added options -
humminbird 788 ci di sonar
80 terrova I pilot trolling motor
2 downriggers
gal. trailer
3 bank charger
complete top
6 hp tohatsu kicker
stereo and 1 extra seat and 4 rod holders.

Lund 1775 Impact Sport Mercury 115 efi 4stroke
added options-
humminbird 788 ci di sonar
80 terrova Ipilot trolling motor
gal. trailer
3 bank charger
complete top
stereo and 1 extra seat and 4 rod holders.

Not sure which way to go on this.Both are 30,000 all in.
Deadrise on the Crestliner is 12 degrees and not sure if thats good or bad.

any help or advise will be greatly appreciated,
Cluneyboy.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:32 AM

My choice would be the crestliner
more fishing options for the buck, with the downriggers and kicker
Old 03-05-2013, 09:52 AM

lund is another word for RESALE VALUE. both good boats.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:41 AM

I have a 1800 Lund Sportangler. Love the boat. Stable fishing platform, and the IPS2 hull is a nice handling boat running in both flat and rough water. The terrova 80lb I-Pilot is definietly the way to go with the record a track and spot lock technology. However, you may also want to consider a 9.9hp kicker to take hours off the main engine. The troliing motor is good but not always useable under all conditions - when the wind is up, the trolling motor doesn't quite cut it and battery life can be a factor on long days. Also, you can't troll slow enough at times with the main engine unless you want to throw out a drfit sock. IMO - spend the money up front and get the trolling motor as well. Otherwise, I am very happy with my Lund and after having it now for 5 or 6 years, am very happy with my choice.

Good luck with your decision.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:06 AM

Are they from the same dealer? If not then my decision would be based on the dealer as both boats are quality products.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:10 AM

Greetings.

I have a Crestliner Super Hawk 1800 bought in 2011. I live in Calgary but bought it in Edmonton as I heard nothing but bad things about B@L marine. While I love the boat I am looking at trading it in for a lund. I have had nothing but problems dealing with these reps and Crestliner. Both in Edmonton at Free Spirit marine ( the guy is a lier and his time is more important than yours) and Bob at B@L in Calgary. They sold me a dangerous boat, one with Captains chairs that every time the seat is moved it hits the throttle, two people have been thrown out the back of the boat. Apparently they know this is an issue but do nothing about it. This is from Bob at B@L

When they finally decided to deal with me they replaced the seats at B@L marine. While in the shop I asked Bob to fix the livewell latch on my boat. It was a two minute job and I was charged $65 in labour. It takes me longer to fill my window washer fluid on my truck. I contacted Crestliner and they told me they would take care of it. I never heard back from them. All the stories about B@L marine are true, all the stories about poor customer service are true. I would be happy to sell you my boat so I could buy a Lund and never have to deal with them again. As I said I like the boat, costumer service goes out the window after you buy it. Crestliner has done nothing to rectify the situation.

For Sale Crestliner Super Hawk- 1800 w/150 opti, all the bells and whistles you can put on it. Will trade for Lund

Cheers.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoph View Post
Greetings.

I have a Crestliner Super Hawk 1800 bought in 2011. I live in Calgary but bought it in Edmonton as I heard nothing but bad things about B@L marine. While I love the boat I am looking at trading it in for a lund. I have had nothing but problems dealing with these reps and Crestliner. Both in Edmonton at Free Spirit marine ( the guy is a lier and his time is more important than yours) and Bob at B@L in Calgary. They sold me a dangerous boat, one with Captains chairs that every time the seat is moved it hits the throttle, two people have been thrown out the back of the boat. Apparently they know this is an issue but do nothing about it. This is from Bob at B@L

When they finally decided to deal with me they replaced the seats at B@L marine. While in the shop I asked Bob to fix the livewell latch on my boat. It was a two minute job and I was charged $65 in labour. It takes me longer to fill my window washer fluid on my truck. I contacted Crestliner and they told me they would take care of it. I never heard back from them. All the stories about B@L marine are true, all the stories about poor customer service are true. I would be happy to sell you my boat so I could buy a Lund and never have to deal with them again. As I said I like the boat, costumer service goes out the window after you buy it. Crestliner has done nothing to rectify the situation.

