Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-18-2018, 08:10 PM

Default My Dog Loves Fishing

Took my dog for the first time this winter, he loves coming along fishing when i go in the summer time. i got set up late today in my shack after a 4.5 hour drive with a few dog stops. The first picture is after i dropped the first line down and he is watching my line intently. Second picture is after i caught a few walleye and he is trying to look down the hole to see where those walleye went too! i had to laugh because he sat in that position for probably 40 minutes. The third picture is when the bite stopped and he and his sister became bored waiting for the next fish to magically appear and have a nap instead.

sorry about the 2 pictures, i cant seem to figure out how to rotate them from my iphone!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2661.jpg (49.9 KB, 262 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2665.jpg (53.0 KB, 237 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2666.jpg (52.6 KB, 230 views)
Regardless of the overwhelming odds or obstacles in your path,
you always have an opportunity to overcome.
It is your attitude that will determine the outcome.
Old 01-19-2018, 08:12 AM

My dog loves to come fishing too. He's a Newfoundland so he loves anything to do with water, but he loves the snow too. I took him out with me during that really cold snap and it was -37 without wind, so I was a little bit worried about bringing him. He spent 6 hours outside running around and laying in the snow and refused to come in the heated tent. I was amazed. When he finally came in he fell asleep beside the hole and when I put a fish back he reacted the same way - stared at and pawed at the hole like it was a portal to a different dimension.
Old 01-19-2018, 08:37 AM

I think the moral of that story is : Dogs are really a lot smarter that we are cause if nothing going on, have a nap!!
Old 01-19-2018, 12:29 PM

I laugh at the dogs I've had out when fishing and some of the goofy things they've done, unfortunately I almost never have a camera handy when needed.
This summer I went bass fishing in BC, he was trying to catch them in the lily patches and out on open water as the little ones were jumping quite a bit. He swam for likely 45 min after jumpers off the end of the dock at the launch on one lake. He stepped on one in the Shell river in MB a couple of yrs ago, jumped straight up about 4 ft, looked for it and stepped on it again, gong show there for about 5 min. He'll let everyone on the lake know when I have one near the boat. Some comical reactions there for sure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF1873.jpg (69.6 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg lac des roche 012.jpg (62.2 KB, 52 views)