Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-15-2018, 08:11 AM

Default Sooke, BC, fishing charters?

Does anyone have experience with any of the Sooke, BC, fishing charters? Considering a 1 day charter for salmon with some family around Christmas time. Potentially 6 of us fishing so would be looking for a fairly large boat.
Old 08-15-2018, 09:28 AM

Default al kennedy

google up Al Kennedy out of sooke, we've fished with him 3 times, one time fishing was slower and he put in a couple extra hours no charge to help us out he runs a smaller boat but the days he's been booked up, his recommendations have all been top notch,tell him your details and he'll help you out, the guides try their best to get everyone to have fun, they pretty much all troll around the same areas, 6 am morning bite is definitely what you want, t
Old 08-15-2018, 11:07 AM

you will fishing winter springs maybe halibut. Rolli Roads,and Blue Wolf charters are good out of sooke and becher bay. Steve French runs a good boat in the winter out of Pedder bay as does Gord Gavin.
Old 08-15-2018, 01:22 PM

Beecher bay native band has huge charter boats rite outta beecher bay its a little north of pedder bay. And they do very very well.
Old 08-15-2018, 09:15 PM

2reel.ca
Went with him at Christmas time a couple years ago. We went for a full day halibut/spring salmon, we got skunked on the halibut and just caught a few mud sharks, we then trolled for some salmon and caught a few really nice ones and filled our limit on crabs, we were happy with the day and after he was done cleaning our catch he offered the next day free of charge to get our halibut. After the second day he told us of a few spots close to town to shore fish.
My overall experience with 2 reel adventures I don’t think could ever be beaten.
He owns a couple boats and I suggest you split your party into 2 separate boats.
They can can your fish or smoke and freeze.
And try out the bakery in Sooke mmmm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-17-2018, 11:22 PM
AO Sponsor

Tailspin Charters for sure, halibut will be closed then as will everything but Chinooks, so you'll be fishing for winter Chinooks almost exclusively. He does a top notch job, by far one of the best producers in the area!
www.serengetifishingcharters.com

The BEST Chinook Salmon and Halibut Fishing On the Coast