Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-22-2011, 01:18 PM

Default Calling Lake info, not your hot spot

Plan to go out sunday with the kids (if this cold goes away). I assume there is still enough snow on the lake for cooling a sled and do I need to bring a auger extension. Is flood water still a issue? Thank you.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:52 PM

I was AGAIN working on the cabin, but we did pull out the sled and ripped around for a while last weekend. Some fish were being caught on Lakeshore drive, but few people at the Tower. My neighbour who is in the new house up from the school fishes pretty much every day. he has had off and on success. 11 - 4 has seen pretty good action in the shallows if the fish are around. A couple of trucks managed to drive on at Lakeshore drive, for a little way, but not too far. Other guys who tried to drive across the lake got stuck and were digging for a while. No one driving on at the Tower. With the snow pack melting, it is getting slushy and soft, so 4 x 4 with chains to be safe. Lots of flood water showing up still.

Drewski
Old 03-23-2011, 01:11 PM

Thanks Drewski, I will load up the snowmobiles and use them. If we go we will be fishing out from the prov boat launch most likely to start. Leave the old crewcab in the parking lot. Much easier to unstuck a sled.

thanks again