Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-30-2023, 02:11 PM

Well help is on the way, maybe years from now, many reports to be filed, meetings to be held, more money spent on talk.
Subject: Fiona changed everything. Here's how P.E.I. is adapting | CBC News

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/princ...ment-1.6853507

With the arrival of spring, researchers and biologists are getting back outside to survey the damage and figure out what comes next.
Masters and PhD students and post-doctorate fellows from around the world have been studying the storm's aftermath through UPEI's School of Climate Change and Adaptation.
The researchers said they are still four or five years away from tangible results, though.

"something is being done by somebody, lol', so might as well enjoy Timmeys.
Old 05-30-2023, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by traderal View Post
Well help is on the way, maybe years from now, many reports to be filed, meetings to be held, more money spent on talk.
Subject: Fiona changed everything. Here's how P.E.I. is adapting | CBC News

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/princ...ment-1.6853507

With the arrival of spring, researchers and biologists are getting back outside to survey the damage and figure out what comes next.
Masters and PhD students and post-doctorate fellows from around the world have been studying the storm's aftermath through UPEI's School of Climate Change and Adaptation.
The researchers said they are still four or five years away from tangible results, though.

"something is being done by somebody, lol', so might as well enjoy Timmeys.
4 or 5 years away for results eh?......yup thats about how long it takes to get a degree and write a thesis....convenient as hell

Studying a tree that fell 30 years ago and noticing the fungus on it and the woodpecker holes isnt helping anyone.....its a lazy bs form of educational self gratification.....but i guess it beats working
Old 05-30-2023, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
4 or 5 years away for results eh?......yup thats about how long it takes to get a degree and write a thesis....convenient as hell

Studying a tree that fell 30 years ago and noticing the fungus on it and the woodpecker holes isnt helping anyone.....its a lazy bs form of educational self gratification.....but i guess it beats working
Buck it, split it, stack it, sell whatever you don't need. That's what I would be doing if faced with the mess you described.

BW
Old 05-30-2023, 07:48 PM

Well if the entire island burned it would creat damage about equal to when Ft.Mac and Slave Lake burned. PEI didn't care. In Alberta just the fires this year so far have burned more ground than PEI in its entirety. We have probably lost more timber value alone than PEI's annual gross domestic product.
Old 05-31-2023, 03:27 PM

PEI masquerading as a province is a farce and a blight on the rest of Canada. It has no economy and exists on other peoples money.
Old 05-31-2023, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapperdodge View Post
PEI masquerading as a province is a farce and a blight on the rest of Canada. It has no economy and exists on other peoples money.
But it does get more seats per population, than anywhere else in Canada, which is a joke in itself.
Old 05-31-2023, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W921 View Post
Even Stompin Tom got out of there.
Lol. I had old girlfriend in Summerside…………..Don’t think I’ll be crossing the bridge anytime soon.