Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-07-2007, 10:23 AM
Baitfisher83

Default anything unthawed??

hey this is probably a stupid question for march but anyone noticed anything starting to melt away yet???i've been working so much this winter i couldnt go ice fishing if i wanted to.....lol cant wait for the new spring/summer season to open
Old 03-07-2007, 03:52 PM
bigbore

holy havent seen you in a while:eek

i dont think much of anything is thawed yet, but if it was id suspect calagary area first before edmonton
Old 03-07-2007, 04:36 PM
Baitfisher83

lol i havent had any time for fishing so i didnt bother comin on here much at all, now i'm hoping to have one less day of work soon cause me and my dad uaully hit the ponds or whatever once a week in spring and summer....
Old 03-07-2007, 07:25 PM
dodger

I was thinking that i might get the boat on Travers before March 15. With all this warm weather and one good windy day Travers could open up. This might give me a chance for some fishing before the closures
Old 03-07-2007, 09:34 PM
jrs

Little ponds by Lethbridge are opening up, i'm expecting geese will be nesting very very soon. I think the open portions of the Crowsnest and Oldman will be providing dryfly opportunities over the next few weeks (until runoff starts). I'm hoping to go out myself. Anyone else been out?
Old 03-07-2007, 10:36 PM
Baitfisher83

i may not get out until april, have to renew my license and my WIN card but i wont have any extra money till the end of the month....gotta check when my license expires....
Old 03-08-2007, 10:35 AM
Brady

Default Baitfisher83

Here is that link that we talked about in chat last night. Sorry about that.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:35 AM
Baitfisher83

ya thanks but i probably wont get out until at least next month, and those regs will be different by then..lol
Old 03-08-2007, 11:38 AM
Brady

Well once they are updated, the link will still be on the homepage, in the same location.