Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-15-2010, 09:14 AM

Default Husky Liner Truck Mud Guards?

I picked up some front / rear floor mats made by Husky-Liner for my 2010 F-150 and really like them. Has anyone put their mud / splash guards on their truck? Just wondering how you like them (fit / finish), and if they were fairly easy to put on.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott N View Post
I picked up some front / rear floor mats made by Husky-Liner for my 2010 F-150 and really like them. Has anyone put their mud / splash guards on their truck? Just wondering how you like them (fit / finish), and if they were fairly easy to put on.
I have the same truck.

Bought the Husky floor mats as well, they're well worth the money.

I bought the mud flaps from the Ford Dealer though. I priced them out at both the dealer and truckcessories and found I liked the dealer's style a little better than Husky. I got the chrome plate with no logo. Looks not bad, and I definately would reccomend getting mud flaps of some sort, easy to get road rash quick.

Old 11-15-2010, 09:34 AM

Albertadiver, if you don't mind me asking, how much were the mud guards from the dealership?
Old 11-15-2010, 09:39 AM
sheephunter

I just did the Canadian Tire Ford logo flaps on mine. Super easy to put on, they seem durable and pretty cheap.

Old 11-15-2010, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott N View Post
Albertadiver, if you don't mind me asking, how much were the mud guards from the dealership?
If I remember right, they were about $80.00 a pop.

Truckcessories on Edmonton Trail near McKnight is where I bought my seat covers and floor liners. They have some pretty good pricing. Cheaper if you install yourself.

I found that it was kind of finicky to install when I was looking at it, so just paid the dealer to install.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:49 AM

Do any of you guys have issues with the Husky Liners warping? I asked the dealer to get in a set of Husky Liners front and back for my new truck, he suggested going with the husky's in the rear, but they have a different custom set for the fronts that is much softer, and will not warp with time, regardless he will have both available to look at when I pick it up.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:55 AM

The husky are good but I like the weathertech even better. Awesome fit. Check them out. Got them for the wifes vehicle and they'll go in mine next. More money though so thats something to consider.

http://www.weathertech.com/store/pro...?ItemGroupId=3
Old 11-15-2010, 12:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeya View Post
Do any of you guys have issues with the Husky Liners warping?
I've had my floor liners in the front floor of my truck for a couple of years now and I haven't had any issues whatsoever. I can't see how they'd warp unless you took a heat gun to them. If you decide on the more flexible type just make sure that they won't move or shift around on you. The Husky ones that I have have a little indent that fits over a notch on the floor and they won't shift at all.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:37 AM

I've had the Huskys in several trucks, and just got them for my 2011 F-350. I notice that they seem to be much thinner that they used to be, and the outside edges aren't as formed, they don't contain water and stuff like the older style did......
Old 03-03-2011, 12:48 AM

Husky are good but I like more the PowerFlow mud flaps. For me, it provides a larger protective surface than many other aftermarket mud flaps.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:30 PM

Quote:
mike6187 wrote:
Husky are good but I like more the PowerFlow mud flaps. For me, it provides a larger protective surface than many other aftermarket mud flaps.
I'll go for Husky. I already tried that PowerFlow mud flaps and was not impressed on it.