For Sale Crestliner Super Hawk- 1800 w/150 opti, all the bells and whistles you can put on it. Will trade for Lund

Cheers.

I will tell you the Lund dealers in Alberta are no better.. quite sad really. You have all these expendable incomes in Alberta that relates to "I don't care about service I'll just buy a new one or $65 to change a livewell latch is nothing" has made these dealers jaded. Dealing with Lund headquarters does work, and usually gets the dealership in alot of hot water over what they aren't doing but I mean really what does that do but make you look for a new dealer.

You want service? Head to saskatchewan or even better manitoba. Alberta just buys new boats every year anyways....
Old 03-05-2013, 12:08 PM

Default new

Are these new boats ....just wondering about the rigging

That impact isnt getting the clean bill of health...that new lunds usually get

I have owned a sport angler ....decent boat not as fishy as the Lund.

new lund dealer in st.albert might be ok

free spirit in Edm. Ok

otherwise dont buy in alberta .....go east

Alberta pay to much ....no service....

Last edited by Winch101; 03-05-2013 at 12:14 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:10 PM
Banned

go with a lund. Great boat
Old 03-05-2013, 01:20 PM

Both great boats comes down to personal preferance I would go with the Crestliner myself.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:56 PM

Get a nice welded aluminum river boat. 12 degree haul. Only way to go !!!
Old 03-05-2013, 02:42 PM

Im sure everyone on here would agree, donate $1000 to each member of AO then buy yourself a good aluminum river boat
Old 03-05-2013, 02:55 PM
Gone Hunting

I went with Rainbow Marine from Edmonton for my Lund.
Almost got from Alberta Marine but they were pushy trying to sell me existing unit with smaller motor and would charge me for canopy extra 1100 $.
Was checking price in Saskatchewan but John from Rainbow matched price to the point that it wasn't worth to drive.

They ordered bigger motor from Lund. I had some issues with canopy fitting and fuel gage this was resolved without problems.

150 TTSX vs Goat-WOW
http://youtu.be/37JwmSOQ3pY
Old 03-05-2013, 03:23 PM

I personally have the 1775 Impact Sport with the 115 Merc. The boat really is flawless. Very comfortable to fish out of, holds the family very well, pull's the kids on the tube very well, handle's the rough water perfectly. The list goes on. I'd recommend going to see Steve at Rainbow Marine. They will be set up at the Sportsman Show in 2 weeks. Dealer's release exclusive show rebates as well. You will save a bit more there.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:30 PM

Default Boats

I bought a Crestliner 1900 Superhawk last year and so far so good! I put ALOT of hours on it last year with very little problems (fine tuning). I agree 100% with the other post's, Crestliner's dealers are not going to impress you with their service. I spent alot of time at both dealers here in southern AB (B&L Marine/Alberta Marine) before I bought and the guys at Lund wont even entertain dealing with you until you have money in hand. Unfortunately I think you are best to buy the boat that suits your needs and not the dealer that services you..... Service is **** poor at best in the boat industry. Just my thoughts. Either way I think you will be very happy with your choice, both Crestliner and Lund make a great product.

See you on the water!
Old 03-05-2013, 03:30 PM

Both are great boats.

Lund will have better resale and will give you a drier ride.

I like the Lunds.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:33 PM

my 1995 Crestliner 16ft Fish/Sport is still going strong, so my vote is for Crestliner.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winger7mm View Post
Im sure everyone on here would agree, donate $1000 to each member of AO then buy yourself a good aluminum river boat
Haha just read it sorry to many zeros!! 100$ hehehe
Old 03-05-2013, 04:32 PM

Save yourself 10 grand. Go for a drive to the USA.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamprotz View Post
Save yourself 10 grand. Go for a drive to the USA.
Are you are saying you will get those boats for under $20,000 in the states with the current exchange rates?

I looked at a number of large volume dealers recently in the US and found this not to be the case.

