Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-12-2009, 07:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Hunt View Post
Look up? JTS I'll bring the munchies, you take care of the cutlery, By the way anyone have a 12 inch auger, I'm worried my 8 won't be big enough to bring up my catch.

I got a 12 inch sumthin er other, but I don't think even mine will drill a hole in the ice.....maybe if I take a break half way through.....

Old 03-12-2009, 08:46 PM

Before anything else, there needs to be an honorable mention to the UNBELIEVABLE COMEBACK BY THE CALGARY FLAMES.

Moving along, the chili is on! two crock pots full! JTS1 if you can please help out with the cutlery, and if Brianscott helps out with the bowls, we are set! I could not find any suitable bread bowls today. The buns I did find were either too soft or too big.

Sounds like we are going to have quite the get together on Sunday. Just a heads up to those who have not been there before. There is a wildlife office in the parking lot, next to the boat launch at Chain Lakes. Almost certainly will we will have visitors thru out the day.

Looking forward to this! Great idea JTS1!!
Old 03-12-2009, 08:57 PM

OK ill bring 4 dozen buns, as per original plan.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fisherman Guy View Post
Before anything else, there needs to be an honorable mention to the UNBELIEVABLE COMEBACK BY THE CALGARY FLAMES.

Moving along, the chili is on! two crock pots full! JTS1 if you can please help out with the cutlery, and if Brianscott helps out with the bowls, we are set! I could not find any suitable bread bowls today. The buns I did find were either too soft or too big.

Sounds like we are going to have quite the get together on Sunday. Just a heads up to those who have not been there before. There is a wildlife office in the parking lot, next to the boat launch at Chain Lakes. Almost certainly will we will have visitors thru out the day.

Looking forward to this! Great idea JTS1!!
OHHH MAN!!! You were doing so well. I am a die hard WINGS fan. I had my wife and Sucram here tonight BOTH in the flames get up. And me in my Winger gear , Lets just say I am a little bitter....
Old 03-12-2009, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jts1 View Post
OHHH MAN!!! You were doing so well. I am a die hard WINGS fan. I had my wife and Sucram here tonight BOTH in the flames get up. And me in my Winger gear , Lets just say I am a little bitter....
What a game too bad I was in my car for most of it. How dows it feel to see your team lose like that on home ice lol. HAHA wish I was there to rub it in your face when Jokinen scored the winner in the shootout. Anyway have a good night and see you tomorrow. And hope to see some of you at Chain in the late afternoon and at PCR for the night fish.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:10 PM

I am sorry... I am not one to rub a win in anyone's face, but how could I not mention that game, tonite. I like hockey, but you will not find any posts by yours truely in the official NHL thread.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:31 PM

The Flames had trouble skating against seven Wings skaters in the first period. Strange home colours on a couple of them though - black and white stripes.

I'd love to put faces to your names but I'm commited to go skiing with the family. Don't forget to do a group photo.

Have fun, be safe.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:26 AM

OK, we'll be setup around 8:30 or so right on the point. For those that don't want to drive on, you can walk on, only about 50 feet or so. Weather is looking good so it should be a great time.

Old 03-13-2009, 04:19 PM

I am in with 2 small kids and a friend. No worries about extra Chili as I think too many Chili eaters on the same end of the lake could be dangerous. Besides when my mother finds out I am meeting someone I met in a chat room she is going to want to beat me, not to mention how mad she would be if I ate some of your special Rufies Chili.

We will be driving a white Toyota Tacoma and will have a 14'x16' wall tent with stove.

See you there, I will have my $5 in hand and will hopefully be heading home with a thousdand.

Walleye Deitz
Old 03-13-2009, 04:22 PM

One more thing, you guys are welcome to use my wood stove for any cooking/heating.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:00 PM

Dang thats a big tent. I think this just turned from a fish'n trip to a cabaret
Old 03-13-2009, 06:03 PM
Banned

So we're going to be 4 adults and a 5 year old. Grey chev 3/4 ton with huntin stickers on the back window.
Old 03-14-2009, 12:23 AM

Hey nicemustang, I'm gonna try to make it down on sunday too. I haven't fished chain lakes since I was a kid , should be a blast. Does anybody know how many people are going or thinking about going ???

Hopefully I will see you all on the ice
lonewolf
Old 03-14-2009, 12:09 PM

Sorry boys but it turns out i cant make this last excursion. Tight lines to all and have a great time. Hope to see you all on the first open water get together.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:36 PM

Ok I have all the plates , bowls spoons ect. If there is anything els I can do or bring just let me know. Will see you all out there. Leaveing Calgary @ 0700.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:46 PM
Banned

I hate to do this, but it looks like I have to jam out too, due to.......uh.... unforseen matrimonial circumstances lol (translation for the single guys: Wifes ****ed )

Had a wicked day on Clear today, 2 big ones and a bunch of smaller ones, pics to follow, once I get Mama calmed down lol
Old 03-14-2009, 10:02 PM

Had a great day out at Travers today, looking forward to tomorrow at Chain!

Hope to see everyone out for another great day on the ice tomorrow! I will also be leaving around 0700 tomorrow morning.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:32 AM

Would love to be there today, just got off work and need to be back at 4pm. Have a great day
Old 03-15-2009, 05:48 AM

Don't forget to post a bunch of pics for those of us that could not attend!!! If I was home I would have made the drive down but Indiana is a little far. I look forward to getting the opportunity to fish with some of the boy's from the south next year!!
Old 03-15-2009, 06:51 AM

Just dragged my friends out of bed, getting ready to pick up Buck Krazy. Be driving a beat up old black Acura and a blue Mazda. See ya'll out there!!
Old 03-15-2009, 05:24 PM

That was awesome, thanks to all who came out! I had a great time, looking forward to the next one!
Old 03-15-2009, 06:02 PM

I think JTS1 took all the pics...hopefully he post some. That was definitely really fun. Just had a nice fish fry
Old 03-15-2009, 07:17 PM
Banned

For some reason, completley unknown to me....... my wife changed her mind this morning and decided she HAD to go fishing this morning (women are weird). But she didn't wanna go trout fishin to Chain, shes done that and she knows the size of the fish that come outta there. Shes seen the size of the Pike we've caught latley at Clear and wanted to go there.

Long story short, I think I caught the Alberta Angler of the year Pike today. I've got pics comin outta my yoo hoo, I'll post em up as soon as I get him filleted and my hands washed up lol.

Hope you guys had a good time today........
Old 03-15-2009, 09:09 PM

Well all, we had a wicked day at Chain Lakes and to the Fisherman Guy, thanks a bunch for the wicked Chili, it is by far the best Ive ever had. Really enjoyed the spicyness of it.

Anyways, the fishing was slow in the big tent today but it was still nice to get out and meet a bunch of other fishermen/women.....darn women, whos idea was it to bring girls? everyone knows when that happens, they always catch the biggest fish.....the gals tent had a pile of trout outside before the big tent had even had a bite....must be the smell of perfume on the worms.....good job.

Look forward to hooking up with some of you in the future as I always find it fun to fish and chat with people new. I have some pics as well from today I will try to get posted a bit later.

Take care.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:00 PM

Well you guys That was a great day. I have first got to say thanx for the best chilli EVER , and second , the use of the wall tent. I have said it before and I will say it again , the people on here are top notch. I didnt get many fish but the bottle of Jamisons helped with that. The fact that my wife took the cash ... Well not so good Im going to hear about that for a LONG LONG time. Cant wait till the next get together. Here is a link to all the pics from today I think you can save from there If not just send me a pm with email and I will send..

http://photobucket.com/YearEndChainLake