Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 11-10-2016, 03:57 PM

Default Pinehurst Walleye

https://youtu.be/eD-hTnDdTW0

Pinehurst lake is one of our favorite lakes to fish in Alberta with many features that make it an exciting place to explore. With current regulations there are starting to be some really nice fish being caught more often. Finally got around to putting this video together from back in June out fishing with my brother. Moving around a lot seemed to give the best results as did drifting shallow shoreline weeds. Sight fishing was great.

The Fishing Doctors Adventures - You May Watch More Than You Bargained For, haha!
https://www.youtube.com/TheFishingDoctorsAdventures
Old 11-10-2016, 04:06 PM

You should try your luck at the Pinehurst Tournament next year.
Old 11-10-2016, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleye101 View Post
You should try your luck at the Pinehurst Tournament next year.
Would be fun but I've never fished a tournament. Just fish for recreation and food. Actually I think most tournaments are on Saturday as well and I actually don't fish saturdays if you can believe it. Spend Saturday in church and with the family. Its the kick back and take a break from everything day for me.

If there is a Thursday Friday or Sunday tournament I'd be open to trying. I might have to upgrade the boat first though haha.

The Fishing Doctors Adventures - You May Watch More Than You Bargained For, haha!
Old 11-10-2016, 07:22 PM

Great video as always.The water looked so nice and clear.All of the fish were nice size as well.You have had great fishing on that lake.I remember watching you fishing with your Dad out there with the blue tarp on the boat.You guys were nailing them.Thanks for posting and maybe I will catch up with ya on a lake this winter.I will be in search of some nice perch and a bunch of fun fishing with friends.
Old 11-10-2016, 09:27 PM

Looks like a great trip, I can't wait to hit Pinehurst next spring!
Old 11-11-2016, 08:28 AM

Do you find that Pro Cure sent gel works well at all? I actually picked some up for ice fishing in a few different sents.
Old 11-11-2016, 08:51 AM

Thanks see you out there Racker, hopefully we have good ice when I get there end of December or we will be doing lots of walking.

Yeah i find the pro cure stuff works nicely if you don't want to bother with bait or just want to add something extra to a lure. I always use it trolling for salmon, kokanee and trout as well since they are notorious followers. I think it just give that extra little kick to seal the deal some days. I should try this winter and do a comparison with and without.