Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 07:55 PM
dodger

Default Re: Boat Dealership...

I agree with you Grizzled about service. It is funny that all my relatives in Edmonton go to different dealers for there servicing. And all of them are happy with the dealers. But in Calgary it is totally the opposite. Everyone is fed up with the quality of customer service here.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:59 AM
Player86

Harbercraft in very interested in getting a dealer in Calgary area.

see PM.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:22 PM
Paddyo

Thanks for the heads up Player, I have sent Kevin an email and we see from there. They seem to have a great boat I am a little concerned with the lack of models however. Keep those comments coming guys! The only way to offer the best service is to find out what kind of service you guys want. Thanks!
Old 01-18-2007, 04:37 PM
Paddyo

Player

kevins email address was wrong it came back to me. I will try and track him down. Thanks
Old 01-18-2007, 09:12 PM
Grizzled

Default Harbor craft

Not familair with these boats...where are they made?
Old 01-18-2007, 09:48 PM
walleyes

Default Re: Harbor craft

Harbercraft boats are made out on the west coast. They are an extremly well made boat, built for the west coast and they also make river boats. They are not the fanciest of boats but they are of the highest quality to be found in a alluminum boat. My oldest nephew runs a 2525 Kingfisher, his dad runs a 2625 Kingfisher and his brother runs one of their river boats. I have spent a fair amount of time in these boats and they are built to last more than one life time. Of course they are quite expensive but you get what you pay for...
Old 01-19-2007, 10:57 AM
craveman

Harbor craft is made right here in Alberta, Sylvan Lake,the interior work is done in B.C.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:34 AM
dodger

The selection looks a little thin for Alberta type waters. Boats look great for the larger bodies of water. I like the Polar Kraft selection of boats.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:01 PM
Paddyo

Dodger

We are taking a very serious look at the Polar Kraft line. They seem to have a decent line up of models, they are well built with a wide beam, and the price point to the end user is very appealing. I have driven a 19' in some pretty windy conditions and it cut through surprisingly well. It's not for sure as of yet but Polar Kraft is high up on the short list.
I can't tell you guys how much I appreciate all your comments on here! I had no idea when posting the question that I would receive so many informative answers. Once again thanks and keep the comments coming!
Old 01-19-2007, 01:08 PM
walleyes

The metal work is done here in A.B. for labour reasons ( unions) out in B.C. The rest of the boat which is most of the boat is manafactured in B.C. And they are assembled out in B.C. And they are considered a B.C. company... Atleast this is my understanding with talking with the dealers...
Old 01-19-2007, 01:20 PM
Rifle14

Either Legend or Polar Kraft, both look like they have good selection, I've only used a Legend myself, loved the deep-v. As for a motor, honda all the way.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:56 PM
Player86

Every Harbercraft hull is built and welded in Sylvan Lake then shipped to Vernon for paint and rigging. Harbercraft is an Alberta company. What type of models do you guys think is missing for Alberta waters?
Old 01-19-2007, 02:38 PM
Paddyo

Player
Thanks again for the imput. Harbercraft are a great boat and I would love to support an Alberta/BC company. However they lack a few of the lower models or "car toppers" if you will. We need a line that offers the full range of boats from the 12 footers to the 20 footers and everything in between, bass boats, side consoles, tillers, etc. As we only want to offer one line we need to find one that offers the full meal deal. I think that focusing on just the one line we will be able to offer a better service to the client. I hope this answers your question, and thanks again for the input! Keep the comments coming!
Old 01-19-2007, 02:41 PM
walleyes

Thx for clearing that up player,,, I guess I was getting the wrong info...
Old 01-19-2007, 03:00 PM
getasheep

Default agreed

I agree Paddyo. The Harbercraft are some fine looking boats, but nothing in the plain jane range.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:23 PM
Player86

Default Re: agreed

Thanx for the feedback on the models, but don't forget about jets. If anybody on this board needs techincal info on Harbercraft's I should be able to help.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:07 PM
huntercam

Are you going to be set up at the Calgary and or Edmonton sportsman show in Feb and March?
Old 01-19-2007, 05:30 PM
Paddyo

We have been at both shows for the past 15 years, however we will only have our glass boats on display unless we make a decision prior to the show on our fishing boats. The problem is time, we want to have the right boat for the Calgary market. I realize that no matter what line we go with there will be those who disagree with our decision. Thats the reason for this post is to find out what the Alberta Fisherman/woman wants in a boat. I cannot stress enough how important I think your feedback is, ultimately the decision will be ours, but it will be based upon the advice we receive here. Thanks again!
Old 01-19-2007, 07:30 PM
Grizzled

Default Boat Show.......

Looking forward to the Boat and Outdoors show...and seeing your boats !
Old 01-20-2007, 12:13 AM
LUND

Default LUND

Why not go with 1 of the best boats and one of the most markatable u say they had quality issues but who hasnt at 1 time or the other. Im lookin for a lund for summer will keep checkin to see what u decide.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:19 PM
walleyes

Default Re: LUND

Personelly I run a Lund myself 2006 Lund 2000 fisherman w/ 175 Evenrude E-Tec. We absolutly love the boat we have it rigged for the west coast as well w/ sonars, gps, all the goodies. Lund does have some small issues with their interior, but a Lund hull is a Lund hull. To get any better you have to go to the heavy welded alluminum boats. Lund boats are built to last. People are fooled by fancy interiors and gadgets on alot of other manfactures. Lund is Lund when it comes to standard alluminum boats they stand alone..
Old 01-20-2007, 01:54 PM
Paddyo

Lund boats are a great boat without a doubt, and the biggest reason we cannot look at Lund is because they already have a dealer in Nanton. Lund are very strict on the locations of their dealers and will not have two dealers to close to one another. Lund is a very marketable brand with a loyal following. I think though given a choice I would still opt out for another brand. Thanks guys!
Old 01-20-2007, 03:45 PM
Topwater

Better check into Suzuki outbourds.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:08 PM
Lund Boats

Default Lund Boats

I don't know about that ...... We have a Lund Dealer in Camrose and we are just a stones throw from Edmonton. Rumour is LUND is Downsizing their operations in Steinbach , Manitoba.
Old 01-21-2007, 02:22 PM
Grizzled

Default Polar Kraft Boats...

Wondering if any has owned Polar Kraft...they look great and seem to put together some decent looking packages.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:03 PM
Paddyo

Default Re: Polar Kraft Boats...

I would be very interested in any first hand knowledge that anyone has on Polar Kraft, and of course any other as well. Thanks again
Old 01-22-2007, 10:08 PM
Grizzled

Default Service and winterization...

Do you think you will offer winterization,spring "run-up's", and maybe even shrink wrapping for winter?
Old 01-23-2007, 05:15 PM
new boat dealer

Default new boat dealer

I cant wait to check it out
Old 01-23-2007, 07:31 PM
dodger

Default Re: new boat dealer

So you are not exactly a new boat dealer here in Calgary? You mentioned that you have been in the boat shows the last 15 years. What is the name of your dealership?
Old 01-23-2007, 08:32 PM
Paddyo

Default Re: new boat dealer

Well Dodger we will be a new dealer in Calgary, we won't be a new dealer to Calgary if that makes any sence. We have been servicing customers in Calgary for years, and recently decided to open a location in Calary to better service new and existing customers. The name of our dealership is Rayburn's and we have been building and enjoying a very good reputation for over 20 yearsin Kelowna BC. I certainly do appreciate all comments and welcome any suggestions from all. Thanks again!
Closed Thread