Actually, the 1775 impact sport with the 115 lists for around $ 30,000 (or more) in the US as well. Pricing starting point is identical. Dealer volume rebates is the key driver in final pricing.

I purchased my Lund Tyee up here and saved well over $10,000 - which was less than ANY dealer in the US was able to offer me.

2 other forum members purchased boats that same month and enjoyed similar savings.

Given the fact that warranty on a US sold motor - which makes up a little less than roughly half the cost of the boat might be tricky - I'd stay local and enjoy a drive some other day.

Last edited by EZM; 03-05-2013 at 05:20 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:14 PM

Both are excellent choices, but my choice would be the Crestliner.. Bought a 1750 Super Hawk from Free Spirit and have zero regret or issue... Thane and the gang have been great to deal with
Old 03-05-2013, 05:40 PM

Cant go wrong with either boat.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:17 PM

Used to be that both boats were made at the same factory. Kinda like GM and Chev.

The Lund is no longer welded but a rivet boat which is no way as strong as the weld.

I am biased because I own a Crestliner but after 12 yrs and some awful tough water at times I cannot complain.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:57 PM

IMO, sit in both boats. Spend some time checking out every nook and cranny. Think about what you want in a boat and your mind will probably make itself up. At least that worked for me. I was down to Fish Hawk vs Impact and went Fish Hawk. There were some small details on the Crestliner that made me prefer it to the Lund. This was 1650 vs 1675, not sure how the 1750 vs 1775 would compare.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:00 PM

Lund
Old 03-05-2013, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova View Post
IMO, sit in both boats. Spend some time checking out every nook and cranny. Think about what you want in a boat and your mind will probably make itself up. At least that worked for me. I was down to Fish Hawk vs Impact and went Fish Hawk. There were some small details on the Crestliner that made me prefer it to the Lund. This was 1650 vs 1675, not sure how the 1750 vs 1775 would compare.
I agree both boats are top quality. I also agree you should sit in it, open the hatches, mash the buttons, look at the fuse box under the dash, the little details is what sold me on a Lund.

Also the little details in the layout has to work for the way you fish.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLLER View Post
Used to be that both boats were made at the same factory. Kinda like GM and Chev.

The Lund is no longer welded but a rivet boat which is no way as strong as the weld.

I am biased because I own a Crestliner but after 12 yrs and some awful tough water at times I cannot complain.
Simply stated, I cannot agree with your comparison on welded vs. riveted construction.

Airplanes are riveted and experience the greatest amount of stress, deflection and torsion, of any vehicle, and are designed to use riveted seams.

Look at some cheap welded boats (from a big box store to remain nameless) - compare that to the hull strength of a premium riveted boat like a Lund. Look on the internet and see what owners are saying about their boats. Look on this forum.

To argue your point and look at some cheap junky riveted boats out there. Cheap little rivets, single rivet lines, poor overlap.

The strength of the hull comes primarily through design. Any first year engineering student would tell you this.

If you are going to use "look at river boat" as a defense, carefully consider the difference in aluminum used (thickness and grade) when comparing a high end harbercraft/kingfisher or custom weld to a thin skinned impostor like the absolute piece of crap sold in big box stores.

My 3 cents .....
Old 03-06-2013, 05:10 AM

Look east for deals. I just bought a 2013 1775 impact ss with a 2 year old leased 115 optimax on it for 19 all in. I figure it will cost me another 5 to completely outfit it with kicker, trolling motor, fish finder and down riggers.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:53 AM

Default Sorry to hijack but...

Has anyone looked into Princecraft? They are really catching my eye and I will be climbing around in one at the Show next weekend. Well also have to look at the Lund and Crestliner as well.

OOO the options. Not in the market this year, but next year one of those 3 will be mine...
Old 03-15-2013, 09:23 AM

Well went to the Boat show last night and crawled around 6 different boats and after it all the Lund 1775 Crossover and the Crestliner 1750 Super Hawk were the 2 that stuck out for me. I am interested where the OP got the $30,000 all in as the Lund was $35K(115hp) and the Hawk was $37k (with 150hp). Both beautiful boats thats for sure.

O to dream for another year...