Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-25-2007, 05:20 PM
Murrlin

Default Looking for a frog lure.

Well, I have looked all over for this certain lure and I cannot find it and I cannot find a name/company that makes them. Im posting in hopes someone knows. It is a frog type lure. It is a topwater bait. The whole lure is hard and does not have soft legs. The body is jointed at the top of the legs and when it goes through the water the legs spin and make a flapping noise on the water. If anyone knows, please let me know, thanks.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:39 PM
fat rap1

I know of the lure that you are talking about. I've had mine for a number of years but don't remember where I got it and it doesn't say who it is made by. Unfourtunatly I haven't seen one in a store either.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:21 PM
Ryanlookingforperch

is this it?

www.lurenet.com/catalog.a...Buzz'nFrog

The Rebel Fishing Lures Buzz’n Frog is a buzz bait in disguise, the only difference being that when you stop the retrieve, this lure floats and fishes while sitting still. The smoothly spinning rear legs churn the surface and semi-weedless rear hooks slip through heavy grass, weeds or moss. Perfect for bass fishing.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:39 PM
bradcougar10

I have one of these, sweet spring Pike lure. Drives them mad!!!!!
wholesale has them
Old 02-25-2007, 10:40 PM
fat rap1

Yah thats the one! I've had some success with early post spawn pike in shallow weedy bays. Nothing beats some good top water action!
Old 02-25-2007, 10:56 PM
bigbore

thos ethings drive smallmouth bass crzy in manitoba. gotta make sure you have a big assortment of different frog lures when over there. Use them too in some of our pike lakes here.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:04 PM
Murrlin

That lure is pretty close to what Im looking for. My frog has slightly narrower legs and a tad longer, but Im sure this one will work too. Yea, they work great for pike and was hoping to find a few lures before the ice comes off. Thanks.