Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 08:44 PM
Grizzled

Default EXCELLENT REPUTATION.......

Rayburn Marine has an excellent reputation in both B.C and Alberta and it has been built on a "service" first philosphy....RIGHT ON and welcome to Calgary.....
Old 01-23-2007, 08:48 PM
Paddyo

Default Re: EXCELLENT REPUTATION.......

Thanks Grizzled I sure do appreciate your several comments and imput. I hope you and everyone else who has contributed will get an opportunity to come by the dealership just to say hello and have a coffee. Thanks again!
Old 01-24-2007, 07:45 PM
Grizzled

Default New Boat Dealership.......

Thanks....I will be there...keep the coffee hot !
Old 01-24-2007, 08:38 PM
lilsundance

Default Re: New Boat Dealership.......

I've been looking at Lowe boats and like what I see.
Will you be carrying any kind of loader for loading boats on a rack on the truck? I have been looking at "Eide" boat loaders. A 14 ft boat that weighs 175-200lbs can be difficult for one person to load onto a rack by himself. Been trying to contact a dealer up in Gp but they won't answer my emails. Perhaps they have gone under I am not sure.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:57 PM
Grizzled

Default Trailers...and boat carriers

Looking for a new EZ loader trailer with they break in the tongue...easier to get in the garage...will you carry this kind of stuff...or at least make it available to special order?
Old 01-28-2007, 07:34 PM
Paddyo

Default Re: Trailers...and boat carriers

LilSundance

Lowe is a great boat! Well built, well priced and a great selection of options. Unfortunately for us Lowe has a dealer in Calgary already. I have not looked into the rack system that you were describing, but I will for sure.

For everyone else we have not picked a company yet but we have narrowed the selection down to three, so I will keep everyone posted!

I really can't explain how impressed and thankful I am to everyone for their comments and support, keep them coming!
Old 01-28-2007, 07:52 PM
lilsundance

Thanks for the reply. I live in St Albert but could be convinced to stop by on my way to Lethbridge to visit the step son and his family. lol Let me know what you find out about that loader. I am really interested in finding out an approx price. pm me when you find out. thks.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:57 PM
Paddyo

Lilsundance

I will keep you posted for sure, and by all means pop in to see us once we are up and running, I'll post opening day and address once they are confirmed. Even though we may not have what you are looking for I want to express the fact that we will always welcome a fellow outdoorsmen and we will always have the coffee on and be ready for a tale or two.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:45 PM
Grizzled

Default See you at the Boat Show???

Will you guys be at the boat and outdoorsman show in Calgary in mid Feb?
Old 01-31-2007, 01:16 PM
Paddyo

Default Re: See you at the Boat Show???

Yes we will be at the Boat Show, just look for the Cobalts! In fairness to this forum I do not want to mention the name of our dealership. I am here to be informed and receive advise and not to solicit business. That being said I invite everyuone to drop buy and say hello at the Boat Show, and I have been permitted to announce on here the make of Aluminum boat that we choose and our opening date. Thanks to all the moderators and thanks to all who left posts on here for me keep them coming!
Old 02-01-2007, 08:18 PM
onerockwest

Default Aluminum Boats

Have you taken a look at the aluminum boats from Hewes Craft? I have been in a couple myself and they are fantastic fishing boats!!
www.hewescraft.com/
Old 02-02-2007, 12:37 AM
Dewie

Default Re: crestliner lund

I like the alumicraft boats there is only 1 dealer in alberta and that is boat mart in red deer. I personally like there jon boats to put a jet on and fish the Bow river
Old 02-05-2007, 10:34 PM
Grizzled

Default Tin Boat lines..........

Polarkraft is looking good...lots of combinations and look solid...an Alberta kind of fishing boat...
Old 02-06-2007, 07:09 PM
Paddyo

Default Re: Tin Boat lines..........

well guys its getting close and I think it will be Polar Kraft! Not written in stone but Polar Kraft seems the best bet right now. Iwill keep you all posted, but thanks and I hope to see you all at the new store, stay tuned here, and if anyone has any questions just let me know. Thanks again to the Mod's and to all the people who responded.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:36 PM
polar kraft?

Default polar kraft?

Never heard of them or seen one on the water is there any other dealers around or something new? Will have to check it out when u open. Might be hard pushin a lessor known brand.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:47 PM
Paddyo

Default Re: polar kraft?

