Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-25-2019, 06:27 PM

Default This Could have ended BADLY! (Big Tigers in Extreme Conditions)

Recovered some footage from a couple months ago and I figured my viewers might still want to see this one! Pretty wild adventure!
https://youtu.be/UzWC8u37NEg
Old 03-25-2019, 09:00 PM

Thanks again, I too wish to hook into one of the few very large ones put into that lake. Come on open water season......
Old 03-25-2019, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep View Post
Thanks again, I too wish to hook into one of the few very large ones put into that lake. Come on open water season......
Ah yes I cant wait for the days of trolling leeches around the lake!
Old 03-26-2019, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Do you spin fish or fly fish?
Old 03-26-2019, 09:49 AM

Terrible click bait titles.
Old 03-26-2019, 10:22 AM

I pack a norco genius 2000amp battery booster. It’s got us and others out of a pickles a few times. They r small and last a long time. This one was regular about 300$ at Canadian tire but was on sale for about 150. Always like watching your videos. PS can’t wait for soft water as well
Old 03-26-2019, 10:30 AM

I pack a norco genius 2000amp battery booster. It’s got us and others out of a pickles a few times. They r small and last a long time. This one was regular about 300$ at Canadian tire but was on sale for about 150. Always like watching your videos. PS can’t wait for soft water as well
Old 03-26-2019, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseRiverTrapper View Post
It's actually completely accurate if you watch the video....
Old 03-26-2019, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old dog View Post
Good to know, thank you for the recommendations! I will definitely have one next year.
Old 03-26-2019, 12:25 PM

Quote:
What part is unaccurate? The part where I said something could have gone wrong or saying they are big tigers? I'm willing to apologize if you have caught bigger tigers then them and have the proof lol otherwise there is nothing clickbait about my videos, watch and you will see lol
Old 03-26-2019, 12:25 PM

YouTube: Harder Outdoors
Instagram: @harderoutdoors
FB: HarderOutdoors
Old 03-26-2019, 12:47 PM

Cool Video, again thanks for sharing.

Tigers are on my list this summer with the fly rod.

And thats 4800 post's

BW
Old 03-26-2019, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSteele View Post
Hell ya! Epic fish man!!
Old 03-26-2019, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
Cool Video, again thanks for sharing.

Tigers are on my list this summer with the fly rod.

And thats 4800 post's

BW
Thanks man! If you go then troll a dark leech pattern!
Old 03-26-2019, 04:08 PM

Hey Ricky, I am an older fella that started tossing "panther martins" in my youth. I have never used a fly rod but over the years have used many flies with my spinning gear.Clay has tied a few flies for me and David took me to Obed for a beauty 7lb brown in Oct. I believe you know both of these fine gentlemen.
Old 03-26-2019, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Hey Ricky, I am an older fella that started tossing "panther martins" in my youth. I have never used a fly rod but over the years have used many flies with my spinning gear.Clay has tied a few flies for me and David took me to Obed for a beauty 7lb brown in Oct. I believe you know both of these fine gentlemen.
I believe I do! Congrats on the brown they are tough to catch there! I'm a huge fan of panther Martin's and they were the first hooks I used when I really got into fishing streams and rivers. Cant go wrong with a PM!
Old 03-27-2019, 11:45 AM

Quote:
I'm still waiting for an explanation of why this is a terrible click bait title?
Old 03-27-2019, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky7 View Post
I'm still waiting for an explanation of why this is a terrible click bait title?
I'm not MRT (obviously) but I know that lots of folks get annoyed by the use of caps and exclamation points in youtube video titles. Googan squad, Jon B, etc all do it and they have a large following so perhaps it is effective?

SS

YouTube: Harder Outdoors
Instagram: @harderoutdoors
FB: HarderOutdoors
Old 03-27-2019, 12:34 PM

Quote:
It screams desperation to some. That and you keep bumping it to the top.
[I just helped!]

However, if it is pure enthusiasm rather than getting more YouTube followers, likes and clicks, HAVE AT IT!!! Who am I to quench the flame of enthusiasm and especially in the younger generation. I'm all for it
Old 03-27-2019, 01:14 PM

Well guys il let you guys in on a little secret, I don't make a single dime off YouTube, nor do I do it for that reason. Yes I want more people to see my adventures because I like sharing them and almost every video has tips to help others get on more fish. Also when you make videos every other week you have to make the titles interesting while still staying relevant to the video. If I had titled it " Alberta tiger trout" it wouldnt be appealing to anyone lol none of my videos are clickbait, that's fine if you dont like it because it has cap locks but if you are going to claim its click bait there better be valid reasons why lol and yess I guess when you comment it bumps to the top like any other social media platform, I cant help that but I thought we were all on here to chat lol
Old 03-27-2019, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPFisher View Post
It screams desperation to some. That and you keep bumping it to the top.
[I just helped!]

