Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-13-2011, 10:49 PM

Default Where is Lake X?

Seems like people have been having a lot of luck there, I'd like to try it out. But I can't seem to find where it is.....

Old 02-13-2011, 10:50 PM

Lake X is a bunch of different lake people don't wanna tell others about...seems kind of pointless to hide and start new threads about a lake you won't divulge info about....lol
Old 02-13-2011, 10:57 PM

It's the lake that feeds Frenchman's Creek
Old 02-13-2011, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishpro View Post
Sylvan lake has always ben good to me aswell as buffalo dunno about this "x" BS
Old 02-13-2011, 11:11 PM

It's all the lakes that hold little hammer handles and a few bigger fish. Also could be the put and take trout lakes. For the most part the guys that are catching big fish are doing it on bigger lakes and they can tell you where it is but know that the work that is being put in to actually landing some of the bigger fish is beyond most weekend warriors capabilities. So giving out the name of the lake isn't really a big deal. I could see not giving out the name if you headed to a lake, river, or stream where you had to hike or ride pretty far into the back country to get to some peace and quiet far from any civilization but all these lakes that are around towns and cities aren't really a secret to anyone.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npauls View Post
It's all the lakes that hold little hammer handles and a few bigger fish. Also could be the put and take trout lakes. For the most part the guys that are catching big fish are doing it on bigger lakes and they can tell you where it is but know that the work that is being put in to actually landing some of the bigger fish is beyond most weekend warriors capabilities. So giving out the name of the lake isn't really a big deal. I could see not giving out the name if you headed to a lake, river, or stream where you had to hike or ride pretty far into the back country to get to some peace and quiet far from any civilization but all these lakes that are around towns and cities aren't really a secret to anyone.
SHHHHHH, dont tell everyone!!! :-P
Old 02-13-2011, 11:19 PM

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=53317
Old 02-14-2011, 06:24 AM

It's just a ways up zippermouth creek
Old 02-14-2011, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhunter View Post
It's just a ways up zippermouth creek
And a little south of Lake "Y".

thegungirl.ca @gmail.com
Old 02-14-2011, 06:44 AM
Banned

I could tell you but then I'd have to kill ya.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:51 AM

Actually Im glad people are still talking about lake x cause it helps keep things quiet about lakes 1, 2 and 3. Nobody even mentions them.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:55 AM

Also if a person doesnt want to divulge the name of the lake he was at -more power to them! That is their choice and right.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntsfurfish View Post
Also if a person doesnt want to divulge the name of the lake he was at -more power to them! That is their choice and right.
Well said
Old 02-14-2011, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npauls View Post
well most of the weekend warriors that would catch a fish that big would keep it to. I know these boys and they never keep a big fish and that's one of the reasons that they start the lake X as people they have show or told about there spots have gone out and caught big fish and have kept them. Would it be better to just out right lie what lake the were at. we could say they were at rattle snake or crawling valley. and just waste your time or lets call it Lake X and call it fine. I can say its in alberta.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:24 AM

Lake X is perfect and so close to my house....
Old 02-14-2011, 08:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloopbloob View Post
Seems like people have been having a lot of luck there, I'd like to try it out. But I can't seem to find where it is.....

Its just before you come to lake Y.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:01 AM

Lake nonya is a good spot !!!!!!!!
Old 02-14-2011, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimboy View Post
Its just before you come to lake Y.
Watch out for the rock wall on Lake X, it's a doozy
Old 02-14-2011, 12:53 PM

Well their off to the race track, and they're not going to the bar afterwards. They are going right there, next to the train station. Oh! thats too far maybe we should show those two how to get there. I don't know those two do you? No.lol
Old 02-14-2011, 03:44 PM

u know what i think. i think that some people are selfish. because we all love fishing and it doesnt hurt to help some people out with info so they can have great fishing time too. theres planty fish everywhere. just, if u catch a huge one just take pics and put it back. give a chance to other people to enjoy some good fishing too
Old 02-14-2011, 04:24 PM

Wink ya good ol lake x

Old 02-14-2011, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gui View Post
u know what i think. i think that some people are selfish. because we all love fishing and it doesnt hurt to help some people out with info so they can have great fishing time too. theres planty fish everywhere. just, if u catch a huge one just take pics and put it back. give a chance to other people to enjoy some good fishing too
Selfish? Give a chance for other people to enjoy some good fishing? Check out the thread on Waiu lake, used to be a lake X. Word of a few humpbacks and the convoys start rolling in for the rest of the winter. Hell, all those used to be a Lake X at one time up there. Small lakes need to be called lake X for a reason. Take pics and put it back? What province are you living in? This is the land of take take take, our lakes reflect it, so do the greedy people.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:10 PM

I have never fished Lake X but I've had pretty good luck at Notelly Lake
Old 02-14-2011, 05:19 PM

lol i acualy loked it up as an acual lake lmfao
Old 02-14-2011, 06:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Hunter7 View Post
lol i acualy loked it up as an acual lake lmfao
Yes it is,it's in Area 51 where Mercury tests there outboards.

couldn't agree more with Jack88's post.^^ Be damned if I'll be divulging any secret fishing holes on the internet any time soon.Big lakes and well known rivers are a different story,but lesser known honeyholes are often too fragile to sustain the angling pressure invited when the word get's out.....seen it too many times.In fact,one of the flyfishing forums I visit actually forbids naming specific locations or "spot burning" as it's known.I absolutely cringe when I've seen favorite trout streams of mine named on the net.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack88 View Post
Selfish? Give a chance for other people to enjoy some good fishing? Check out the thread on Waiu lake, used to be a lake X. Word of a few humpbacks and the convoys start rolling in for the rest of the winter. Hell, all those used to be a Lake X at one time up there. Small lakes need to be called lake X for a reason. Take pics and put it back? What province are you living in? This is the land of take take take, our lakes reflect it, so do the greedy people.
yup, a couple lake X's around my place, word got out a couple years ago of some nice 12 and 13" humpies,.....last weekend of the season last year , my neighbor counted 175 vhicles on the lake. This lake only covers about 400 acres!!!! there's some nice 6" perch now and alot quiter, but man it can knock the crap out of a small lake quick ! You know a "remote" lake that used to require 4X4 or quad/sled driving down a cutline to acces it is in trouble when mini vans and mazda 323's are driving on the lake !
Old 02-14-2011, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfish View Post
yup, a couple lake X's around my place, word got out a couple years ago of some nice 12 and 13" humpies,.....last weekend of the season last year , my neighbor counted 175 vhicles on the lake. This lake only covers about 400 acres!!!! there's some nice 6" perch now and alot quiter, but man it can knock the crap out of a small lake quick ! You know a "remote" lake that used to require 4X4 or quad/sled driving down a cutline to acces it is in trouble when mini vans and mazda 323's are driving on the lake !
Take me to this Lake X or you're goin over the balcony at the next hockey game :P
Old 02-14-2011, 08:13 PM

The whole lake X thing reminds me of Crooked lake in the 80's , outside foxcreek, it crashed, then misawawee(sp)? , in the early 2000's , it crashed, both times there was people driving from Red Deer and furthur,(5 hrs + )for a perch....crazy(but i understand) ! I don't have any issues with talking about any of the bigger lakes , but the small ones need a little protection !
Old 02-14-2011, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gui View Post
Love that Lake x,have a few myself,as for being selfish call it what you want.I have kids and they love fishing,and if you think i'm gonna post a great fishing spot so that everyone can go clean it out,dream on.It takes time and effort to find that lake x and great spots,go find them yourself.Just my .02$
Old 02-14-2011, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishpro View Post
Hah!! Took the words out of my mouth.