Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-01-2010, 10:45 PM

Default Trinidad Drilling

I just got hired on as leasehand for Trinidad Drilling. I'm heading out to a camp job near Fort Mac later this week, still not sure what type of rig I'll be on. I was wondering what kind of a company they are to work for. Anyone on here ever work with them, or know anyone who has?
Old 11-01-2010, 10:49 PM

never worked for them but most likely long days, if its a service rig long days, if drilling rig probley 12 hour shifts. camp jobs are the best. make good coin and eat good food lol. good luck up there
Old 11-01-2010, 11:26 PM

I have never worked for them myself, but two other guys I worked with did. They both had nothing but good things to say about them. They have lots of new equipment and seem to take care of it.
Good luck,
Old 11-01-2010, 11:49 PM

I'm kinda confused,,,, you are going to work for a co. in a role you are not sure of, in likely a somewhat hazardous profession in a somewhat remote location and you didn't take the time to research them or their record??? I am sure they are fine and I hope it works out for you.

Old 11-02-2010, 12:01 AM

Good 'ol Gunslinger has worked for them for ages. Seems like a solid crew to be hired on with. Good luck.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:26 AM

Watch out for the ether bunny!

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw
Old 11-02-2010, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillyreefer View Post
Watch out for the ether bunny!
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!! Now I have to clean the pepsi off my keyboard that came out of my nose!
Old 11-02-2010, 05:25 AM

I used to chase a few Trinadad rigs, welding barrels and bowls. They were always clean, never seemed to be a shortage of tools, and I never had to fight with the Pushes to get payed for rig repairs.

Also while doing those repairs, they made sure everything was safe as possible, oil cleaned up, moving equipment locked out, etc.

Pretty good outfit I'd say.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:37 AM

Never worked for them when I was working for the drilling side but I have lots of buddies that left the green machine to go over and they never looked back. They all say that Trinidad is one of the best.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:01 AM

they are a good company but iam bias M brother in law is cfo and vice of trinidad
Old 11-02-2010, 08:15 AM

I've sat on a few wells that Trinidad drilled. They were all good running rigs and great crews.
They like their iron clean. Be prepared to do a lot of scrubbing. You might hear things like this:

"If there is a sandwich in your hand, there better be a scrub brush in the other"

"Eat on the way to work, crap on the way home. Everything in between is scrubbing"
Old 11-02-2010, 05:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
I'm kinda confused,,,, you are going to work for a co. in a role you are not sure of, in likely a somewhat hazardous profession in a somewhat remote location and you didn't take the time to research them or their record??? I am sure they are fine and I hope it works out for you.

As far as I know thats the regular way to start an oilfield career. Pretty sure if anyone knew what they were getting into nobody would be working the service rigs.

Last edited by Cal; 11-02-2010 at 05:56 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:00 PM
Gone Fishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal View Post
As far as I know thats the regular way to start an oilfield career.
No doubt Cal, that's how I started back in the late /70's. Walked into Regents office, filled out an application and was hustled into Jim Davidson's office(owner back then)and hired on the spot! Well, I actually got hired because my father had drilled for Jim for years and that was my foot in the door. Back in those days there was no "drilling school" aka Pits, you just took your boots and rags and a hardhat and come what may!
Old 11-02-2010, 06:05 PM
Gone Hunting

Regent ran some great equipment and people!!!, from what I've seen Trinidad has carried on that same tradition..IMHO
Old 11-02-2010, 06:12 PM

Default Trinidad

I have been on a few of thier rigs over the last couple years. I don't have a bad thing to say about them. Ususally good crews and clean rigs.

Good luck working on the iron, it isn't as bad as everyone says.

Love this though

"If there is a sandwich in your hand, there better be a scrub brush in the other"

"Eat on the way to work, crap on the way home. Everything in between is scrubbing"

HAHAHA
Old 11-02-2010, 06:42 PM

I run a rig movin company, and Trinidad has their stuff together. Well maintained, good crews, and saftey is in place. Good choice, and all the best to you, hope things work out.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:37 PM

never worked for them but i moved lots of their rigs , they seem to run a tight ship & the hands seemed to b happy. Not alot of crew changes if that helps ,good luck!!!
Old 11-02-2010, 08:25 PM

Oh, it's a company. Thought maybe you were going to be working in that island nation, just off the coast of Venezuela. My advice, in that case , would be get as much life insurance as possible and don't bother buying a return ticket.

Grizz
Old 11-03-2010, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post

My thoughts exactly...

If you have all ten fingers and ten toes you are doing something correct.
Stay Safe Out There !!!
Rob
Old 11-03-2010, 10:59 AM

Thanks for the good info guys, sounds like they are a pretty respected company.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by .257Weatherby View Post
My thoughts exactly...

If you have all ten fingers and ten toes you are doing something correct.
Stay Safe Out There !!!
Rob
From what I've seen a clean safty reccord has as much to do with having tough crews and alot of peer pressure as anything else. In a six month period I saw a driller break both his feet and not claim an incident or take a day off, I got knocked into next friday when some co-rod jumped off the reel, that rig has officialy had zero TRIF for over 5 years. The safty records can be next to useless, IMO guys like Sharp 85 who see the starting wage and jump in with both feet blindfolded are the kinds of guys who do well on the rigs. As long as your not working for Rockwell you'll probably survive
Old 11-04-2010, 10:09 AM

I worked for them in the early 2000's when the only had 6 rigs. They were a great company. Good iron, good people and good pay. Not sure how they are since they bought everyone up.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
Regent ran some great equipment and people!!!IMHO
We still do, except the equipment is long gone.