Milt

Actually they have been around for over 50 years. They are VERY popular in the USA, and Eastern Canada. I have driven the boats and was very pleased with the way they handle, and sit in the water. They are very well priced without compromising quality. I needed a boat that I could confidently put beside the Cobalts in the showroom, and I am confident that the Polar kraft is that boat. I hope you have the opportunity to come to the new store and have a coffee and check the Polar Kraft out for yourself, everyone is welcome any time, and no pushy salesguys will bother you!!
Thanks for the comment, and look forward to seeing you at the store!
Old 02-06-2007, 08:04 PM
dodger

I think that Polar Kraft has a great selection for everyone. As soon as you announce your new location and have your pricing and options in place please post it. Also what type of motors are you thinking of supplying.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:10 PM
Paddyo

Dodger

Thanks for your post, I will post our location and we will be open first week of March, however we will be hosting a grand opening with eats and specials in April. I will be sure and post that date as well and send an open invitation for all to attend. As for power we are a merc dealer now with our Mercruisers, however I am seriously thinking about going with Yamaha on the Polar Kraft.

Thanks Again!
Old 02-06-2007, 08:23 PM
dodger

COOL!!
Old 02-06-2007, 09:48 PM
Red Sky Shane

Hello all,

I'm a new user, just thought I'd add my two cents....
Old 02-06-2007, 09:54 PM
Red Sky Shane

Whoops. yeah, newbies. Sorry' bout that.

Polar Kraft are excellent boats in my recent experience. I worked with Whitecap Recreation in Slave Lake until recently.
They became a distributor for Polar Kraft, but in case you aren't aware, PK is a subsidiary of Godfrey Marine. The biggest manufacturer of marine in the world I heard....

Their lines include Hurricane sport boats, and Aqua Patio (and other names like Sweetwater, etc.) pontoon boats. Everybody that I know that bought one in the last couple years (including the father in law) is very satisfied. The quality seemed quite good, and the parts supply was the only concern I'd ever heard as they are based in the US.

Hope this helps you all. L8'r, Shane.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:20 PM
Paddyo

Welcome to the forum Shane and Thanks for the input! You are right about Polar Kraft being part of the Godfrey Group. In my conversations with other Polar Kraft dealers in Canada they mentionedd to me that the parts thing was a concern, but they seem to have it running a little smoother now. Thanks, and if you ever get to Calgary drop in to the store for a coffee!
Old 02-06-2007, 10:28 PM
Red Sky Shane

This store you speak of? Has an unmentionable name, or I just missed it?

Forget the fishing boats from polar kraft, sell pontoons!

They're the answer for lakes like Slave Lake with crazy conditions, and they're also great for tricking wives into the safety factor. We got a 27' last year with a 135. It'll haul 8 people, three coolers of bevvies, a porta potti, and 24 fish at 30 miles an hour. Whatta buy.

Good luck with the store, I've got a bro to visit soon in cowtown, I'll come in for a jo.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:28 PM
Grizzled

Default Polar Kraft

Saw a 19 ft model..loaded up they look unreal ! Hope to see them at the boat show...
Old 02-14-2007, 08:03 PM
Grizzled

Default Re: Alumacraft

OK a little research shows these are good lookin units to..any word yet on which one it will be??
Old 02-19-2007, 12:22 PM
willy

Default So wats the scoop on ur boat engine choice?

Did u have a setup at the boat and sportsman show. Whats name of ur dealer will be boat shoppin soon. PM me
Old 02-19-2007, 11:36 PM
Red Sky Shane

Default Re: So wats the scoop on ur boat engine choice?

So Paddyo? PolarKraft it is??

It must be a hard choice, though as there's so many manufacturers out there.

Anybody in Edmonton seen the Martin Equipment boat store along the Yellowhead at 170th?? I don't think they have any fishin' stuff, but the Mastercraft ski boat selection almost made me have a car accident and an orgasm at the same time when I drove by on Thursday. A buddy told me he stopped there last summer and there were rigs for over $110k and there was a guy dropping one off for an $8,000 stereo upgrade. Boys and toys...

It also made me wonder how stores decide on what to order, when it has to be ordered so far in advance. How do you do it Paddyo?
Old 02-20-2007, 10:46 PM
Paddyo

Red Sky

Well we are sill toying around with what line to go with, it is not easy as a lot of the good lines are already represented in Alberta. Martin Equipment were set up behind us at the boat show in Calgary, and I must say that they had the nicest display in the show. We are a Mastercraft dealer in BC, so we can't sell them at our new store in Calgary. However we do have the "Rolls Royce" of boats the Cobalts, and they start at $60 grand and go up to...... well a 34 footer will run you 350,000 plus. We are also a Larson dealer and they are quite affordable. As to how do we do it? crystal ball!!!
Old 02-22-2007, 11:41 PM
Red Sky Shane

Wow, I'll take a Cobalt 343 please.

They look awesome!!!

Sorry to be ignorant enough to say that I've never heard of 'em but, yeah. Very slick paddyo.

So this crystal ball....does it show me buying a Cobalt 45 yacht? I hope so.:\
Old 02-23-2007, 08:59 PM
Grizzled

Default Cobalt's...

I am the happy owner of a great tin fishing boat...but if you get a chance to look at a Cobalt...they are the Cadillac of "play" and criuser boats....
Closed Thread