Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baptiste_moose View Post
In regards to the Cold Lake thread. I just took the hour to read it and what a joke. Many of you should be emberrased. This fishing section is a joke like many have stated. I have seen it 1st hand now. I'm ashamed to call myself an "Alberta Outdoorsman" today. I have 400 posts and I bet 300 of them are " nice fish", " congrats" , " good for you" and " beauty.". Some of you should try it once in awhile. Notice how you almost never see long standing members in the fishing discussion. Just emberassing!!!!!!
I thought it was a joke when you gave me crap for killing a porcupine. I had a good laugh over that. Glad you feel like you contribute to this forum but if 75% of your posts are what you say they are then you have contributed just as much as the retards that you are talking about
Old 01-30-2013, 06:27 PM
Banned

The title of this forum is called Fishing Discussion,, some one posted a pick of a fish,, it was discussed..
Old 01-30-2013, 06:29 PM

I'm mmmm-bare-ask'd too

LC
Old 01-30-2013, 07:42 PM

I would comment but I'm from down east and we believe in " clean em out boys"

Sigh
Old 01-30-2013, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flygirrl View Post
I would comment but I'm from down east and we believe in " clean em out boys"

Sigh
Bahahahahaha. Too funny.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacklerunner View Post
My momma done gone told me that if I don't got nuttin' good to say, dont say nuttin' at all....... And that life is like a box of chocolates.
Ya know,,, before chocolate was brought over from S.A by the Spanish and turned from a drink and into a confection,, well, what was life before?
Old 01-31-2013, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownb View Post
He posted a pic to brag about the size of a fish, what's so wrong with that. But for some reason it turned into a whole lot more than nice fish bud congrats.he wasn't posting so he could here all about people's opinions on how cold lake should be run,just an innocent look at my fish.
X2

I couldn't agree more , and it's a pizz poor excuse a few here feel you have to have a thick hide to be able to post a picture to share with others
It's pretty bad when one has to post a full detailed report on the fish caught to satisfy the armchair sideliners..... Once again this is why many have quit posting pictures..... myself included and it's not just the fishing thread
Enjoy your day
Nikon
Old 01-31-2013, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post
I thought it was a joke when you gave me crap for killing a porcupine. I had a good laugh over that. Glad you feel like you contribute to this forum but if 75% of your posts are what you say they are then you have contributed just as much as the retards that you are talking about
Well said Mr.Nube.....
Old 01-31-2013, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Bigbore View Post
hey man.. it's "rely on", not "really on"

see you on Friday hopefully
Some times the goodly is not so english.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKON View Post
X2

I couldn't agree more , and it's a pizz poor excuse a few here feel you have to have a thick hide to be able to post a picture to share with others
It's pretty bad when one has to post a full detailed report on the fish caught to satisfy the armchair sideliners..... Once again this is why many have quit posting pictures..... myself included and it's not just the fishing thread
Enjoy your day
Nikon
Derailed yes but please show me where this guy was insulted ( either the OP or the fisherman in the picture)

Would have this been such a big deal to you if another thread was started and the big fish and our fisheries were discussed?
Old 01-31-2013, 09:11 AM

Quote:

Good catch on this one. I didn't really know what he was trying to convey so I didn't tackle the subject in my original spelling police post.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_W View Post
Derailed yes but please show me where this guy was insulted ( either the OP or the fisherman in the picture)

Would have this been such a big deal to you if another thread was started and the big fish and our fisheries were discussed?
You make the statement "please show me where this guy was insulted" so I ask you,in my statement or nikons statement where did we say he was insulted. I can't find it we simply stated he posted a pic and it turned into conservation of cold lake. I don't mean to answer for you Nikon but I don't understand this. The thread title was not how to mange and cold lake. It was JUST a picture of a guy with a fish he is very proud of.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:17 AM

I just felt bad for the OP in the cold lake thread, he was showing off something he was oviously proud of, a fish that was LEGAL to harvest. Later in the thread, the OP said he would not post another picture on here. I can only speak for myself, but I quite enjoy seeing pictures on here and do not like to discourage people from posting pictures. If I believe that the fish should have gone back, good for me, but I don't need to force my beliefs on anyone else, especially if it is legal.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:20 AM

Quote:

Alberta Bigbore: I do not understand why you would post this. The OP may not be the best speller. I believe that Baptiste Moose intentionally substituted "really" for "rely" to make some fun. It really does not matter. I think there should be no tolerance for members who criticize a post because of grammer and spelling. We have members that have a wealth of information about hunting, fishing and trapping but their writing ability may not be the best. I don't care how they put it down. I want the benefit of their wisdom and knowledge. If this school teacher type nonsence keeps up, you can bet many of those guys will be shy to contribute.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhawk View Post
Alberta Bigbore: I do not understand why you would post this. The OP may not be the best speller. I believe that Baptiste Moose intentionally substituted "really" for "rely" to make some fun. It really does not matter. I think there should be no tolerance for members who criticize a post because of grammer and spelling. We have members that have a wealth of information about hunting, fishing and trapping but their writing ability may not be the best. I don't care how they put it down. I want the benefit of their wisdom and knowledge. If this school teacher type nonsence keeps up, you can bet many of those guys will be shy to contribute.
X 100, no need for bs responses from those who think they are better than someone else.
PG
Old 01-31-2013, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhawk View Post
I believe he was joking. ABB did say "maybe see you on Friday"

