Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-10-2013, 08:27 PM

Default OH Happy Sunday Fishing

Good Sunday Night Everyone!
Here is todays play by play but I forgot to take pictures sorry. Went to Brownlows at Gull Lake with Dad. Drove on went 1 km then went east between the two ice road. Sat down I caught 2 whites in 10 minutes. Sat there for 2.5 hours dad saw 2 I saw 10. Sometimes I thing he is daydreaming. I was using a orange and yellow twisted wire worm. Got out of my tent looked around realized that it wasn't the same spot I was in on Friday Opps. Told dad he was not impressed moved to the spot that I was in Friday ( about 1.1km from shore on the ice road on the right hand side) Drilled holes dad saw a couple I saw none I moved 5 times. I was advised by dad to go into the deep and so we did and hit White heaven. Fish everywhere coming from every direction. Only one problem could not get them to bite. I tried orange, green, red purple, multi, white, copper, every colour of wire worm and they were not interested. Finally caught one 10 inches long poor little guy went back for another day. Had enough at Gull Lake left at 12:30 pm went to Sylvan. I drilled hole for dad before I could set up he had a white. I saw 2 fish between 1:00 and 3:00pm and drilled holes all over the area we were in. In fact at one point I was worried that we were sink from all the hole I drilled. Ok I think I'm funny. Anyway back to fishing always. I then went back to my original hole and AAAAHHHHHH Whitefish everywhere! Caught 2 lost 2. Left for home at 3:30pm. Dad 1 Lady White 5 (don't forge the little one) once again I kick butt!! Oh and I forgot for the perch lovers I saw 15 at Gull and caught 3. Have a nice night everyone!

Hope these updates are not too boring!!
Old 02-10-2013, 08:41 PM

cool, keep em comin
Old 02-10-2013, 08:47 PM
Banned

Cool great update . LW.

Well done , I rode the pine for a skunk at sylvan . Saw a few whites and a ling . Nothing to the up side of the ice. I guess I should of went with gull given the bright sky . Congrats on a successful day. .