time some were thought provoking. i esp. wonder about the effects on a fish when it is caught 100 feet deep, brought to the surface then released. can't help but think that it must really harm the fish no matter how quickly or gently you put it back.

like all threads you have to seperate the wheat from the chaff and not everyone agrees about anything, but they have a right to express their opinion.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:31 PM

While I agree that some of the "educational" posts were ridiculous in that cold lake thread....

Literally no good can come from this...
Old 01-30-2013, 02:32 PM

If you want to get cut down or crapped on this is the site to come to for fishing and hunting pretty pathetic thats why i don't post anymore
Old 01-30-2013, 02:33 PM

you should rename the thread cold lake part 2
Old 01-30-2013, 02:53 PM

I am Emberassed also that I don't know how to spell embarrassed. I can always really on everyone on AO to set me straight. hahaha. No better way to have proven my point. You guys rule!!

Savage LTWT Hunter 111 - 6.5x284 Norma
Old 01-30-2013, 02:53 PM

Actually, I didn't like the original post, but I have to agree about selfrighteous *****s part. (how ever it is spelt in English). It's free country, so:
I think it should be prohibited to bash people for legal actions, unless you are qualified - then you take actions to change the regulations. And working in somewhat related field or taking some classes long time ago doesn't count. And BS about "ethical" part is just that - BS.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:55 PM
Banned

It's a gong show both ways.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:10 PM

After all, this is a forum... People are free to speak their minds here.

However, I do see a lot of criticizing and bashing these days. Some deserved, some not.

Welcome to the forum...
Old 01-30-2013, 04:19 PM

I think what is trying to be said is if people are posting photo's, feel free to comment away, it is always nice to share our passions with others who have the same interest, ie fellow fishermen. BUT if someone decides to derail by suggesting their personal preferences, ethics or start quoting regulations when in fact it was not requested or had absolutely nothing to do with the Ops original thread, refrain.

If someone feels the need or wishes to discuss those topics, create your own thread and have at it within forum rules, not in someone elses thread unsolicited.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarplayingfish View Post
After all, this is a forum... People are free to speak their minds here.

However, I do see a lot of criticizing and bashing these days. Some deserved, some not.
Welcome to the forum...
My momma done gone told me that if I don't got nuttin' good to say, dont say nuttin' at all....... And that life is like a box of chocolates.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkslayer132 View Post
If you want to get cut down or crapped on this is the site to come to for fishing and hunting pretty pathetic thats why i don't post anymore
Don't post anymore what?
Old 01-30-2013, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacklerunner View Post
My momma done gone told me that if I don't got nuttin' good to say, dont say nuttin' at all....... And that life is like a box of chocolates.
Ya dant practice dat wit me na do ya
Old 01-30-2013, 04:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Shooter View Post
I think what is trying to be said is if people are posting photo's, feel free to comment away, it is always nice to share our passions with others who have the same interest, ie fellow fishermen. BUT if someone decides to derail by suggesting their personal preferences, ethics or start quoting regulations when in fact it was not requested or had absolutely nothing to do with the Ops original thread, refrain.

If someone feels the need or wishes to discuss those topics, create your own thread and have at it within forum rules, not in someone elses thread unsolicited.
Absolutely.

On other forums derailment like that would be managed by the moderators.

Discussions regarding fisheries management, ethics, and how I am a fishing purist after someone had posted a photo would be found to be off topic. Posts would be deleted and replaced by a mod stating, "stay on topic, if you want to discuss your personal views start another thread".
Old 01-30-2013, 05:16 PM

I would say bunch of kindergartens on that "Cold Lake thread"

Its indeed embarrassing

Last edited by Fil_Can_Yakker; 01-30-2013 at 05:23 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Shooter View Post

X2 exactly what I was trying to say in the cold lake thread. I have no problem with people expressing their opinions just do it on the right thread or create your own.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:21 PM

First off get some thicker skin...if you can't handle an internet forum then the world will chew you up.

The post in question was a joke from the beginning it wasnt the fisherman who caught the fish that asked for the picture to be posted.

The post was without depth and just said 32lb fish taken from cold lake on such and such a day.

So to say this thread even got derailed is a little far fetched because it was pointless from the start ....given that and with all the current concern with cold lake it was silly to post a fish of that size dead in someones kitchen again without any content.

Many things were discussed and I don't think the fisherman was ever attaked but in gereral some concerns were brought up about the lame state of our SRD managing our fisheries.
No one ever said he did anything illegal and many said it was a great fish.

The thread got "derailed" because the OP wasnt the fisherman nor was he there nor did he know much about the situation....I don't even know that he knew the fisherman in the picture.

This world is full of views and opinions if you don't wan't to hear them of be part of them maybe a public forum aint the place for you.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_W View Post
First off get some thicker skin...if you can't handle an internet forum then the world will chew you up.

The post in question was a joke from the beginning it wasnt the fisherman who caught the fish that asked for the picture to be posted.

The post was without depth and just said 32lb fish taken from cold lake on such and such a day.

So to say this thread even got derailed is a little far fetched because it was pointless from the start ....given that and with all the current concern with cold lake it was silly to post a fish of that size dead in someones kitchen again without any content.

Many things were discussed and I don't think the fisherman was ever attaked but in gereral some concerns were brought up about the lame state of our SRD managing our fisheries.
No one ever said he did anything illegal and many said it was a great fish.

The thread got "derailed" because the OP wasnt the fisherman nor was he there nor did he know much about the situation....I don't even know that he knew the fisherman in the picture.

This world is full of views and opinions if you don't wan't to hear them of be part of them maybe a public forum aint the place for you.
He posted a pic to brag about the size of a fish, what's so wrong with that. But for some reason it turned into a whole lot more than nice fish bud congrats.he wasn't posting so he could here all about people's opinions on how cold lake should be run,just an innocent look at my fish.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacenbeers View Post
AO spelling police, call 911
Old 01-30-2013, 06:00 PM

Quote:
I am Emberassed also that I don't know how to spell embarrassed. I can always really on everyone on AO to set me straight. hahaha. No better way to have proven my point. You guys rule!!
hey man.. it's "rely on", not "really on"

see you on Friday hopefully