Must be friends
Old 01-31-2013, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinhits View Post
I believe he was joking. ABB did say "maybe see you on Friday"

Must be friends
That was my interpretation as well. Looks like two guys that know each other taking a poke in fun.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:41 AM

Ya we know each other and we're just having some fun. And I did not mis-spell on purpose. It's tricky with auto-correct. Some good points brought up guys. The intent wasn't to single people out but to make the point to stay positive and on topic. Send a PM if you have questions or points of view. Be nice like your momma's taught you!!

Hey nube. Did u hire a guide to write that for you???
Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post
How was my spelling guys?? Lol

Savage LTWT Hunter 111 - 6.5x284 Norma
Old 01-31-2013, 11:47 AM

Default What puzzles me !

Lots?...many times guys post pics and some yahoo , takes a run at them

About some ridiculous reason ,size, specie ,etc. The poster won't make that mistake again unless he is naturally inclined to that FU attitude.

There are several thick skinned people on here ,that that Internet diarrhea
Doesn't seem to affect . there should some emoticons that say.

Don't like it , go back to your soaps .

I know you are but what am I

And Thumpers byline .

This has been going on since day one on here....jus another day in
Paradise....
Old 01-31-2013, 01:36 PM

Default Go for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_W View Post

The insult wasn't direct , but implied so to speak
If it were me posting the pic i would have felt 100% insulted ,yes
The post got derailed by a few for sure , will this guy ever post another pic of a big fish or anyone else out of Cold Lake..... I'd be surprised

Start another thread ?........ Go for it,

I'm headed to Cold lake tuesday....... If i were to catch a 32 lb Laker , well let's just say it won't get posted here that's for sure
Enjoy your day
Nikon
Old 01-31-2013, 01:53 PM

im pretty sure it doesnt matter who you are 99.9% of the people bashing this guy for keepin that fish would have kept it themselves
Old 01-31-2013, 02:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacenbeers View Post
I am personally embarrassed that you do not know how to spell embarrassed.
He spelled it correctly in his title...but then lost it in the txt.

This aint no spelln B quiz...cut the man some slack mr professor.
Nitpicking isnt kool...It's called B****ing...a term socially reserved for women who have an unsavory demeaner?!?!?!?!?!?!!!

Last edited by MtnGiant; 01-31-2013 at 02:13 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
The post got derailed by a few for sure , will this guy ever post another pic of a big fish or anyone else out of Cold Lake..... I'd be surprised

I'm headed to Cold lake tuesday....... If i were to catch a 32 lb Laker , well let's just say it won't get posted here that's for sure
Enjoy your day
Nikon
You make a good point...it's kinda like a scolded child...u aint gonna get good results sometimes.

Well then...pm me that monster pic if u get one....luv to see it...and I promise only words of praise.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:35 PM
Banned

Quote:

Enjoy your day
Nikon
But you will kill it and keep it right,, cause that's the law and yer right,, the lake and the species be damned,, cause that's yer right..

Intelligence like a rock some people I tell yah,, like a rock..
Old 01-31-2013, 03:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleyes View Post
But you will kill it and keep it right,, cause that's the law and yer right,, the lake and the species be damned,, cause that's yer right..

Where did he say he'd keep it???
Like a true rock...your just putting words in his mouth without facts.
Assuming is the mother of all ***ups friendo

Last edited by Pixel Shooter; 01-31-2013 at 03:40 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngiant View Post
Where did he say he'd keep it???
Like a true rock...your just putting words in his mouth without facts.
Assuming is the mother of all f***ups friendo

Cool,,, Like A Rock,, is one of my favourite songs,, thx city..
Old 01-31-2013, 03:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Cool,,, Like A Rock,, is one of my favourite songs,, thx city..
NP....glad I brought back some sing along music memories for you.

City????

Don't start that assuming thing again....go consult a physician about this ailment
Old 01-31-2013, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngiant View Post
You make a good point...it's kinda like a scolded child...u aint gonna get good results sometimes.

Well then...pm me that monster pic if u get one....luv to see it...and I promise only words of praise.
Quote:

The original thread stated that the fish was basically dead on the ice, throwing up all its contents, your right he probably should have released it and let it die under the ice, come on, at least this way there was some value to the fish. Not sure why releasing a near dead fish is a solution to the problem at cold lake, by your own words maybe nobody should fish there because heaven forbid if you catch a large fish that is dieing from being pulled up to fast in deep water you are harming the lake. I guess your solution would be NO FISHING ANYWHERE them those big old fish will be safe.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:42 PM

I think Im going to enjoy spending lots of time in the fishing section now with all you fine folks. Upwards and onwards........
Old 01-31-2013, 04:02 PM
Banned

Casey Jones you better watch your speed.
Closed Thread