Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2017, 09:57 AM

Exclamation A great low cost alternative to monitored security

I have several of these in my place for when we are not home. In the garage, in the boat, in the house. I can control it completely from my computer or phone anywhere on the planet with internet. It has pan and tilt, you can zoom in, freeze frame and slow down video. I have installed lots of these for friends and businesses. Great low cost alternative.
When the motion or sound alert is triggered, I get email notification including stills taken at the time of alert plus a video. It does not go to the 'cloud' the only cost is used bandwidth which is very low. These (5010/5020/5030L) cameras have great low LUX capability and the iR emitters work well.

Someone would have to cut the power to override them, which I have beaten by having each one on a UPS battery backup, including my routers. When you get the notification you call the Police or a neighbor if not home, but you have video proof for insurance and proof.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...10272232.aspx?

Overview
Add a watchful eye to your home or office with the D-Link Pan & Tilt Network Camera with Night Vision. A useful surveillance solution, this camera can pan and tilt to provide an all-encompassing view of your property. Night-vision LED lights let the camera capture clear images in the dark, while remote monitoring makes it easy to monitor the camera from your PC, smartphone or tablet.
More Information
Pan and tilt the camera to obtain a clear picture of what's going on from different angles
Night-vision LED lights let the camera see in the dark up to 8 metres, so you can monitor your property 24/7
Remotely view and manage the camera from your PC, iPhone, iPad or Android device
Receive email alerts when motion is sensed
Get closer to the action using the camera's 4x digital zoom
Wireless N connectivity with WiFi protected setup
Support for H.264/MJPEG video codec
Infrared-cut filter delivers more vivid daytime colour representation
Built-in microphone records sound
One-year limited warranty from D-Link

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....