However, if it is pure enthusiasm rather than getting more YouTube followers, likes and clicks, HAVE AT IT!!! Who am I to quench the flame of enthusiasm and especially in the younger generation. I'm all for it
And also theres a troll on my channel that comments pretty brutal stuff about you and idk why lol I'm not even sure I know you lol but I report the comment and delete it everytime.
Old 03-27-2019, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSteele View Post
I'm not MRT (obviously) but I know that lots of folks get annoyed by the use of caps and exclamation points in youtube video titles. Googan squad, Jon B, etc all do it and they have a large following so perhaps it is effective?

SS
It shows enthusiasm and tells a small part of your story about the video, titles are very important. Theres no point in uploading videos if they only get 20 views lol I could just keep them on my phone at that point lol
Old 03-27-2019, 01:39 PM

So you caught some fish and got a dead battery because you were not properly prepared...... I want 7:07min of my life back. Could have at least made it look like you broke through the ice or something to keep us entertained.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 03-27-2019, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostguy6 View Post
So you caught some fish and got a dead battery because you were not properly prepared...... I want 7:07min of my life back. Could have at least made it look like you broke through the ice or something to keep us entertained.
And almost melted my face off from a faulty heater also, you should really not click on fishing videos if you dont want to see videos about fishing! I try and entertain people with fish, I guess they werent big enough for you. Sorry I was such a waste of your time I may suggest less time on your phone or computer!
Old 03-27-2019, 01:48 PM

Well with misleading titles like that I wont be clicking on your videos anymore.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 03-27-2019, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Well with misleading titles like that I wont be clicking on your videos anymore.
Perfect, you dont like fishing videos very much anyways regarding your last comment so why would I want a negative viewer? Nothing about my title was misleading, if it wasnt for the fish cop showing up there would have been a very good chance we were completely screwed! Half a tank of propane in -40 and a dead battery with not another soul for 12km could have ended very badly! I dont see where that's misleading...
Old 03-27-2019, 02:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
That’s how you get people to check out the videos. I’m with you though, I hate that sort of tactic.

I never click on a video link without pictures being posted first. I figure if I want to search videos I go to YouTube, if I want to see people’s adventures from our forum I look at what’s posted on our forum.
Old 03-27-2019, 02:05 PM

Quote:
I’m glad to see you post your fishing adventures and it’s authentic content. But your post titles are most definitely click bait. I know you arn’t doing it to make money or anything, but you do respond to every single post which does bump the thread up, intentionally or not.

Anyways not trying to knock you down. I’ve watched some of your video and enjoyed them, I personally find the post method over the top and only watch the video because I like to see Alberta content.

Definition of clickbait
: something (such as a headline) designed to make readers want to click on a hyperlink especially when the link leads to content of dubious value or interest

Examples: You'll never believe what happened when … This is the cutest thing ever … This the biggest mistake you can make … Take this quiz to see which character you are on … They are all classic clickbait models.
Old 03-27-2019, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPants View Post
I’m glad to see you post your fishing adventures and it’s authentic content. But your post titles are most definitely click bait. I know you arn’t doing it to make money or anything, but you do respond to every single post which does bump the thread up, intentionally or not.

Anyways not trying to knock you down. I’ve watched some of your video and enjoyed them, I personally find the post method over the top and only watch the video because I like to see Alberta content.

Definition of clickbait
: something (such as a headline) designed to make readers want to click on a hyperlink especially when the link leads to content of dubious value or interest

Examples: You'll never believe what happened when … This is the cutest thing ever … This the biggest mistake you can make … Take this quiz to see which character you are on … They are all classic clickbait models.
Hey I appreciate the feedback and thank you for watching the videos. Sometimes I will spend 6-8hrs editing a video and it's all done on my phone, it's not easy and I put alot of effort into helping other fishermen and sharing my adventures. I honestly dont consider it clickbait unless its dishonest or irrelevant to the video which I feel this is pretty relevant. But I have to make exciting titles and thumbnails or the Alberta content wont gain any traction so thank you for understanding!
Old 03-27-2019, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
That’s how you get people to check out the videos. I’m with you though, I hate that sort of tactic.

I never click on a video link without pictures being posted first. I figure if I want to search videos I go to YouTube, if I want to see people’s adventures from our forum I look at what’s posted on our forum.
Videos take about 10x the effort that posting a picture takes, I will watch any Alberta content I can find as our province is lacking greatly in it and I realise how much more effort people put in to making vids. But to each their own!